you are probably sick of this question, but...

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
With respect to to fraternal twins...

If my maternal grandmother had siblings who were fraternal twins, and if her father (my great-grandfather) was a fraternal twin, do I have increased chances of having twins? Or are they too far back in my family tree for it to make much of a difference? Does anyone know? I'm just curious. When my mom was pregnant, they told her she had increased chances for having twins, but there weren't any in her generation, or in mine.

wellll my maternal grandmother had twins and there were none in my mums generation (of which there were 9 children) the next generation (mine) numbering about 23 approx 5 havent had children of the 18 that have there are two sets of twins - mine and my sisters.

Soooooooo (brain cranks here) soo thats 11% of the people but far less if you take into consideration the number of pregnancies

HTH xxx

My maternal grandmother has fraternal b/g twins. None of her kids have twins, however..........i had fraternal twin boys in feb. Rest of the girls in my family are yet to have children..............

There was one set way back in our fam, then my aunt had them, and now myself..

There is no twins in my family at all! AND here I am pregnant
with fraternal twins! :) I looked a few things up online and
actually found alot of info about increased chances of getting
pregnant with twins. In the past 10 years every woman is 10xs
more likley to have twins...just do to increased population, IVF
and such!

I "think" that how I got pregnant is I got off the birth control pill
and when I got off of that my body spit out two eggs...I got pregnant
about a month and a half after getting off of the birth control...so
it was my first cycle.

My great-grandma in my dad's side was a twin, but they say it doesn't count... Otherwise there are no twins in my family. Don't know what they would say about you though. A genetic counselor would be able to tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->