Young TTCers? Need some friends :)

treasured

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

I have a lot of gals on here that have been totally supportive and I love them all!

I just thought Id start this thread for any young TTCers that would like to chat or need any support :thumbup:

Im 21 from the UK and have been with my lovely OH for 2 years :cloud9:
I got my implant removed in Oct and we have been NTNP for 4 cycles and TTC for about 6 cycles now!

Would be nice to hear some TTC stories from ladies around my age, if youve told people, dealing with pregnant friends etc. :)

Peace xxx

Hi Ladies :)

I have a lot of gals on here that have been totally supportive and I love them all!

I just thought Id start this thread for any young TTCers that would like to chat or need any support :thumbup:

Im 21 from the UK and have been with my lovely OH for 2 years :cloud9:
I got my implant removed in Oct and we have been NTNP for 4 cycles and TTC for about 6 cycles now!

Would be nice to hear some TTC stories from ladies around my age, if youve told people, dealing with pregnant friends etc. :)

Peace xxx

Hi! Im carrie. Im 25. My husband Josh is 26. We live in Duluth, MN. We have been together for 10 years but married for 4. We have been actively TTC #1 since June 1, 2011, but NTNP pretty much our entire relationship. I am, based on my calculations, approx 7 DPO.
Pretty much everyone I know at least knows I want a baby. My ENTIRE close family (which means my moms side cuz we dont really hear from my dads side much) know we are having a difficult time getting pregnant. I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder and Major Anxiety Disorder. With those, I have accepted the fact that I cant keep things to myself. My entire support system needs to know everything going on with me, or I can get into trouble. My mental health is fairly under control with my meds, so when I get pregnant, it'll will come down to "do the benefits outweigh the risk?"
I would LOVE to be your buddy if you would like to add me!!! Looking forward to hearing from you!

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 21, ttc as of this month (CD 4), and could use a buddy or two as well!

I just turned 24, Dh is 28. I got pregnant with our daughter at 22 and had her just 4 days before turning 23. We've been ttc for 7 months now, as I had problems with irregular periods due to still breastfeeding. It looks like my cycles are steady now, so I'm hopeful for the next few months! I'm currently on CD1.

Il be 20 in august and My husband is 23 at the end of the month, weve been together for 4 1/2 years and just got married 4 months ago, I quit taking bc in December and we started trying in april. My Cycles are pretty regular but im still waiting for the BFP :)

can i join in? i am 21 and DH is 30....he has 2 kids from a previous relationship. came off bc pills mid march and TTC since then.

I am Jill. I am almost 23 and am in Australia. Married for almost a year but have been with my OH for over 5 years. We have been TTC since November last year but have only found out that I have PCOS a few months back. Am currently working with our OB/GYN to help us fall pregnant. Hoping it is sooner rather than later.

I have found one hard thing with TTC and being my age - heaps of people older than me saying "go out and live life, when you have kids your life is over". This makes me furious as I have done everything in my life that I have ever wanted to do (uni, travel, work, paying off a home, married the love of my life) and the only thing that I am missing out on in my life is having children - I want to be younger when I have kids to fully enjoy them and experience everything with them growing up. I see children as a precious gift rather than a burden on social life and finances.

Probably doesn't help that I am a school teacher too and I see so many children that have parents that need a wake up call about parenting and it makes me so sad... I would do anything for a child to love and care for.

I hope we all get that :bfp: soon!

I am Jill. I am almost 23 and am in Australia. Married for almost a year but have been with my OH for over 5 years. We have been TTC since November last year but have only found out that I have PCOS a few months back. Am currently working with our OB/GYN to help us fall pregnant. Hoping it is sooner rather than later.

I have found one hard thing with TTC and being my age - heaps of people older than me saying "go out and live life, when you have kids your life is over". This makes me furious as I have done everything in my life that I have ever wanted to do (uni, travel, work, paying off a home, married the love of my life) and the only thing that I am missing out on in my life is having children - I want to be younger when I have kids to fully enjoy them and experience everything with them growing up. I see children as a precious gift rather than a burden on social life and finances.

Probably doesn't help that I am a school teacher too and I see so many children that have parents that need a wake up call about parenting and it makes me so sad... I would do anything for a child to love and care for.

I hope we all get that :bfp: soon!

I have found one hard thing with TTC and being my age - heaps of people older than me saying "go out and live life, when you have kids your life is over". This makes me furious as I have done everything in my life that I have ever wanted to do (uni, travel, work, paying off a home, married the love of my life) and the only thing that I am missing out on in my life is having children - I want to be younger when I have kids to fully enjoy them and experience everything with them growing up. I see children as a precious gift rather than a burden on social life and finances. <------- i TOTALLY agree with this and i am in the same boat as you! also, i am a daycare teacher and being around the kids makes me want them even more....but some of the parents need help! just like you said. so we are in the same boat with those things :)

Yay I am not alone! At least we are making a positive influence on the children's lives we care for and teach in our jobs.

Another thing that is annoying me at the moment is what seems like every person around me falling pregnant at the drop of a hat or 'accidentally'... I am so happy for them but part of me is soooooooo jealous and just wish it was my turn and as easy for me to fall pregnant. We have an entire nursery set up ready to go. I cry whenever I hold or see a baby at the moment... I am a hormonal wreck!

Yayy! Hi girls :) thanks to you all for replies!!

Carrie- I can understand how nervous you must be about your mental health during this time! My mum actually suffers from bi-polar disorder so I have spent a lot of time helping her through some tough times, she also had to stop her meds when she was pregnant with me so that made it a bit worse for my dad, but of course it is worth it cause she got me in the end ;) hehe! Id love to be your buddy I shall add you just now :) That is quite a long time to be NTNP, have you seen your doctor about any possiblities?

jilly- i completely agree with the anger that gives me when people assume id rather be out partying and wasting more time than settling down and starting a family! Im a carer for a blind girl so my whole life revolves around looking after people and id love to be able to have my own child to care for! and I also agree with you about some parenting skills, even OHs family need some wising up about parenting skills, his sister recently had her 4th baby (unplanned) and was just saying the other day shed rather die than be stuck with the kids! i mean I know shes not serious but come on, I would love my child no matter how irritating or whatever and she is throwing around statements like that! its rediculous.

hellloo to all the other girls! Im glad everyone wants to join the chat :) im glad there are others in the same boat as me and hopefully we can all keep each other sane throughout this process haha!

im wondering two things, firstly- have any of you been to the doctors and been kind of patronized? i say this because when i went for a smear test I was basically told by the nurse that I have my whole life ahead of me and not to worry about TTC and she looked at me as if i was crazy! its kind of put me off going to the doctors again now because Ifeel they will all judge me because of my age....

secondly- has anyone experienced close friends or family getting pregnant unexpectedly? I honestly cant believe that in the time ive been TTC both my best friends have got pregnant, the first one was a few months back and she had a termination, somthing which I am dead against, and felt horrible even thinking about because I want it so badly and she just wants to throw it away! although I dont think I could have handled it if she had kept it. And then my other best friend has just found out a few weeks ago that shes 5 months pregnant! WTF? and she doesnt even know who the father is, has no partner, lives with parents and no way can support herself. I am so angry that im going to have to go through all the excitement when the baby comes and shes close to my family too so my mum will be so happy and excited for her, when it should be me!!

god, sorry for my rant! Im also sick with the flu and just got AF this morning even though I had sore boobs my whole TWW and thought i might have a chance so im not very happy :( :hugs:

Thanks for listning :) x

I was treated like an idiot and totally ignored and belittled about my concerns with my dr because 'I was so young'.

When I expressed to her that we had been off the pill for a few months and trying and my cycles were all over the place AND I knew I had a family history of PCOS (even though my cycles were regular before and during being on the pill and I had no real def symptoms of PCOS), she still treated me like an idiot telling me 'there is nothing wring with you, you are paranoid, you are so young, just keep trying and it will happen, I am not sending you for any tests, no OB/GYN will see you if there is nothing wrong with you. Even me crying saying, even if there is nothing wrong with me, I would like to know either way. My mum is a nurse and she was telling me that I needed to get it followed up, but my own GP was ignoring me.

I eventually went to a new dr and she referred me for scans no questions and I was diagnosed and referred straight away. But even then my OB/GYN was very hesitant to give me clomid straight up to make me ovulate because 'I am so young.' I felt like saying... even though I am 22, what makes me less of a priority to get me pregnant faster (through higher dosages of clomid, etc) than a 30 year old woman?!?!... a lady i work with went to him the same time as me, same problem as me and was started on clomid straight up, yet i was told to take progesterone to try and regulate my cycles first and see if I would ovulate... inside I was furious... I am tired of waiting and if I am asking for intervention, I want it! (I am not one to muck around with anything).

As for friends falling pregnant unexpectedly, I know heaps of people... I am dumfounded by it... if you know your cycle, take the pill/use protection how on earth can you fall pregnant accidentally?!?! If you aren't taking precautions, and have sex, then you are much more likely get pregnant (if you are lucky enough to have nothing wrong with you) A few of my friends have fallen pregnant and not known for ages and have been out drinking through the early stages.... I haven't drunk since we decided to start trying, have watched my diet, taken prenatal vitamins, have had all my blood tests done to check my immunity levels for everything needed for a healthy pregnancy - done everything in my power to ensure I am the healthiest to fall pregnant, yet I still can't by myself :nope:

Life really isn't fair sometimes!

Oh and if I sound like I am ranting too, I have been stuck at home all weekend with the flu, have a sports carnival to try and get through tomorrow at school (because I cant get into a dr to get a dr certificate for a day off work) and am dealing with a weird cycle making me worried. 8 day period, 2 days off, then a 3 day period again... WTF?!?!:cry: So... sorry!

ohhhh jillie dont worry everyone loves a good rant :) that is absolutely shocking about your GP, I think they all just assume that its a phase or somthing that were going through? its like why cant we be as serious about getting pregnant as the 35 year old that it may be harder for? I have known people who are 40 that have fallen pregnant straight away, yet they would be prioritised before us anyday! I also think its rediculous that the NHS wont fund IVF treatments for anyone under the age of 23, I mean is that the age you suddenly switch on and realise you might not want a child? I dont think so.... So if me and OH cant do it ourselves for whatever reason theres no way we can even try fertility procedures for another 2 years :S.

My friend tried to tell me that they used condoms and she doesnt know how it could have happened, to be honest though, I think she probably planned it as shes always wanted a baby, and would probably do somthing crazy like that! I just dont know how im going to deal with it when she breaks the news to everyone :(. I also feel that if I get pregnant everyone will assume that Ive done it just cause she has. Its so petty that I feel like this but its like everyone around me is winning the lottery and I am losing every time! What made you think you had PCOS at first? I dont seem to have strange cycles, like they are hardly ever the same, 24 days/26 days/28 days but never anything like 40 days which ive heard is an indication of PCOS? Im not overweight or anything either.

Hope you dont feel too bad :( I wish there was a B&B meet up where we could all get together and eat cake and bitch to each other haha ! x

I realised youd said your cycles were all over the place and you had a family history haha! Were they the only indicators ? x

Yes i ve seen my obgyn. all the tests were normal. I wasnt charting my BBT or using opks, so he wanted me to try that. i went backb after 6 weeks, and he said my charts looked good. He asked me to continue charting and bding every other day for anoth 4 cycles (bringing me up to oct) and if it still doesnt happen then he will intervene.
Ive had many people accidentally become pregnant. my sister had a girl in sept, when she already has 3. And my sister in law got pregnant at 13. Her son is almost a year old too.

I'm 19, been married for 7 months to my high school sweatheart. I'm an Army Wife :) Just started TTC last month, but unfortunately i have PCOS and rarely ovulate so i have quite a rough road ahead of me. I live in the US now but he got stationed in Germany so we are moving there next month. Only two close friends know that i'm actively TTC, but i dont give them all the detials. I joined this site so i could meet other women with PCOS and women that are TTC in general. But most are older than me so its nice to see a thread for younger girls. Good luck and baby dust to everyone :)

Jillie: My doctors were the same when i got diagnosed! But i decided to wait until after we move to try any type of treatment. So for now we're using pre-seed and just seeing if we get lucky. We probably wont, but it doesnt hurt to hope :)

Jillie: My doctors were the same when i got diagnosed! But i decided to wait until after we move to try any type of treatment. So for now we're using pre-seed and just seeing if we get lucky. We probably wont, but it doesnt hurt to hope :)

With my PCOS I have been put on Metformin/Metex (but have had to stop because I was getting side effects from it) and progesterone dosages 21 days on, 7 days off to try and regulate my cycles. Have a blood test end of this month to test if I have ovulated and if not, then we go from there, whether we just keep doing the progesterone and seeing if my body does it naturally or whether we need clomid to help me ovulate. Just got to keep positive... and people say stop thinking about it and it will happen. I would love to stop thinking about it, but I have a million pills to take each morning and night and I have to keep a damn diary charting EVERYTHING each day... how can I forget about trying to get pregnant doing that?!?!

I realised youd said your cycles were all over the place and you had a family history haha! Were they the only indicators ? x

Yep, only indicators or I had... everything was fine before and while I was on the pill, only irregular once I went off - hence why dr tried to keep telling me it was my body adjusting to coming off the pill... but I just had a feeling something wasn't right.

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are ttc, have been for around 2 months (when I came off the pill) and my cycle has gone crazy! I had 3 periods in one month, was told by the doctor that it was normal, and to just wait! I've been tracking my BBT and OPK'ing on occasion :) Dont think this month is my month, my temps have been all over the place, but I feel good knowing we're closer to our baby! :)

Anyone come off the pill and had weird cycles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->