Your LOs Sleep Pattern?

Louisa K

Reaction score
Hi Ladies..

Louis is in his own room and in his cot now.. He was sleeping with us because he hated his moses, but I started him in his cot about 2 weeks ago and he has been sleeping much much better now, I think we were disturbing each others sleep..

He seems to start off really well, he'll have a bottle and go to bed at about 7pm, then he usually doesn't wake up until about 12am, then he'll have a bottle and go straight back to sleep, he usually wakes up again at about 4am, again he'll have a bottle and go back to sleep without any trouble at all..

But, he ALWAYS wakes up again at about 5am, then AGAIN at about 6am and then he's VERY awake at about 7am..

I thought it might be the sun coming up, so I brought a black out blind..

But nope, he still has this odd thing of waking up hourly as it gets closer to the morning..

I dont get it??

Any ideas??

I would be interested to know how your LOs sleep patterns are as well :)

summer is abit older than louis but her pattern is she has last last bottle about 10ish in which she has usually has short nap before then will sleep through to between 7am-9am sometimes she wakes up at 6 so i just just bring her into bed with me (as she is in her cot) and we go back to sleep for a few hours i love her routine. i think summer would prob do the same is she went to bed that early its prob wrong on my behalf that she doesnt properly go to bed until 10ish but that way we both get a full nights sleep. you could either carry on with your routine and you will prob find as he gets older that he will start waking up less in morns or maybe keep him awake for abit after his 7 feed then feed him and put him to bed at 10 and he will prob sleep longer.. i dont kno?

i would say start him of going to sleep a little later then maybe he wont be as bad early in the morning, mine goes to sleep at about 11pm then sleeps for about 4 hours then i feed and change him and he only had another 2 or 3 hours sleep so mine doesnt sleep very much but he does have little naps in the day xx

summer is abit older than louis but her pattern is she has last last bottle about 10ish in which she has usually has short nap before then will sleep through to between 7am-9am sometimes she wakes up at 6 so i just just bring her into bed with me (as she is in her cot) and we go back to sleep for a few hours i love her routine. i think summer would prob do the same is she went to bed that early its prob wrong on my behalf that she doesnt properly go to bed until 10ish but that way we both get a full nights sleep. you could either carry on with your routine and you will prob find as he gets older that he will start waking up less in morns or maybe keep him awake for abit after his 7 feed then feed him and put him to bed at 10 and he will prob sleep longer.. i dont kno?

wow im loving summers routine too... i really wish louis would do the same..

I'll have to try putting him to bed a bit later and see how it goes..

i would say start him of going to sleep a little later then maybe he wont be as bad early in the morning, mine goes to sleep at about 11pm then sleeps for about 4 hours then i feed and change him and he only had another 2 or 3 hours sleep so mine doesnt sleep very much but he does have little naps in the day xx

Yeah i'll give it a go tonight.. :)

Oh Coz i keep meaning to ask how charlie's colic is now??

Bed @ 10
Feed @ 4
Feed@7
Wake @ 10

Sometimes after seven he can wake hourly for a 5 minute feed.

Yeah i'll give it a go tonight.. :)

Oh Coz i keep meaning to ask how charlie's colic is now??

he still seems the same but its never usually in the evening its allways in the day so at least its not during the night , it is annoying when he crys alot but if i pick him up and rock him he will tend to calm down but then i cant get much done when i have to keep calming him down lol and he still wakes up at about 6am and seems to be in pain for about an hour , im hoping hel start growing out of it soon xxxx

Kira still wakes up some times about 4 or 5 but that is for her dummy she doesn't have a feed though, does he have a dummy?

I would definately try puting him down at around 10pm. At 2 months kyle was sleeping at 10pm to 5pm, had a feed and straight back to sleep till 9am. Now he goes down at 7pm..I dream feed him 2oz at 10-11pm and he sleeps through to 7 in the morning in his own room x

bed @ 7-8pm
wake 6-7am
nap 8-9am
nap 10-11am for 2-4hrs
another nap at 4ish

I just wanted to say I don't know if going to bed later will do anything, because when I put Noah to sleep later, he wakes more often. Louis sounds like Noah was when he wasn't sleeping thru. He would always wake up at 2aM OR 3AM then always up at 5:30, or more often if he went to bed later. The latest he has ever slept was 7:30am

It used to be last bottle approx 11pm then sleep in his bouncer & a dream feed at 12.30-1am then bed - wake at 5.30/6.00 for bottle then sleep till 7.30ish, but the other night he went to sleep after his bottle at 9pm & I tried to feed him at 11pm but he wouldn't take any, so I put him to bed & he slept until 6am, so I tried him again last night with his last bottle at 9pm & he slept til 4.30am which was hard as just getting used to him not waking til 6ish & he wouldn't go b ack into his moses so ended up in bed with me until 7.40 (which I am surprised at as he never usually settles on my bed so he has never done that before, but hubby is away & there was plenty of room:rofl: So tonight he went up at 10pm & will wait & see how long he sleeps tonight, but basically I think I was disturbing him more by keeping him down for a dream feed:dohh:

Colton is usually in bed between 8pm and 10pm.. whenever he gets tired. Usually wakes at 6-7am and then wakes for 2-3 hours, sleeps for an hour, etc etc throughout the day.
When he coslept with me he was up at 4am every day, no matter what time he went to bed; would have a bottle and then be up for the day about 5.30-6am..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->