Your completely irrational pregnancy fears...

Menelly

Reaction score
Let's share them, and kind of laugh at ourselves for our completely irrational pregnancy fears. I can't be the only irrational pregnant woman, right?

My irrational fear right now is when I'm trying to poop and I'm constipated as hell, I'm going to magically loosen Baby's hold and push out a tinsy 4 week old baby.

Irrational, right?

What's scaring you that you logically know is impossible, but still plagues you?

Im a basket case, I spend the 1st tri thinking the baby's heart will stop, 2nd tri thinking my cervix is opening and the 3rd thinking the cord will strangle the baby. :dohh:

My first trimester I was a mess, from being terrified that I would miscarry to fear that my cervix was open. Come second trimester I just fear of my babies heart stopping.

Oh, I fret about everything really! I have been driving myself mad googling blighted ova and the like and was so apprehensive about scan this morning that when I saw the baby dancing about and bouncing and waving it's arms and legs I thought 'you cheeky thing, you were in there all that time!'.

My new worry is whether baby is still okay as it was fine at scan this morning but sonographer had to push really hard to get nuchal translucency reading as baby was uncooperative (in fact I had to go and walk round for ten minutes to get it to shift position properly - as it was dancing and bouncing but not turning round!). Now I am a bit achy and whilst the sensible part of me says that the baby is probably fine and it's just me who is achy the other part of me worries! I much prefer pregnancy when you get to the point where you can feel the baby wiggling!

I totally feel you on the pushing too hard thing!! I thought I was the only insane one who irrationally feels like if I strain or move the wrong way or bend the wrong way baby is just going to pop loose or something and I'm only 4 weeks!! I've been cramping every since a few days before my bfp, sometimes it would even wake me up at night, well of course that worried me...last night I was able to sleep for the first time and haven't really had any cramps since waking up either and now I'm worried about NOT cramping!! :dohh:

every time i sneeze i worry i'll have disconnected baby from me, and i always have to check for bleeding and stuff...

and even though i am horny as anything (pregnancy related me thinks) i don't want to have sex and dislodge baby!!!

every time i sneeze i worry i'll have disconnected baby from me, and i always have to check for bleeding and stuff...

and even though i am horny as anything (pregnancy related me thinks) i don't want to have sex and dislodge baby!!!

Same! I find myself trying to hold back every sneeze and cough. I was finally in the mood for sex last night but didn't even bother trying as I think DH is scared to and I worry about sperm/lube/whatever else getting up there!

This isn't really irrational but I hope that I'm proved wrong....
I am constantly thinking about not seeing a heartbeat at my 12 week scan. Can't even be excited as I'm convinced it's all going wrong :-(
Still got 10 days to go before scan... awful feeling like this.

My biggest fear is being told my babys heart has stopped (which isn't irrational for me as I lost my daughter at 19 weeks) and I know it can happen again without any given warning :( x

I've never gotten chicken pox, and I'm a pharmacist and chicken pox is rampant, I'm terrified il get it!

I've never gotten chicken pox, and I'm a pharmacist and chicken pox is rampant, I'm terrified il get it!

i've never got chicken pox either, but my mum had it when she was pregnant with me so i dont know if that counts :S xx

I'm glad to know I'm not the only panicked woman! I think some of your fears are very rational though.

For me there just feels like there is no "safe" time of pregnancy as I had a 34 week stillbirth. Or daughters heart just stopped. That said, it's a relatively rare thing to happen and I try to convince myself that lightening shouldn't strike twice...but it's both rational and irrational at the same time.
I'm trying my best to just savour every day of pregnancy and be grateful for today.

This isn't really irrational but I hope that I'm proved wrong....
I am constantly thinking about not seeing a heartbeat at my 12 week scan. Can't even be excited as I'm convinced it's all going wrong :-(
Still got 10 days to go before scan... awful feeling like this.

I'm the same I have dating scan in 2 days, I feel like I'm counting down the seconds untill they tell me there is no heartbeat, my OH thinks I've gone mad.

Omg I just wanted to say I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one.
I'm driving myself mad and I'm only 5.5 weeks pregnant!!!

I currently worry I've gotten listeria.... also have 12 week appt (no scan for me) and am worried i won't get to hear the hb...

I think I'm just crazy! I'm sure everything is just fine i just get so stressed by trying to eat right and then i worry so much about listeria even though i avoid everything they say to avoid and its very rare.

With the hb thing, i just want my ob to try to hear it Monday and I'm worried she won't and i just really want that reassurance even though i think everything is ok.

I think anxiety comes with pregnancy for me...

I'm scared that at my 12 week scan that nothing will be there and I'm having some kind of phantom pregnancy because I want it too much, like dogs that carry around their toys and produce milk!!

This is going to be a bit morbid, but I'm afraid that in later pregnancy, some psycho is going to see that I'm pregnant. Stalk me until my due date and then break in, slice me open and steal my baby..... I obviously watch too much tv, but I know it's happened IRL too which just freaks me out even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->