Yes or No???

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
OK so I am in my first IVF cycle. I am on cycle day 5. My immediate family and DHs immediate family know we are doing IVF and know we have been TTC for 4 years. We talked about if we get our BFP that we were gunna wait to announce it to the world until we were at least 12-15 weeks along. But now were wondering if we should even tell ANYONE???

Why we Think We Should
1. They know we are doing IVF
2. They are our parents, sisters, grandparents.
3. They will be mad if we dont
4. If I happen to miscarry (im at higher risk for it), I will have support
5. Telling them we arent would be lying and I dont like lying...I would be telling them it didnt work when it did...dont want any bad Karma...

Why we Think we SHOULDNT tell anyone
1. My MIL has a BIG MOUTH...she told a few people i was doing IVF without asking us first, and when I was preggo with my first...Out of state relatives knew within 15 minutes...
2. My mother has a big mouth...more of a kinda big mouth. She would have a slip of the tongue.
3. My sisters have big mouths...they are 22 and 16...so yeah, big mouths
4. We arent telling my son until we are out of the woods miscarriage wise because he is 7 (8 in July) and it would break his heart...I am worried they might accidentally tell him
5. My SIL would tell my nephew (who is 4) who would in turn tell my son.
6. I dont wanna disappoint them if I have a miscarriage

What do you guys think? Do you have an 'announcement' plan? I dont feel right telling like my dad, but not my mom. Or my mom and not my MIL. There is already tension...lots of it...between the 2 families. I mean, I will definitely announce it here, and to my BFF (who will be Godmother to my baby).

I know I probably shouldnt worry about it until we get told yes or no...but I want to have a plan in mind...

this is my first IVF and a few people know, mum & dad, some friends & colleagues. I recently started thinking about the same thing. I will tell my parents as I trust them not to blab it around, but I have said to my friends that I will not be telling anyone the result regardless of what it is.
I've said if it is positive I will be waiting till 12 weeks just like a "normal" pregnancy and I think they see the logic in that.
If it does turn out to be BFN then hopefully I won't have to deal with them asking constantly about it if I don't want to talk about it, although I might tell them anyway, depending on how I feel.

With our 1st BFP we told all of our close relatives and friends because a couple of people figured it out and I didn't want them to be the ones to spread our news. I regretted it when I miscarried at 11wks, although the support from a couple of friends was nice the hurt and pitty in other peoples faces was very hard to handle. This time around I have told only 1 close friend and will keep it that way until I feel we are safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->