your first xmas memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
this is mine-
I was about 4 years old (the age taylor will be, so weird!), and on xmas eve i spent all day making santa some plaster of paris stars and moons necklace??? :wacko:
and feeling so excited i thought i was gunna burst!!:happydance:
and on xmas morning me my sister and brother ran through to my mum and dads bedroom.:cloud9:
My mum tucked us into her bed while dad went down to see if father xmas had been and put fire and kettle on, and he shouted "hes been!!".
We all ran downstairs but my dad made us sit at the breakfast bar in the kitchen and put a bowl of rice krispies in front of us (so cruel!!).
I felt so sick with excitment i couldnt eat it! :sick:

They opened the livingroom door and the room was filled with sooooo many present, and i got a kitchen with a big bow on it! seemed huge at the time!
i can still remember most my presents!:happydance:
and santa left me a note on a gift tag thanking me for his prezzie! lol
the only other memory i have of that day is my dad wearing a white silk shirt :wacko:laid on couch watching tv ( 90's fashion!!! :rofl:)

whats yours?!

We lived a few states away and I was about the same age, 4. My grandparents came and visited us and they brought me all kinds of goodies like a big Barbie house. It was nice because we all still lived together. After we were older my brother and sister moved in with their dad. Me and my sister had our hair all feathered and fixed in traditional early 90s tradition and got matching red velvet dresses :) We looked ridiculous:dohh:

My first memory of christmas is just so messed up!! LOL!!

I think I was 4... or 5... My parents used to go to all of their friends houses to give presents for their children, and before midnight (in Ecuador we celebrate it at midnight and have a big dinner) we would go to one of my grandma´s place. So, as we were going to visit my best friend´s place (our parents are best buddies), my dad said "look, santa´s flying over here!!" I looked up, and there was a red light shinning! I got super excited! I thought it was Rudolph! (later I found out it was an helicopter). So, later, after big dinner and we went to our place, my mom made her super fake and super excited voice " GIIIIIIIRLSSSS LOOK SANTA HAS BEEN HERE!!!!!!!", so as we ran to the christmas tree, I realized the paper "santa" would wrap his presents was the same my parents used for all gifts. And the card that said "from santa to Paola" had exactly the same handwriting as my mom´s. Then it all came to my mind when I opened the presents: The doll my sis asked santa, santa gave it to me and backwards.. and then I thought... I saw these dolls in my mom´s wardrobe!!!!!!!

I faked until I was 18 that I belived in santa. That year (2002) my mom said nervously "errr..... sweetie, sorry, santa doesnt exist" and my reply was "i know. Since 1988". We all laughed after I told them how my sis and I figured it out! but hey, I got extra presents until that year! :D

my earliest i was probably 5 and i got a beautiful little toy bassinet for my baby dolls. i loved that thing!

I think I was 4... or 5... My parents used to go to all of their friends houses to give presents for their children, and before midnight (in Ecuador we celebrate it at midnight and have a big dinner) we would go to one of my grandma´s place. So, as we were going to visit my best friend´s place (our parents are best buddies), my dad said "look, santa´s flying over here!!" I looked up, and there was a red light shinning! I got super excited! I thought it was Rudolph! (later I found out it was an helicopter). So, later, after big dinner and we went to our place, my mom made her super fake and super excited voice " GIIIIIIIRLSSSS LOOK SANTA HAS BEEN HERE!!!!!!!", so as we ran to the christmas tree, I realized the paper "santa" would wrap his presents was the same my parents used for all gifts. And the card that said "from santa to Paola" had exactly the same handwriting as my mom´s. Then it all came to my mind when I opened the presents: The doll my sis asked santa, santa gave it to me and backwards.. and then I thought... I saw these dolls in my mom´s wardrobe!!!!!!!

I faked until I was 18 that I belived in santa. That year (2002) my mom said nervously "errr..... sweetie, sorry, santa doesnt exist" and my reply was "i know. Since 1988". We all laughed after I told them how my sis and I figured it out! but hey, I got extra presents until that year! :D

wow you did well to fake till you were 18 lol
dont think i could :rofl:

I rember the snow and crying cos santa may be cold I made my mum put the heating on lol

wow you did well to fake till you were 18 lol
dont think i could :rofl:

LOL, I was an evil teen!!! everytime it was christmas seasson, My sis and I would tell my mom in super excited voices "MOM, TAKE US TO THE TOYS STORE!!!, we want to tell you what we want santa to give us" and once she was getting nervous, we would tell mom in a naive voice "mom, didnt we behave this year?" :rofl: and you know, the kind of things we asked while we were getting bigger were stuff like nintendo game cube (sooo 90s)... last year (I was 26) mom gave me one present that said from santa and she as usual said something sarcastic. I have the coolest mom ever :dance:

i think i must've been about 5 or 6 (this is a major memory for me!)

every year on christmas eve i would either be really sick during the night or wet the bed from excitement!!!!!

one year i was sick in the bed so i went downstairs in the early hours of the morning to find my gran and dad wheeling in my brand new pink bike with a huge pink bow on it :cry:
was so cute!!! it really sticks out in my mind.

My first memory of Christmas is being about 5, and getting up with my sister at 3am and ripping the corners on the presents to see what we had got, not being satisfied with ripping ours, we ripped everyone else's too, to see what they got :rofl: patient has obviously always been something I am good at :dohh::haha:

The following year I waited up for Santa, I made my sister swap so I was on the top bunk and our bed was right by the door which was a folding one so big gaps in the top and I actually managed to stay awake and caught my parents :cry:

i never stayed up for santa! my parents drilled it into me so hard about santa i suppose it kinda scared me to put a toe out of line lol

I used to open pressies early and hide them again hehe. Me and my sister used to love making plaster of paris things! x

I was about 3 or 4! And it was sitting on my living room floor (wearing a pink Aurora dress-up dress thing!) & opening my glow in the dark minnie mouse pyjamas & my wooden bus! :lol: & walking into the kitchen to find lots of sweeties & glitter!

My first memories of Christmas was going down to my parents friends house which they did since I was born and carried on until I was about 11. I must have been about 6 that year and the hill down to their house in very steep and it was a 'white Christmas'!

Mum wrapped me up in a huge coat of my dads and put scarf and gloves etc on and my groovy pink glitter wellies which I loved and got me on the sledge dad was at the front and mum was at the back they'd added an extra piece of rope to the back so she could hold on and people we saw on the way down though it was cute just this huge coat and a head!

Toy wise for memories was a D.I.Y farm that my dad had been making for months, he'd got all the materials from work and started adding to the collection for months. They'd wrapped the dinning table up in wrapping paper with the farm set up ;). I played with it for the years that came and still have some of the animals and tractors.

Best one has to be though when I was about 9 and I'd gone to bed on Eve and I was woke up with my mum and dad having a mini argument. Stressing about where to put the presents under/around the tree! Ace when I tell them sometimes they joke about it! Hope I don't get like that!

Oh and when i got older finding the presents in my parents room and if they were wrapped shaking them to see what they were ;) bet EVERYONE has done that at one point ;)

ooohhh god yer! everyones done that!!
thats is soooo cute about you and your family!!

** I remember my dad would never let us go down stairs until he had a brew and cig lol.

** When I was about 5 I got a playmobile house it was gorgeous and we still have it in the attic which I will give to my kids (It was about £100 at the time which was quite a lot of money so my mum refuses to throw it) My dad and uncles spent hours building it.

** When I was 8 my mum said I had written a letter to santa saying all I wanted for christmas was my 'daddy' back and it broke her heart :cry: (he passed away 2 days after my 8th birthday).

I remember convincing myself that santa would leave a pony under the tree for me only to find on xmas day that I'd got a kitchen instead *cue diva tantrum* :haha:

** I remember my dad would never let us go down stairs until he had a brew and cig lol.

** When I was about 5 I got a playmobile house it was gorgeous and we still have it in the attic which I will give to my kids (It was about £100 at the time which was quite a lot of money so my mum refuses to throw it) My dad and uncles spent hours building it.

** When I was 8 my mum said I had written a letter to santa saying all I wanted for christmas was my 'daddy' back and it broke her heart :cry: (he passed away 2 days after my 8th birthday).

awww:cry: i just filled up reading this!
thats awful! im sorry hun! :hugs:

One of my first memories was the year I spilled milk that I had left out for Santa and getting so upset because I thought I would get in big trouble over it. Another one is the year I got my barbie play house I was so excited!

awww i remember getting a barbie play house!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"