Yogurt, Cheese?

luckyme225

Reaction score
I was reading Connor's sheet from last months visit to the doc and I noticed it said that I could soon introduce yogurt and cheese but didn't specify how soon soon was. Is it normally 8 or 9 months that you introduce it? Do you just give them the yogurt and cheese that we normally eat or is there a special baby kind I have to give? Also, when can you introduced scrambled eggs??? Thank you so much for your help :)

I don;'t know about eggs, but yogourt and cheese is eight months, they do have special yogourts for babies in toddlers, you can find them in the dairy section at the grocery store! :)

I have a booklet from the health visitor that states from 6 months you can introduce dairy products e.g. cow's milk (not to drink though), cheese (not mould-ripened cheese) and eggs (well cooked) but if there are known allergies in the family to anything to introduce these things cautiously.

Your guidelines in the states may differ though, these are the guidelines in Scotland.

Here its like this in canada :

Yogurt & cheese is from 4 months (special kind for babies)
Cows milk @ 6 months with cereal ( but not to drink)
and eggs is 6 months but only the yolk part not the whites

Has had Yougurt since 6 months and eats cheese aswell. Appareently i read that you can give eggs but make sure there really cooked. But im not sure on that one.

Even though they say 6 months for well cooked eggs, I would be very cautious.
When Rachel was 6 months we gave her well cooked scrambled egg (I mean it was like rubber) and she had a reaction to it, her face swelled up, scary stuff and there's no history of egg allergy in family so I would just watch for any reactions after giving something like that for the first time. x

Yes, eggs are yolk only. Until 12 months then you can slowly incorporate the white into diet.

cheese and yogurt from 6 months. Make sure yogurt is the plain type (no added sugar). I personally avoid cheeses but do get whole fat organic greek yogurt.

Yumm. She likes her yogurt too.

:hug:

I get some plain organic yogurt for Josh, make sure that it doesn't have any added sugar, make sure it's full fat and it doesn't have additives like sucralose or aspartame etc. Then I add some organic fruit puree.

WHAT??!! yogurt and cheese at six months!! My book says eight months!! Oh well if she can have it now all the better!! I was looking at baby/toddler yogurt at Sobeys a few days ago, and wanted to get some but remembered what I read... i'll have to pick it up next time!! :)

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm

Best site ever...
:hug:

Thank you for all your help ladies, you're wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->