Yet another person pregnant at work!

Minno

Reaction score
Arrgghh!! Is it just me or does everyone and their dog seem to be getting pregnant at the moment?! Today I was just chatting to one of the admin staff at work when she announced she was pregnant and was busily showing her scan pictures around the office! So hard to be happy for other people when you just feel devastated inside :(

join the club! Im currently loking forward to october when i can finally see off the 6th and last woman in the office who's preggers...

Our time will come, hun!! :)

I hope so Omi! This ttc milarkey is getting me down. I know I've got a bad case of selective attention but honestly, surrounded by pregnant women everywhere I turn! And even when you see them off for mat leave, they turn back up brandishing babykins and showing them off - arrgghhh!!!
Ignore me, I'm bitter and jealous lol !

Since I heard my brothers wife I can't seem to pick up my mood back on track. They just married in April and everyone around the family has been expecting a bb from me. So there u go , not just you. :))))

So sorry Skye. Its a nightmare isn't it. My MIL keeps making comments about why I haven't had another baby after having had my son 8 years ago - well, um, perhaps its cos I've been trying forever and it never happens!!
So difficult when there are expectations. My son is desperate for a brother or sister - I feel I'm letting him down :(

Totally know how you feel, I had 2 people pg at my office and they delivered less than 1 month apart, and I'm still waiting.

You are not alone, it's just not fair huh? My friends and colleagues around me are getting pregnant and/or given birth, and I have lost mine (1 at 20 weeks, another at 8 weeks) and here I am, still without a living child...

Yep, everyone's pregnant, all the adverts are about baby stuff, everyone on tv is preganant, ASDA is having a 'baby event' - arghhhh!

Oh Shiseru - I'm so sorry. Life is so unfair. If only it would just happen for all of us!
Twinkle - I'm so staying away from ASDA!
Thanks for your support ladies xxx

Stay away from Asda but get out of the house and bam! A girl pushing a pram and a bb with cute curly hair.
Better to focus on the fact that our baby is on it's way soon. ;) Perhaps holding up for the best possible gene set up :)) But before that I think we are all entitled to a fair amount of moaning and crying and, mild swearing if no one's hearing ;))

DH got a text while we were out tonight saying a friend of his and his wife are expecting - she's unbearably smug now so the next few months are going to be hell!

Yup, just watched 2 co-workers get pregnant and have babies while I had 3 miscarriages in the same span of time. I sometimes have horrible thoughts about the pregnant women I see. Lately I've been trying to remind myself that maybe they've gone through hell to get their babies as well. I can't always remind myself though.

Today I went to the gym to help with my mood. While I was working out, a pregnant woman gets in front of me and starts working out! Is no place sacred from bumps???

Thank goodness, I am not the only one! Since my 2nd MC I have been resentful, jealous, bitter and angry whenever I see or hear about a pregnant woman. :growlmad:

My brother in law's sister is due next week, and I have had 2 MC's while she has been happily pregnant. Why are we singled out to go through this crap? When we do get preg we will prob spend the whole time stressed until the baby comes out and is fine! I feel robbed of the whole experience! :wacko:

I work in a place with loads of women, there is always a nice big preggo bump for me to look at when I fresh back at work after another MC!

Heart tree, a few weeks ago when I was bravely taking myself back to the gym after MC, a man actually brought a baby into the gym so he could chat to his wife!
Someone at work waved a baby in my face 3 weeks after my MC because she thought it would cheer me up......this is a woman who had a MC herself...obviously so long ago she has forgotten what it is like...:wacko:

Sorry......take heart girls...it WILL be us one day, let's just hope that day is soon and they are in for the duration! :hugs:

Hey ladies I know exactly how you feel I am surrounded at work and in my personal life by pregnant women. I work for a start up company of 18 staff and 3 have recently delivered and then there is 2 more in the next month. My step sister is due in 4 weeks and then in my close circle of friends here there are another 6 due from now until Dec. It's like a baby boom decided to happen right around me.

A few months ago I was taking it all very very badly and got myself so upset that it was affecting normal life. I would avoid certain social events etc and just couldn't bear it. Everyone is always asking us so come on whats taking you so long to have a baby. I know many of them don't know the trouble we are having but it still hurt all the same. I was crying so much it just wasn't healthy.

But recently I have changed a little yes I am still soo desperate to have a baby more than anything else but I am working hard at telling myself that it will happen I just have to hang in there a little longer. Until then I am not going to miss out on living and I am not going to miss out on my pregnant friends important time of life I am going to share their joy and cherish every moment as my time will come and I will want them there to share it with me. No matter how difficult it may be for me to cope with at the time I am being unfair to them if I am not there to support them and share their special moment.

I know that some peoples actions can really hurt and seem insensitive but I am sure that they do not mean it. Some people are really rubbish dealing with difficult emotional situations and just seem to make a hash of it. I know my step sister falls into that category, i can feel that she doesn't know what to say to me when the pregnancy subject arises and yes she says the most annoying thing "just relax and it will happen" but I can't blame her. I cannot be sure how I would have been towards others before I went through all of this TTC nightmare. I know that the whole experience has made me so much more aware and thoughtful and for that I am thankful.

Our time will come when we will be holding gorgeous babies in our arms and we will finally be able to let go of the stress and just enjoy, I know that seems like a world away right now but it will come. Until that time lets keep battling together and support each other along the way. God knows that I would have completely lost it a while back without you girls :hugs:

Sending you all loads of :hugs: and :dust:

Carole, you have an amazing attitude! :flower:

You are right, and I am gonna try to be more positive. :hugs::hugs:

Ladies, thanks for sharing your stories and for supporting me along this journey. My next door neighbour has a little boy arged 5, a baby around 9 months, and I just saw her get into her car and I swear she has another little bump! Fantastic!
Also, my neighbour across the road just had her little one a few months back.

Carole, I think your attitude is amazing. I wish I had your strength. But I have started to plan ahead for holidays and things like that, as you just can't put your life on hold waiting for it to happen. I was following the Egg meets Sperm plan this month but am fairly sure it hasn't worked as feel early pre-m signs are around already at CD17.
On to month 21 then :(

Must try harder not to feel jealous of others! xx

Got an invite to a baby shower today - friend started trying around the same time as us & got pregnant within 2 weeks. When I first read it I thought I can't go & then at the bottom she's written 'I'll understand if you don't want to come' and I thought - this is ridiculous! She's 35 too, she had all the same worries about getting pregnant as I did and has been on pins all the way through incase something went wrong - I should be celebrating with her and not locking myself away like some bitter old witch, so I'm going to battle through a trip to Mothercare, take a deep breath and go and smile for her!

Ladies, thanks for sharing your stories and for supporting me along this journey. My next door neighbour has a little boy arged 5, a baby around 9 months, and I just saw her get into her car and I swear she has another little bump! Fantastic!
Also, my neighbour across the road just had her little one a few months back.

Carole, I think your attitude is amazing. I wish I had your strength. But I have started to plan ahead for holidays and things like that, as you just can't put your life on hold waiting for it to happen. I was following the Egg meets Sperm plan this month but am fairly sure it hasn't worked as feel early pre-m signs are around already at CD17.
On to month 21 then :(

Must try harder not to feel jealous of others! xx

Hey Minno

Don't beat yourself up, trust me there was a time when I was in such a bad place with all of this and really did not cope at all with friends pregnancy and little babies.

I still have pangs of jealously when I see their adorable babies and my heart breaks as I really want one so much. But making myself so upset about it constantly was only hurting me and DH and not achieving anything so I have tried really hard to turn it around. The one thing we know is that we cannot control this TTC journey it basically comes down to meds, good doctor and a whole lot of luck. But evidence shows us that if we keep trying we will more than likely achieve our goal of a gorgeous healthy baby so we have to keep going.

Way to go Twinkle, take a deep breath and go for it. Just think that could be you at your baby shower before you know it.

I really hope that we all get our BFP's very very soon :hugs:

Hey Twinkle - good for you! You're absolutely right. When its our turn we'll want all our friends there sharing it with us. I like the idea that it will happen but it will just take us a bit longer. Makes trips to Mothercare much more tolerable - and espec. if you can 'pretend' and spot all the stuff you might like in the future.

Carole - good to know you've been where we are and have come out the other side. Feels like a big black hole sometimes. Some days I'm absolutely fine, and others I feel crap and can't bear to see everyone at work. I also work in a profession where women are by far in the majority. Bugger!

xxx

Minno - I know what you mean - I'm a children & families worker so I run several toddler groups a week - hundreds of new babies every week! (Well maybe not hundreds - maybe it just feels like it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->