You know your a twin mum when...

you know your a twin mom when everyday you get peed, puked or pooed on!
you never get out the house before 11am.
Asda is the highlight of my week too!
And the thing that annoys me most is "are they identical"? when clearly they are a boy and a girl in a pink and blue pram that has bro and sis on it.

xxx

YOU get out of the house??????

you know your a twin mom when everyday you get peed, puked or pooed on!
you never get out the house before 11am.
Asda is the highlight of my week too!
And the thing that annoys me most is "are they identical"? when clearly they are a boy and a girl in a pink and blue pram that has bro and sis on it.

xxx

YOU get out of the house??????

Well occasionally lol, i have to do the school runs at least xx

You know you're a twin mom when people ask you how old the twins are and you feel like saying:

"I have no idea! You expect me to do math right now? Do you know what my days and nights are like? Why are you asking me to think???"

You know you're a twin mom when people ask you how old the twins are and you feel like saying:

"I have no idea! You expect me to do math right now? Do you know what my days and nights are like? Why are you asking me to think???"

Ha ha I used to feel well stupid when people would ask me how many weeks they were! I couldnt keep track! Now its easier now I say months lol!

Do you tell them the adjusted age or the actual age? Or do you go through the whole rigamaroll each time? I keep telling myself that, if it's a stranger, I will just say the corrected age, since that is how old they are gestation-wise and how old they look. I thought it would be a good idea to do that 'til they are one or so. But I find myself going through the rigamaroll each time, like I feel like I am lying or something, so I tack on the actual age etc. and they don't usually know what that means so it takes forever to answer the question of "how old". Note to self: JUST SAY THE CORRECTED AGE AND SMILE!

I think I've figured something out..Because my boys look so different, I dont think people think they're twins! Only if I dress them alike do people ask...But, the rest of the time, I think they think I just babysit or something

I used to always say... 16 weeks... but they were 8 weeks early so they still look quite small, I couldnt help myself but say that at the end!!! I would try so hard to just say corrected and thats it but I couldnt lol! Ive found now they're 8 months I dont tend to say that anymore, only when they were smaller! so it does pass!

Some of mine are similar to yours but just tweaked to my needs. So here goes:

You get excited at the thought of going to Asda, cos THAT's a day out for you now!

Everyone at Asda knows yours and your twins names.

You get really irritated when people mix up their names and bark the right name at them.

You have the biceps of a man as you're walking around all day carrying two babies.

Your back and shoulder blades kill because of the above.

you feed two (in my case three) kids with one bowl one spoon in one go!

You want to punch anyone who says they're tired.

You can spot a fellow twin mum a mile off (and not because she has her twins with her, but because of the air of exhaustion and desperation around them).

You never answer your phone anymore and you never return anyone's calls (no time!)

You're lucky if you get to wash everyday.

You get annoyed at people who coo "aaaaah twins, I want twins"

You get annoyed at people who says "better you than me"

You get annoyed at someone who asks if twins run in the family

You get annoyed if someone says "double trouble"

You get annoyed when people ask you "are they twins?" when it's clear that they are!

You get annoyed when you tell people they are identical and they then go on to ask if they are boy/girl twins!

You get annoyed when people ask if one's a boy and one's a girl when they are clearly BOTH dressed in blue

You just get annoyed! lol

Shopping takes you twice as long as before

The fact that people ask you intimate questions such as whether you are breastfeeding, whether you had them naturally and whether you had ivf to conceive twins doesn't faze you anymore.

You find yourself holding in your pee for HOURS and it becomes second nature and before you know it you don't even realise anymore that you need to pee and that you've been holding on for the last 3 hours!!

Three hours sleep in one go seems like bliss

You laugh hysterically when your OH mentions sex cos you know it's not happening anytime soon (you'll be lucky if you get any for the next two years buster!)

Your best friends are now ladies on a forum you've never met!

The idea of having a singleton seems like a piece of cake and you're now certain you could take care of a singleton with your eyes blindfolded and your hands tied behind your back.

You toy with the idea of returning to work full time so that you could get some rest!

But at the end of the day, you have two chubby little arms that go round you, two cute little faces to kiss, two gorgeous smiles that melt your heart and ALL that day's hardships melt away and you know its all worth it and that you are the luckiest woman alive. :)

OMG! ALmost all of those were exactly how I felt.A been there done that especially the constant ?S:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->