you get bigger with 2nd baby??? myth??

bexbaby

Reaction score
Just a silly question really but I've been told by family members and friends the 2nd time they where pregnant they went a lot bigger then the first time :/ not that I'm bothered I love being pregnant, and seeing my baby bump growing bigger and bigger each day. But I'm just curious.. I never went 'big' with my first I was literally just all baby and as soon as he was born I slimmed right back down. Anyway it may be a silly question but I'm looking forward to seeing the replies I get.

:)

With my son I was all in the front (you couldn't tell I was pregnant from behind) and I was all baby. but with my daughter I put on weight EVERYWERE! But I think my bump was about the same with both xx

I was bigger with the second but my first was only 6lbs 12ozs, the second was 8lbs 13ozs so that's probably why!

You appear bigger and sooner with a second+ baby as your muscles have already been stretched out of place by the first pregnancy.

I was smaller, probably because I weighed less to start with 2nd time round :flower:

My first was my highest birth weight baby. I definitely was smaller with the 2nd.

I had a bump sooner but didn't get all that big even with twins (until the very end at least).

I was bigger each time I got pregnant. My 3rd, I was bigger then my 1st and 2nd and he was only 2 lbs. My first was 5 lbs my second was 6 lbs and my last was 2 lbs.

I was bigger with my first than second didnt really get a bump untill 20 weeks then had to end the pregnancy so not sure after that.. I seem to be showing a little bit already and im only 5 weeks 2 days i think lol or maybe just eating too much.

This is my 4th and my smallest bump at this stage. Its all going on my hips, bum and boobs but not my belly x

i was loads smaller with my second lol and he was a much bigger baby, so not true for me :)

I was the same size with my first and second, but now I'm on my third and I'm tiny!I thought, especially with having my pregnancies all so close together and my stomach muscles not having the chance to go back to how they were, I'd just be huge. But no. I don't think I've ever had such a flat tummy. haha

I started showing earlier with my second baby but the was no difference by the end, looking at pics I'd probably say my bump was smaller second time round and I lost more weight at birth

My body didn't get any bigger/fatter the swcond time, but my bump was a little larger.

I was tiny with my first now pregnant with 2nd and only 5 weeks but am wondering whether i will get bigger quicker this time around

I hope this isn't true, I'm pregnant with our #2 and our ds is only 4 months so havnt lost the baby weight from last time, and I get married in june( I'll be 6 months pregnant) lol xxx

Im starting to doubt this rule!

By 8 weeks with my first I had popped over my pubic bone and had quite a distinctive bump by 12 weeks so this time around I thought I definitely would have popped over the pubic bone by nearly 8 weeks especially with carrying twins however when I lie down there is almost a dip between my hips bones :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->