Your Christmas Traditions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elli21

Reaction score
What are your own christmas traditions??

The kids always get one pressie on xmas eve night, and that present is pj's :)

Um...we used to do steak, egg and chips fors xmas day but now the kids are older that will change ... this year im going to attempt to do a big roast. :coffee:

What are yours??

the pjs one we do that always did as a kid so my dh carried it on for me and now we do this for our dd and the steak and eggs my mum and dad always done this too

My mam & dad bought us PJs for xmas eve

We havent built up any traditions yet. Probably hubby going to the pub on xmas eve and then sitting in front of the telly all day at MILs on xmas day. Humbug!!

Sorry for complaining Im a tad homesick lol x

We always do pjs on Christmas Eve too, we bought the boys each personalized ones this year, I think they'll love them :)

Also on Christmas Eve we bake homemade cookies for Santa

Christmas morning we do all the gifts then we make a huge breakfast for the boys

We also see Santa every year

We do the pj thing too =]

Sausage and egg rolls for breakfast morning & a nap in the afternoon on the sofa before we have to go visit family in the evening

well me and mum always go to asda early in the morning, and we too have new christmas pj's that night, and often bake cookie's and watch an xmas film. now once maddi's in bed (we go to stay with my parents) we all set all the presents out and drink egg nog :D

We do the Pj thing too :D and we bake cookies for santa (and us ;)) watch christmas films all day and this year we are having close family over for a buffet and games :D
Carly I have never tried egg nog :blush: whats it like? is it alchoholic? Xx

the way we make it, yes ;) me and mum just mix Advocaat with lemonade - we buy it from the supermarket, i actually prefer the really cheap one to the more expensive! it's like alcoholic custard! you can make it yourself, and without the alcohol i believe, but probably has raw egg's in so inadvisable if pregnant lol! we've been drinking it every week when we go for dinner at mums as i'm planning on not being able to next year ;) xx

Yep, PJ's on xmas eve as well. We always take DS to see Santa and feed the reindeer in the run up, this year as it's DDs first we've decided to go on xmas eve to make it that little bit more special ... hopefully that will become our xmas tradition. DS and I are also going to make the little snowmen muffins in the Asda mag for Santa this year ... really looking forward to it.

Mmmm sounds yummy!! and I hope you cant have any next year ;) x

On christmas eve we get to open one pressie each :) This year Dec has a little postal game (from ELC) and Dan has a set of Top Gear dvds and a pair of liverpool slippers :) we get into our new jammies and play/watch our new gifts.

Christmas day we have a traditional Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, then we have a little rest before we visit family :)

We have a takeaway xmas eve - we both have different 'favourites' so for once we have what we want
Bacon sarnies for breakfast - this year I'll be having bacon, egg and mushroom cobs YUM
Maybe a short trip to the pub on Christmas Day
A nice walk on Xmas Eve
New PJ's on Xmas Eve

Ooh I love Christmas!! Its so exciting :lol:

Stockings in bed
Xmas day walk

We always go for a walk on xmas day too!! This year the kids have scooters...so im kinda hoping its not icey or snowing.

christmas eve we put out cookies and milk for santa...then first thing in the morning the kiddos open their stockings

we have breakfast Christmas morning...something small and light...this year it's blueberry muffins...then we open presents and put out snacks (deviled eggs, cheese ball, veggies and dip, etc) and around 4 we eat Christmas dinner

Every year we have one present from Santa and it's always a tin of popcorn, a box of chocolates, and a new movie to watch together.

New Pjs are a must for xmas eve!
One pressie for xmas eve too, Gemmas is usually a dvd she can watch in bed.
We have a takeaway on xmas eve too, watch xmassy films.
Walk to cemetary on xmas day and then to feed the ducks.
We open our pressies at Midnight on xmas eve, so the morning the kids can get stuck in to thiers without ours getting in the way :winkwink:

I think it's cool so many do the pjs on Christmas Eve, I don't know where I got it but it doesn't seem as common here where I live so it's cool to see others that do it too

My mum always did it with me :) So i just passed it on.
Its not so common here either and its weird seeing so many people say it.

I always used to get a pair of PJ's for Christmas but was never allowed to have them before Christmas day :hissy: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back