Your Pets Names

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
What are your pets names and any reason they have that name??
Mine are:
BP - long story with this one, and please don't judge but BP stands for Big Pooer. When we first got her as a little kitten, before we had named her, she did the most humungous poos you've ever seen from such a small creature. We joked we should call her big pooer, then thought 'BP' for short. BP just caught on and that it stayed. Her nicknames are Beeps, Beepsie or Beepster.

Belle - no real reason for her name, we just liked it. Her nickname is Bellie.

Lucy - no real reason again. We adopted her when she was pregnant after her owner didn't want the problem of kittens. Her original name was Loompa, so we wanted an L name for her. Her nickname is Luce.

Silver - she is Lucys kitten. She is a silver tabby, hence her name! Her nickname is Sylvie.

Share yours! :flower:

We have:

Roxy- DH named her and he just liked the name. Since naming her we have realized it is a VERY popular dog name and have met several other 'roxys' at the dog park. :dohh:

Diesel- DH is a mechanic and loves Diesel engines. :haha: I named him but I knew DH would love the name too.

And our goldfish named Shamu- Because he's a goldfish and Shamu is the whale so it's funny. We have sea world in my town and "shamu" is there. Even though the real shamu died years ago. Anyways when he comes out to perform everyone in the crowd does this stupid arm waving thing with their hands and chant "shamu, shamu"....So DH and I do it towards the fish tank and end up in a fits of giggles. :rofl:

Cat:
Jay- When we got him (he was a stray) we somehow thought he was a she.... :blush: so he was Juliet, then he became a boy and we shortened it to Jay.

Dogs:
Faith- We were going through a ROUGH situation with our youngest DD, we needed spiritual "Faith" and it just wasnt happening for us. When we got Faith, her name was Faith but i didnt know until I was getting her into the car and the lady called her Faith. It was perfect and she did bring us Faith.

Hope- Her name was Daisy when we got her, but still going through the situation with our daughter, we had faith but no Hope. We did not believe the situation would end well, ever end, or work out. We needed spiritual "hope" and it just wasnt there. Hope however showed us otherwise.

Elvin- His name was Maverick when we got him. We wanted something to go with Faith. Hope but nothing fit right- Justice, Freedom, etc... So DD1 somehow randomly came up with Elvin and we have no idea where or how. However, Elvin, despite not having a "themed name" brought us something as well... Laughter and Joy. He is the GOOFIEST dog ever!

We even have a saying:
Without Faith, there is no Hope but you always need a bit of Elvin.

(silly i know, but it is and was SO true)

Hi,
Ive got an Amy. When we got her i didnt want a typical dog name for her plus it needed to be something easy for ds2 to say (18mths at the time) but i call her baby girl, ds1 & 2 call her mad mainy & my dad calls her shetland (as in pony) :)
Also got Rocky. I hate the name its a typical rotty name but when we adopted him at 10 months & he came with it but he gets called either rock or doc ock :)
Ive also got 2 adopted cockatiels, no idea of their ages or sex but they have been named by ds1 & 2 as Gizmo & Stripe :)

sarah

My dachshund's name is Annie. I named her Annie because she's red and well...was an orphan. :lol:

I have 3 cats 'Bandit', 'Fluffy' and 'Smokey'

Bandit originally came with his brother 'Buford' but sadly Buford died of lukemia. Then OH adoped 'Fluffy' from RSPCA. We kind of intended to give him a more manly name but 'Fluffy' stuck. Smokey was our last edition and OH named her to match Bandit.

We have two adopted golden retrievers.

To understand where they got their names you have to hear the background story. My parents have always had golden retrievers, they got their first four months before I was born. Their first golden's mother's name was Brandy. My father (being fond of alcohol :haha:) decided to continue the tradition and named their first golden Whiskey. Since then they've had Rum, Bourbon and now they have Scotch.

When we decided to rescue a golden we thought we'd continue the tradition...but DH and I don't drink liquor so DH thought it would be good to name them after beer. So our first golden is named Pilsner and our second (who we just adopted last week!) is named Pint :haha:

Here's a picture, Pilsner (who is 3.5 now) is on the left and Pint (who is 10) is on the right :thumbup:

IMG_0586.JPG

My cat is called Kat :lol: She was a stray and the RSPCA named her Baby :wacko:??? When we got her she never responded to that name...(hardly surprising :lol:) My eldest was 19months old when we got her and he always used to shout Cat at her and she would go to him and so that's how she kind of got her name really!! Strange I know ha!

My rabbit is called Basil :)

I did just have one Rottie dog called Tia. Shes just had puppies so now theres Tia +

Chanel - R.I.P gorgeous <3
Valentina- R.I.P sweetheart <3
Yasmin
Poppy
Daisy
Tilly
Hope - R.I.P baby <3
Tessie
Dotty

Armani
Dolche
Buzz
Arbez(Zebra backwards)
Dylan
Markie

Rhu - 3 year old Toller
Muck- 8 months old border collie

Hero - one of my horses who's out on loan.
Annie - one of my horses who's not long back off loan

We have two adopted golden retrievers.

To understand where they got their names you have to hear the background story. My parents have always had golden retrievers, they got their first four months before I was born. Their first golden's mother's name was Brandy. My father (being fond of alcohol :haha:) decided to continue the tradition and named their first golden Whiskey. Since then they've had Rum, Bourbon and now they have Scotch.

When we decided to rescue a golden we thought we'd continue the tradition...but DH and I don't drink liquor so DH thought it would be good to name them after beer. So our first golden is named Pilsner and our second (who we just adopted last week!) is named Pint :haha:

Here's a picture, Pilsner (who is 3.5 now) is on the left and Pint (who is 10) is on the right :thumbup:

View attachment 113303

Haha those are good name stories. I love names with a story behind them. They are gorgeous looking dogs. OH's family have always had retrievers, their old dog was called Raphs after OH's favourite ninja turtle character Raphael. Their current is called Denver after Denver the Last Dinosaur cartoon.

We have 2 cats called Mia & Gypsy, I originally wanted a ginger cat and to call it gypsy, but instead ended up with 2 black cats, I stuck with Gypsy for 1 then the other, well Mia just suits her down to the ground, she is very small and sweet

Dont laugh but I have a dog called colin. I have 2 actually, one called poppy and the other colin. I also have 3 gerbils called dotty, margaret and barbara.

Poppy- Female Staffy Cross
Colin - American Bull Dog Cross Mastiff

I let my OH chose the gerbils names lol
:happydance:

Colin is a great name for a dog! We live in a flat & we're not allowed big pets so I have a hamster. My current one is called Molly - I adopted her from a friend who couldn't keep her any longer - I probably wouldn't have chosen it but it does suit her - she's quite a petite girly hamster compared to my first one. He was called Hob - short for Hobgoblin - which is my DH's favourite beer - I chose it when I was trying to persuade him to let me have a pet & it seemed to work! He ended up being called all sorts of things, Hoblet, Hobsy, Hobby-bobby. I miss him - feel guilty I don't feel quite the same way about Molly :nope:

We've got three dogs

Princess, a jack russle, named Princess because the mate I got her from just called her puppy. So wanted something else that started with P

Tash, a collie cross, got her from the rspca and she was already named.

Scamp, a Chihuahua poodle cross, name just suits him so so much! lol

Used to have a black lab called Rubeun, omg he was gorgeous. Lived till he was 15! Got him from the vets when he was 5ish, he's been bought in, in a state. Was very skinny, badly beaten, had is ears cut. Was so afraid of humans. My mum worked there so she took him home 'for the night' lol. When I was 15 I moved out and took Ruby with me. He stayed with me until he needed round the clock care, my mum took him then as she didn't work and she spent every day with him until the end. I've still got his ashes as I'm not ready to let go of him yet :cry:
The pic is of him.
The dogs in my siggy are my babies now.
xx

Attachments

• ruby.jpg
    ruby.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
my kittens name is Trouble because no matter what he is doing he always finds a way to get him self into trouble or does something totally crazy lol

Dont laugh but I have a dog called colin. I have 2 actually, one called poppy and the other colin. I also have 3 gerbils called dotty, margaret and barbara.

Poppy- Female Staffy Cross
Colin - American Bull Dog Cross Mastiff

I let my OH chose the gerbils names lol
:happydance:

I love the name colin. I want my next dog called Alf, Bert or something lol

My dogs are charlie (female) and sasha...

My oscar fish are Dash and Violet x

this is Princess Penelope Pug . :)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs408.snc4/47148_438765727093_510612093_5183996_4592301_n.jpg

Penelope has a REALLY long tongue! I can touch my nose with my tongue too! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->