"You'll definitely be early!" and other helpful predictions

Oh I'd hate that :x I had a hard enough time not yelling at people asking my son what he's hoping for (even though he was perfectly happy with just a baby, details didn't matter).
He'd tell them baby, and they'd be like "OH BUT A BOY OR A GIRL? YOU MUST WANT ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER?"

Why. Why do that. Why set a small child up with that as if he ultimately has a choice in the matter and let him hope for one with the potential of being disappointed :shock: Thankfully he ended up wanting a girl, and that's what we're having - but he's autistic with learning delays so I don't know how I would have explained to him otherwise after people getting his hopes up.

I hear ya!

I always get " oh! you're having a boy!" because my kiddo's have always been on the larger side and I carry large, and when I tell them that no, I'm having a girl they get this weird disappointed expression and comment on how tiny I am yet how huge my bump is. The biggest gripe I have about predictions is how I get judged for wanting a boy in the beginning, when it was revealed this LO was a girl I got guilt tripped like no other * rolls eyes* like I'm sort of monster for hoping to have a little boy, there's totally no shame in that for crying out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->