Your experiences with Victoria Slinglady please :)

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Last time around I used a soft structured carrier with LO that I was given, and discovered wraps too late to try.
This time around I am def. buying a stretchy wrap. I love the idea and look of Moby wraps and when I've asked around before many of you have mentioned Victoria Slinglady as a cheaper alternative.

So, have you bought from her? Are the wraps good?

There is a stretchy wrap for £19 (and I'm aware of the stretch-out-of-shape issue with these after a while) or a hybrid wrap which is not as stretchy for £20 and is called a Smith Wrap.

Any opinions/experiences/recommendations really appreciated!

Will be purchasing in the next week or so and this is my last baby purchase ready for LO :happydance:

:hi:

I've not personally bought from VSL but my friend has and she loves her stretch wrap. It's very easy to use, seems to support the baby very well and isn't that much different to mine which I bought for twice the price.

I would say it's a good starter wrap. I've been using a stretchy and the occasional mei tai since Anabelle was born but am now ready to invest in a woven.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Kirsty x

I use a vsl stretchy and I get on well with it! I've borrowed a moby whilst I wash mine and there's a definate difference in thickness of fabric, after a few hours I will find the my lo has slid down a bit in my vsl and it needs tightening but it a comfy sling :)

I agree with Kirsty, its a good starter wrap. Iv tried a smithfirm wrap from VSL and it doesn't compare at all to my proper woven wrap.

I haven't got any stretchy wraps from VSL, as my first wrap was a 'proper' Moby.

However I have 3 from VSL of the woven wraps and love them. I've never had any problem with wraps slipping, that may be because I don't use stretchy ones and do a reef knot to tie it.

Thanks all!
I think I'll go ahead and buy then. I'm thinking of a stretchy while LO is up to 3m then moving on either to soft structured carrier or a woven depending on how I'm getting on with the tying.
Thanks all for your help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->