Your first movement descriptions please :D

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
I am still not sure if I'm feeling baby or not! I'm 21 weeks now and am still confused...I keep getting this feeling in my lower abdomen that feels almost like it's expanding a little, then it goes away...like someone's blowing a balloon up in there and then letting the air escape...almost like a pressure?

The problem is it's similar to the feeling of gas moving around :blush: except it's not painful like gas pains and I don't...you know..."let one loose" afterwards. It's also always in the same spot, or close to the same spot.

Could *that* be baby? It's such a far cry from all those flutters I hear about...

I guess it can easily be mistaken for gas moving around as you say :) i feel him move around quite low and only when i'm sitting still or lying in bed, not sure how to describe it, you probably felt him move already, just need to recognise it;)

I'm only 18 weeks yet but pretty sure I've been feeling baby for a few weeks already. Although like you still a bit unsure :haha:

Mine feels like little bubble pops or tickles from the inside. Feeling it more and more now so think it is Bean :thumbup:

x

thanks ladies, anyone else care to contribute :haha:

Giggle yes I think that could be your baby. I had that feeling with my first baby. It felt like she was pushing with her feet rather than kicking. She did that as she got bigger too.

sometimes for sure it's a little kick, other times like some weird muscle spasm and the od time like you described pretty much like something pushing on my inside tummy

only felt it since 18 weeks

the best way I can explain it is like a little muscle twinge at first...I know it took me by surpirse, and I was like, oh hello! also, I sleep on my tummy and could often feel her wriggling around as I was dropping off :)

I have an anterior placenta so haven't felt much until this week (week 21). No flutters (i guess they're just too light for me to register), but when the baby kicks hard, although i'm cushioned, it feels similar to pushing your tongue against your inner cheek. When she's turning fast, it feels like butterflies, or when you drive over a speed hump too fast, just a little lower down. I'm still looking forward to being aware when receiving a big hard kick that goes through my abdomen and can be felt on the outside though! i have seen my belly moving and not felt the kick due to my anterior placenta - thought it was a trick of the eye at first, but its definitely happening!

I think I've felt her a few times... it feels like fizzy bubbles and I wait for gas to pass but then it doesn't so I'm guessing it's her.

Thanks everyone! I guess since it wasn't until the past couple weeks that this feeling I'm getting has been happening (and frequently) I can probably safely assume it's my Bun! How exciting! I just hope I can catch him moving on an ultrasound to verify...

i am nearly 26 and started feeling him when i was about 24 and i would say it feels more like exploding inside me or tickling.. and it used to be when i was getting ready for bed. now i have started feeling kicks (great feeling)

I've been feeling mine for about 2 weeks.
Started off as gas-like bubbles or ripples which then quickly progressed onto full on jabs (usually when I lay on my stomach at night).
I now feel it move/turn over, which feels exactly as you described- like my uterus slowly expands or feels like a large bubble( usually before you pass wind) and then immediately afterwards I feel a little kick.
Hopefully soon my OH will feel them from the outside, since he always seems to be at work when it happens!

I am still not sure if I'm feeling baby or not! I'm 21 weeks now and am still confused...I keep getting this feeling in my lower abdomen that feels almost like it's expanding a little, then it goes away...like someone's blowing a balloon up in there and then letting the air escape...almost like a pressure?

The problem is it's similar to the feeling of gas moving around :blush: except it's not painful like gas pains and I don't...you know..."let one loose" afterwards. It's also always in the same spot, or close to the same spot.

Could *that* be baby? It's such a far cry from all those flutters I hear about...

that's how it felt for me! at first it was like tiny gas bubbles then it was like one big bubble moving slowly. now she thumps around all of the time, there's no mistaking it.

that's how it felt for me! at first it was like tiny gas bubbles then it was like one big bubble moving slowly. now she thumps around all of the time, there's no mistaking it.

Yes! exactly! i started before with quick little "bubbles" but those are gone and now replaced with that big one you described. So weird feeling...

The first movements around 14-15 weeks were like little tickles. Around 19 weeks, they were like what you describe. It felt like a little pressure, but it made me nauseous while it was happening; kind of like dropping on a roller coaster.

Now I feel lots of movement and strong kicks and that same pressure and nausea I felt early on I can identify as Harper rolling around, just stronger now.

The best way i would describe it is ......do you ever get a random spasm/twitch in your body sometimes. Well its like that but in your belly but the spasms will get more reeguarly...becoming less random! :flower:

This is such a cute thread! I love the descriptions.

Here's mine: at week 14 - 15 ish it felt like tiny little 'tapping' from the inside, then like little nudges as if Bean was saying 'hey! I'm here!' I described it to my sister like this: do you remember buying a new goldfish as a kid? The way the gently butt the side of the bag? Well it felt like I was the bag and Bean was the fish!

Lately (20weeks) I've had full on wallops, sometimes in what feels like my bladder and kicks that I can see from the outside! There's no mistaking these for gas! Know what you mean though Gigglebox, they can feel like big gas bubbles, especially when he/she (find out tomorrow!) turns over! I love it, it's so sweet knowing Bean's exercising and wiggling about in there!

Thanks for all making me smile with your descriptions x

Here's mine: at week 14 - 15 ish it felt like tiny little 'tapping' from the inside, then like little nudges as if Bean was saying 'hey! I'm here!'

Clara cluck you've just described what I felt!!
When I got in the bath earlier I felt a light flick quite far down from the inside, it made me stop and wonder if it was the baby already?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->