You'd think this would be easy! Onto month 3....

WhereisBabyL

Reaction score
Literally everyone around me is expecting. Everyone. I'm at that age where all my friends and peers are having kids. I'm 25 and I guess I was naive to think it wouldn't take but one try. But now here we month 3..: it just boggles my mind that loads people get pregnant on accident and I'm not even getting pregnant on purpose! Ugh.

It certainly is crazy how many surprise pregnancies there are. But they do say to give yourself a year of ttc. A healthy couple only have a 20 percent chance each month. Which seems extremely small considering how often it happens.

As froggy said, each month your chances are around 20%. Really, its a miracle anyone gets pregnant lol. Just remember that for most couples it can take 6 months to one year to fall pregnant, so don't lose hope! :)

I really know how you feel. And it's great to know I'm not the only one. I'm 27 and trying #1.
It does get me how there are so many unexpected pregnancies. And how hard it is to actually get pregnant on purpose.
So much for when sex ed was "you can and will get pregnant your first and EVERY SINGLE TIME!" Heck I can't even get pregnant around ovulation!
I've been off the pill for two years, but I don't temp or use opks etc. But keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! It's great to know someone feels the same as me!

Im 23 and hubby was 29 at the time of conception. It took us 16 months to get pregnant. It was tough, but it will happen for you! Try out different things to see what works. We were about to go in to see someone regarding fertility when I got pregnant naturally. I know its tough, but just remember its not as easy as what they made it out in highschool health class :flower:

Yeah thats one of my giant pet peeves now is how we were taught about sex in school. Abstinence only sex education is such a joke. :/ They raise us all up on the notion that you can pregnant any and every time you have sex but that's obviously the farthest thing from the truth and a giant lie.

I get how you feel. We got pregnant about 8 years ago (we were just kids) and it was SO easy...

Now that we're ready, it's taking forever. =( We are on cycle 6.

I totally feel your frustration. DH and I have been together for 15 years. We have been focused on our careers until now. I am 32 and he is 34. Never thought I would have an issue being pregnant when the time was right. Well, ended up getting pregnant the second cycle after going off bcp but it ended in a mmc in Jan....I would never have guessed that would happen. While I am trying to get my body to cooperate, everyone around me is popping out babies like it's going out of style. Know that you are not alone. We all have our frustrations in this TTC game...hang in there! :dust:

Thank you guys so much!!! Everyone says oh it takes time. Everyone is different but I know people who get pregnant on their first try and i always thought it would be a cinch! My hubby and I are still fairly young too. 24&25.

Oh man, I feel ya! We are on cycle 5 and there's been a good 8+ new baby announcements just in the time we've been trying. My sister (who I am extremely happy for after a 2.5 year uphill battle and PCOS!), my brother knocked up his awful girlfriend, a variety of friends, some coworkers.... But you just have to stay positive! Have faith and just know it'll happen, just not on our watch.

Oh man, I feel ya! We are on cycle 5 and there's been a good 8+ new baby announcements just in the time we've been trying. My sister (who I am extremely happy for after a 2.5 year uphill battle and PCOS!), my brother knocked up his awful girlfriend, a variety of friends, some coworkers.... But you just have to stay positive! Have faith and just know it'll happen, just not on our watch.

I agree. It's like everyone around me is dropping like flies and everyone is asking us when we are gonna have one! Well I'm trying dangit! Lol this will be cycle 3... Trying some new things hoping this is it.

Ha ha. It sounds like your brother knocked up all those ppl in your post! Funny. Good lu k ladies. Only on cycle one so far

Hey girl, definitely give yourself at least a year before you give in. We tried for 3 cycles , 1 cycle NTNP, 5 years of no birth control (pull out sometimes, sometimes not). So in other words it WILL happen in it's own time.

Also, there are a whole lot of pregnancies lately, I seriously think it's some sort of baby boom going on!

Glad to see so many of you being so encouraging for us who are TTC#1. Indeed, it's more difficult than most of us could ever imagine. hehe.. I'm completely screwed over this month, with AF being super late and tests reading --> BFN..

Literally everyone around me is expecting. Everyone. I'm at that age where all my friends and peers are having kids. I'm 25 and I guess I was naive to think it wouldn't take but one try. But now here we month 3..: it just boggles my mind that loads people get pregnant on accident and I'm not even getting pregnant on purpose! Ugh.

Hey there! I just wanted to jump in and thank you for sharing, I am onto cycle 2. I was "Not trying not preventing" since June after being on BC for many years to control a cyst on my ovaries.

Anyhow EVERYONE is either preggo or a new mom around me and my partner and I are sooo ready. I am on CD2, using OPK's now and considering seeing a doctor take be sure all is well with my system. Looking for a buddy to start this next month with. All the best to you and must baby dust as they say on this chat lol :dust:

I share everyone's frustrations. We were always soooo cautions. On be for 11 years! Very cautious even when on it. Didn't want it to accidentally happen. I wish I stopped the pill a year ago. Ive been off for 3 months and thought it would happen right away. Now I know it's only month 3 and we haven't been at it long but was nothing like we predicted!!! I don't know I can't continue this whole tww thing for a year. My heart goes out to everyone who has been trying a long time. It really does!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->