Your opinions--Best form of contraception postpartum??

bjb

Reaction score
I am only just under 3 weeks pp but have begun to think about my birth control options moving forward--really want to be smart this time as this LO was quite the surprise! :dohh: I do plan to talk to my doc about it at my 6 wk check up but would also like some personal opinions as I know there are many side effects to consider. I am breastfeeding and plan to continue for at least 6mo before weaning; I know this affects fertility, tho is not 100%. Also, not sure which options are out due to hormonal changes affecting my milk.

Any opinions/experiences would be great! :shrug:

I'm thinking about the progesterone birth control pill.

I've decided to do the natural method (rhythm or whatever it is called) Not sure what your cycles are like since you are bfing. I am going to use ovulation sticks after my period and then not use them once I ovulate. If I am anywhat near ovulation time we will use the pull out method. It's a pain in the butt but I dont' want to go back on the pill!

I went with the Mirena IUD. I'm on week 3 and so far no real complaints. LOVE not having to worry about BC and LOVE that I don't even know its there!

I am also about 3 weeks pp and at my 6 week check I'm getting the para guard IUD put in, like dukes angel said, it will be great not having to even think or worry about it! I'm getting para guard because I don't want hormones, it's just copper, so that's another thing for you to consider.

I thought about this alot in the third tri- I kept having vivid dreams with 2 babies in them. I think I will go with the progesterone only pill.

I will be getting the NuvaRing at my 6 week check up....Im not BF so its ok to have hormonal contraception but the pill never agreed with me so Im hoping the fact its lower dose than the pill will make a difference! Will try it for 3 months & see how we go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->