#YesAllWomen

Lina

Hooyo
Reaction score
I wonder how many have seen this trending on twitter. Quite possibly the most powerful messages I've ever read, still going through them and its making me sad for society.

https://blog.al.com/wire/2014/05/notallwomen_twitter_reacts_to.html

Wow very powerful.

This one is very powerful I think;

Because every single woman you know has been sexually harassed. Every single one. #YesAllWomen

It's true.

I have only just heard about this trending. Wow, What a powerful message :thumbup:

#Because you get to a point where you can't remember not being aware, alert, poised, keys between your knuckles.#YesAllWomen

#I've spent 19 yrs teaching my daughter how not to be raped. How long have you spent teaching your son not to rape? #YesAllwomen

#Because when we say "no", we have to consider the repercussions of that. In every context. #YesAllwomen

#In college, a police officer told us to scream FIRE if we were in danger of being assaulted otherwise people won't get involved #YesAllWomen

How sad is the last one?

Attachments

• BodQhC2CIAAWTHw.jpg
    BodQhC2CIAAWTHw.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
Unfortunately the last one is true. Last year I had to step in on a nasty domestic abuse situation. We were in a crowded bus station and a man was taking chunks out of his girlfriend whilst her 2 children watched. I was the only one who stood in front of her to protect her.

I always thought of it like this.
It defo made some.guys think..

If your house or car was broken into and it went to court the defence wouldn't be there like "the keys were left in the door, the purse was in full view of the dash, there was a nice TV in the window.. They were asking for it.." So why do we have the same for rape?

# because there isnt a antonym for feminism because it just isn't needed

I've been following these as I follow a lot of women's organisations on twitter. Really powerful messages :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->