Young mom needs advice on preparing for baby.

ColorMeFamous

Mommy to 2 and an angel 💛
Reaction score
So I basically have really bad timing and was planning on moving July 1. Well apparently it's really hard to get a place to rent so we have pushed back our possession date by a month! My plan was to move and unpack all my daughters stuff (it was obviously the first thing to be packed) and then pack a hospital bag then. I'm a single mom of one and one on the way so I'm really freaking out. I have friends that are willing to give me some of their baby stuff but they live over 3 hours away. I need advice on where to buy cheap baby stuff, what to pack for the hospital, and anything else I should be thinking about right now :/ I didn't realize how close I was to my due date until my dream last night in which I had her early and didn't have anything ready... Freaking right out...

Also, when should I pack my hospital bag??

I went on eBay and searched for bundles of clothes (onesies and such) spent about £20 and got over 100 items.

There's a good hospital bag checklist on boots website I just used that (I'm waiting to move really close to due date too!) I just got all toiletries from pound shop, chucked everything in a suitcase and stuffed it on top of my wardrobe so I don't need to worry

I dont know if they have them in AB but in ON they have a place called Boomerang kids and they sell gently used clothing, some of it still has the tags! Its so much cheaper and you wouldnt know by looking at it that its used. Good luck!

since im from Ohio i dont know if you guys have a Once Upon a Child, it's where people take gently used everything baby/toddler for money. They have adorable name brand clothes, some still with tags and they are a good price. Not to mention furniture is resonably priced.

There are a few places that you could go!

- Value Village
- Good Will
- Once upon a Child
- Kijiji
- Ebay.ca
- Sally Anne's (sp?)

I hope this helps!

Okay! Thank you so much!! Ill have to look into all of those options :)

Once upon a child all the way (if you have it in your area) ! I went shopping there got a swing, bouncy chair, monitor, crib set, a few sheets, mattress pad and lots of clothes for less then 200$, all together it would have retailed over 600$.

Yes! We have once upon a child here!! That's insane!! Ill have to go pick up some stuff ;) I just know she's coming early. I really need to get my stuff worked out. It's hard because I don't even know the city I'm living in yet :/

Haha oh wow!! I am so nervous haha!! I want to be super prepared haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->