You know you've been TTC too long when....

Thank you pand :hugs: I haven't been using any real predictor kits, I have an app on my phone that logs my AF and tells me when my most fertile times are, so I try to BD a lot more around that time...but I know its not all that reliable, my bf keeps telling me I HAVE to go to the docs but.. I'm just scared you know. And the last year or 2 I've put on a lot of weight, I know that can also be a factor so I joined a gym in August have been going since then and trying to eat more healthy, I've lost around a stone but still have a ways to go, I'm thinking he will just tell me its to do with that...but I have seen people a lot bigger than me be able to conceive:(

There could also be a problem with your OH that you won't know about unless you both go and get seen. It is scary, but when you think what you could gain from it, it's worth it :) If you're not ready to go to the doctor yet, it might be worth charting your temps so that you can see if/when you're ovulating and can time intercourse better. Fertility Friend is a great site for that and has a charting course which teaches you everything you need to know. I also have the app on my iphone so I can just enter my temps easily. Good luck! PM me if you want :)

I agree with Pand!! It was totally scary going to see the doctor the first time, but since that time I've come to find out that I have some issues. Sounds scary right? Actually it's reassuring! It's not just my body broken beyond repair, there are things that I can work on that will help me eventually conceive and if that doesn't end up working enough, there are options that will still help me to conceive - iui, ivf, etc. I feel better knowing that it's not just all up to hope and prayer and that there is something that I can work on to help - does that make sense?

I couldn't ttc because it was too physically painful. After a long time of enforced abstinence on my poor partner I finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor. I was very embarrassed and thought he'd tell me to 'just relax' but he didn't. I was referred right away and found out there was a reason for my pain. And it was fixed!

I would also recommend charting your temperature. When I started I realised I ovulated 4 days later than the standard prediction for my cycle length so I'd definitely missed the boat before :dohh:
I'm not saying that's your problem but it does make you much more aware of what is going on in your cycle and can sometimes point to problems.

Can I just say this is my first time over in LTTC (I am on 18th cycle - just been scared to come over!) and this has cheered me up no end. Thank you x

Welcome to the LTTTC side! I think you'll find you like it here :)

Thank you pand :hugs: I haven't been using any real predictor kits, I have an app on my phone that logs my AF and tells me when my most fertile times are, so I try to BD a lot more around that time...but I know its not all that reliable, my bf keeps telling me I HAVE to go to the docs but.. I'm just scared you know. And the last year or 2 I've put on a lot of weight, I know that can also be a factor so I joined a gym in August have been going since then and trying to eat more healthy, I've lost around a stone but still have a ways to go, I'm thinking he will just tell me its to do with that...but I have seen people a lot bigger than me be able to conceive:(

Welcome! I also agree with the rest of the ladies. The docs, while scary, are really helpful. Things I would have never thought of have been brought to my attention. I found answers to questions I had since before TTC that were never answered for me. Seems like the gp docs didn't care about my questions until I started TTC. I might also reccomend that along with FF you might want to use opks if you haven't yet. They also helped me to pinpoint when I am ovulating. I have 5 week cycles, so going by the standard 28 day cycle didn't work for me. Using OPKs also ensured that DH and I definitly do a lot of bding at the right time :)

hi there.. my first here in LTTC, ive been monitoring my BBT for 12 months now and i have really long cycle im currently on my CD 48 and been tryng to conceive for over a year.. baby dust to all of us..

You know you've been TTC too long when you actually do a pg test after your period, in case you're one of those women who continues to bleed!

You know you've been TTC too long when you actually do a pg test after your period, in case you're one of those women who continues to bleed!

I totally do that. Because there's all those ppl that say they bleed normally!!!! I don't want to be taking Motrin for my cramps and be knocked up!

...when you and DH have given yourselves a timeline..."If it doesn't happen by ____ we're starting the adoption process."

When you are txting & predictive txt turns everything in to ttc words ;-/

I am also a newbie to the LTTTC forums, and this has made an incredibly shitty morning so much better.

I'm Steph, and I have to say so far I have been kidding myself with staying in TTC#1, because if I have previously refused to admit me and my husband are long termers...:dohh:

We've only been TTC for 1year 8months (which I know is a mere drop in the ocean for some of you), but after AF arriving (with a vengeance!) this morning, and logging on here to see row after row of "TTC for 4 months, how do I cope?" "TTC for 5 months, possible BFP 2dpo?" my very bitter inner bitch starting screaming "for fucks sake, would you just piss off!!"

It was then I knew I had to move away from TTC#1 and into LTTTC to save my sanity, and possibly the psychological health of others on that board by catching me on a bad day.

When you're reading a book which has the main characters trying for a baby and it mentions that they've been trying for two years but haven't had tests yet and you think, 'woman, you're 38! You should have gone for tests 18 months ago!'

...you sleep with a beeded 'fertility doll' under you're pillow, given to your mum by a friend who says it worked for both her DIL's, it's ridiculously absurd but hey anythings worth a try isnt it.....:blush::blush:

When DH asks you what you'd like for birthday and Christmas and you reply 'i'd like us to use more of our savings for fertility treatment, nothing else really' and you mean it.

Thinking on it maybe i'll go sit on santas knee and ask.....worth a shot right?

When DH asks you what you'd like for birthday and Christmas and you reply 'i'd like us to use more of our savings for fertility treatment, nothing else really' and you mean it.

Thinking on it maybe i'll go sit on santas knee and ask.....worth a shot right?

Too right!

... when you get your OH's SA results back and it takes all your effort to not tell all your work colleagues how many million sperms he had in his sample (189 million, in case you were curious :lol:).

Hiya Ladies :hi:

I’m new to this thread. My name is Tara and I’m 25 my signature tells my basic story. Always wanted a big family and after 5 years in a happy, stable and loving relationship we started trying. Most people we knew said my only being 20 was too young (my OH is 7yrs older), but we were ready. We had good jobs, nice home and lots of love to gave a baby. Unfortunately it didn’t go to plan and due to me being scared to go to the doctors for ages we didn’t find out why for a while. PCOS and don’t ovulate, clomid will hopefully help us get our dream. I got pregnant after my 1st go but sadly lost my bean at 5 weeks. We were both devastated but we’re trying to stay positive, a year a go we’d of never even imagined getting to see a BFP so hopefully it will happen for us once I start back on the clomid. So here I am now talking to you lovely ladies, so that’s my story so far.

Sooooo you know you’ve been TTC too long when…. You spend your hard earned cash on an emailed psychic reading just so you can hear somebody tell you that you will get the baby you so badly desire. But when the 1st reading doesn’t tell you it’s going to happen as quickly as you want it to, you spend more hard earned cash on another psychic who will hopefully tell you it’s going to happen very soon. Here’s hoping! So LTTTC has officially sent me bonkers, you heard it here 1st...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->