Your dream wish list....

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I have a 2 year old but in march i lost my third baby at 21 weeks. I'd already started buying stuff and I've also got things from my dd but I have a desperate need to work towards my angel baby!
Because I've already got a lot of things and I'm now able to work longer I'm trying to build up a dream stash of wraps, nappies etc now I've got the extra time and cash!

What have you got that you love? And what in a dream works would you have for your Los? Xx

I'm so sorry to hear that.

It doesn't seem right to go straight from saying I'm sorry to talking about nappies but talking nappies is what I do so I will... I really loved our Blueberry Basix and Coveralls, Bottom Bumpers AIOs, Peachy Greens, Sloomb fitteds, Thirsties wraps and hemp prefolds, BG Elementals and Freetimes, Flips, Kiwi Pie fitteds, anything Tots Bots, Planet Wise Covers, anything custom dyed like Holden's Landing or Little Gumnut (OBV is the BEST!)... and any teeny newborn size nappies get my vote. They're not glamorous but Motherease bamboo Sandy's in XS or S are really great. I'd get a whole boat load of newborn wraps too! Some pretty custom dyed and made woolies maybe as well - Truly Hooked and Jo.Knit.Sew on Facebook do some stuff that makes me dribble.

Wetbags and wipes too. Eli's WipeE's are fab - we used the mini wipes/family cloth sized wipes - you can find her on DiaperSwappers I think, there's a huge choice and her wipes are all perfect. I think wetbags are an area worth spending some money on - I have two large ones (hold maybe 6 nappies) and two small ones (hold 1 nappy) and that's about right for us. I'd get a double wetbag too if I could do it all over again. I think they're worth buying more expensive (and prettier) ones as you can use them long after you've finished with nappies - I use one for CSP, one for used facecloths, you could use them for swimming stuff, kitchen cloths etc.

So sorry to hear about your loss.

My first thought goes to diapers as well, I am mentally planning for my next baby already.

Personally, my dream stash is sized natural fiber AIOs. I had microfiber diapers and didn't like the hassle of getting those clean in my HE washer (it's a toploader, but it is HE). I have used flats and covers, and they work and wash great, but they are a pain going out, and sometimes just a hassle when you are in a hurry and/or not feeling well. I love Blueberry (formerly Swaddlebees) Simplex 2.0, I would love to get a lot of those in Med for my current stash but we don't have the cash. I have also discovered I like Bottombumpers on LO, and they are actually cheaper. I would probably buy a small bottombumpers or two and a newborn Simplex or two and see which one worked better, then get a full stash of those. I'm pretty weird, as I like my entire stash almost to be the same. It bothers me. I use all the same brand covers the same day, etc. (I use my two peach green covers one day, two of my grovia covers the next, and I grumble the day I use my third grovia cover AND my one thirsties duo cover). Realistically, a stash of all AIO might be out of the price range, but it is a dream list...

Since this is my dream list, I would love an Obimama WCMT....but THAT'S never going to happen! I would probably like a thinner WCMT style carrier, kind of a cross between wrapping and a SSC. I will probably end up sewing my own, because I can't seem to find what I want online. It's going to be a custom designed WCMT with a ring waist. I will probably use cotton gauze, as LO is a featherweight. I hear it can get quite diggy with a heavier baby, but my LO is a light little thing and it gets really hot here. Wish I could help on recommending an item, but that is my plan. I actually plan to make that one in the next few weeks...possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->