Yolk sac.. No yolk sac?

Belfast girl

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm just new here and looking for some information...
I went for a early pregnancy scan 2 weeks ago due to light bleeding where I was told I was about 5 weeks pregnant and they could see egg sac and yolk sac on the screen... They couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from and told me to go and rest and they'd see me back in 2 weeks. Now I'm being told that there is just a sac at 7 week's. She said there was something there but I'm not seeing what I should see.. There's no heart beat.. Then she couldn't see an yolk sac and had to get nurse from 2 weeks before in. Who looked confused.
The nurse was going to book me in for a scan a week later then changed her mind and started offering me in 5 days time to accept treatment for a delayed miscarriage . Has anyone heard of these as I just don't want to accept this so soon.
I know when I had bleeding with different pregnancy that at 7-8 weeks there was a wee dot on screen so I'm just hoping that because this nurse who hasn't done a single blood test or urine sample and is quick with tests has missed something .

I would ask for a serial beta before I committed to the treatment for mc. I hope the best, but to be regressing/reabsorbing and not having a heartbeat i would definitely prepare for that scenario. I’m so sorry you are going through this

I had a internal scan at 6 weeks 3 days and all they could see was the sack. They then tried an abdominal one and found the fetal pole and yolk sac! My womb was tilted so harder to find apparently and Cos I’d previously had a c section it made a bit of a difference.
If u can afford it I’d go get a private scan if I were you or insist someone else does it for you and take bloods

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->