Your Pets Names

We have a cat named Boo. We named her that because when she was a kitten we had an open staircase and she would hide on a step and then keep popping her head up. She is so cute :lol:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs209.ash2/47270_461869546418_509531418_6395709_3210873_n.jpg
Sorry its so huge :lol:

we have a rottie called Bella, i have 2 hamsters called hammy and Babysham - hammy is babyshams dad, babyshams mum was spammy but they kept having babies so i had to get rid of the females :(

Hey :hi:

We have 2 cats Bob and Smudge:

Smudge - we couldnt tell if he was male or female so DH thought Smudge would work both ways - doesn't have a nickname

Bob - same with Smudge with the fact that we couldn't tell yet if he was male or female but I thought he looked like a Bob and luckily he was male lol - often gets called 'bobbity bob' don't ask why it just happened.

Our cats are named Tuxedo, Rosco, and Vela. My little guy I just lost was named Spyro.

Our cat's called Pangur
we found it in a poem book, the poem was called Pangurban and it was written by a monk (or something or other like that) ages and ages ago about his pet cat!
Then we discovered that Pangur is gaelic for Kitty and well... it suits him very well!

and here's the poem;

Pangur Ban

I and Pangur Ban, my cat,
'Tis a like task we are at;
Hunting mice is his delight,
Hunting words I sit all night.

Better far than praise of men
'Tis to sit with book and pen;
Pangur bears me no ill will;
He, too, plies his simple skill.

'Tis a merry thing to see
At our task how glad are we,
When at home we sit and find
Entertainment to our mind.

Oftentimes a mouse will stray
Into the hero Pangur's way;
Oftentimes my keen thought set
Takes a meaning in its net.

'Gainst the wall he sets his eye
Full and fierce and sharp and sly;
'Gainst the wall of knowledge I
All my little wisdom try.

When a mouse darts from its den.
O how glad is Pangur then!
O what gladness do I prove
When I solve the doubts I love!

So in peace our tasks we ply,
Pangur Ban, my cat and I;
In our arts we find our bliss,
I have mine, and he has his.

Practice every day has made
Pangur perfect in his trade ;
I get wisdom day and night,
Turning Darkness into light.'

We've got two cats and one kitten O:)

The eldest is Daisy, our tabby.
We wanted a 'real' name not anything like socks or wiggles, fluffy etc. I think because we had been trying to conceive for a long time and she was replacing our baby we didn't have lol
Nickname: Daisy Waisy lol

The second we got as a mate for Daisy cos we were out most of the day and felt bad for her.
The second we named Lola, but then 'she' turned out to be a 'he' so I let OH name him. . . Heman :haha:
Heman is a black and white long haired domestic.
Nickname: The Hemonster.

Our 'baby' is named Mimi, our bengal.
We were lookiing up 'baby' in different languages and one language (can't remeber which :blush: ) was something like 'Mimmino' O:)
Nickname: The baby.

It won't let me upload my pics. . . :(

:flow: x x x x x

I have two cats.
Tamland- she's the oldest (2 years). Her name is Tamland after Brick Tamland from Anchorman. There's a scene in the movie where Brick says "I love lamp." Well when we were bringing her home from the shelter the look on her face was "I love lap" so she became Tamland.
Tiger- she's 1. She has tiger stripes. We found her and her sister at my hubby's work as very young kittens (just about 6 weeks) and brought them home. Her sister is living with my hubby's grandfather.

I have a kitty named Gina :) She is really pretty with medium length grey hair, and best surprise ever?? She does not shed :wacko:... even if I pet her with wet hands, none of her fur ends up on my hands, it's a miracle.

I didn't name her, I adopted her when she was 4 months old and that's what she had been called since she was little, and she knew her name, came to it, etc... so I didn't change it or anything. Though I think she looks like a Daphne lol

We have a chihuahua/cairn terrier cross called Tegan :) She was called Tia when we got her at 6 months, but my friend had just called her baby Tia, so we wanted something that sounded similar! Plus I like the band Tegan and Sara, lol.

https://i56.tinypic.com/9a8qqc.jpg

And we're getting this puppy in 2 weeks, but havnt names him yet!!

https://i53.tinypic.com/2vx0ns9.jpg

These and past and present cats of mine:

Pepsi
Sherry
Malibu
Bacardi
Smirnoff
Gin (current)
Tonic
Stella (current)
Asti (current)

I dont think i need to explain the names....lol im not an alcoholic!

I have a Collie dog called Thaila (pr. Ty Laa) and a Ragdoll cat called Phoenix-Bob (Or Nixie-Bob, Nixie, Nix, Nicnac, Bob, Bobo, Bobolicious) In fact our cat is never called by his official name :rofl:

Polly- Doggie (she lives with my grandparents across the road from me though).

Morrissey - Degu.
Miyavi - Also a degu.

Fanny and Phlegm - my fishies.

And until recently I had two gerbils called Maisy and Doris - RIP girlies.

Heyy!
I have a 6 month old Rottweiler puppy called Amber :)

Here's a photo :)
This was taken a month ago i think so she a wee bit bigger now :)

Attachments

• aber5.jpg
    aber5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
Oh my OH called her amber cuz of her light colourings that a rottie haS :)

Cats:

Charlie - Cause when I brought him home OH said he looked like his cousin charlie. More often he is called Char-char, which sounded like a pokemon character to me, and so it turned into charmander :)

Lola - cause there is a kids show called Charlie and Lola and, well, I wasn't feeling very creative :p

Hammie - so named because I got her at 2 weeks old as a foster kitten. Her ears weren't up yet and her eyes were barely opened. The kids thought she looked like a hamster and I figured we weren't keeping her so they could name her Hammie if they wanted. The little bug ended up staying and now is Hammie, Hamster, and Ham-bone

Dogs:

Carol - I let my husband name the dogs, not my best move ever. Carol is named after Carroll Shelby of car racing fame.

Sally - Sally is named after a famous blues song "Mustang Sally" (yes, there is a car theme)

Kira - Okay, he didn't name this one. We took her in a few months ago when her very elderly owner had to go into hospice care. She's 12.5yrs old and I wasn't going to try to change her name at this point!

Horses:

M.T. - Short for M.T. My Wallet. It's not his official name but it seemed fitting. He's my old man horsey, I've had him for 19 years now and love him like crazy. He's most often referred to as "M"

Decaf - Since M.T. is retired Decaf is my current riding horse. When picking out names for her people kept suggesting coffee drinks (she's a bay and the brown apparently equaled coffee for people). I can't drink caffeine so I said if I was going to name her something like that it would have to be Decaf, then it stuck :).

Blackberry - That's my daughter's pony and she named him. He's black, and that's all I've ever gotten out of her for why she chose that name. His show name is Captain Carrot (from Terry Pratchett) but he's most often called "B" or Little B.

Awww I love this thread :) I have a thing for names we give loved ones :p

We have had/have:

Dogs:

Chad - Came a;ready named at 8 weeks old and it suited him so kept it : R.I.P <3 my little fighter.

Lucky - Again came named as was an RSPCA rescue and already answered to it -although she is lucky the situations she gets into and comes out unharmed :p - Was 1 on August 8th 2010 :

Rats:
(mostly named for personality)

Boys.

Nibbler - from futurama but also was the daintiest eater :) R.I.P <3
Riffraff - because he caused sooo much trouble when we got him :)
Boris - after Boris Karloff he was a big biter when we got him :) R.I.P <3
Basil - after Basil Fawlty he gets into some silly situations :)
Mr Rattas - came with the name rattatouille but was such a hunky chunky man needed a strong name :)
Indiana - the adventurer of course :)
Malacoda - the demon - he was a terror! R.I.P. <3
Puck - the little imp
Faust - hes easily led
Blob - is exactly like the rat from Phantasmagoria 2 which the OH loves
Mephistopheles - is the spitting image of faust and leads him astry so needed to be mephi :)
Briar - has a prickly side but looks soo sweet and lovely :)

Girls,

Ginerva - came named after her foster mummy was reading harry potter :) Ginny for short :) mother to 4 of our girls R.I.P <3
River - Ginnys daughter
Inara - Ginnys daughter
Saffron - Ginnys daughter
Kaylee - Ginnys daughter
Jayne - loan mis-sexed girl in rescue
Zoe - breeder friends litter who stole my heart
(River through to Zoe all named from Firefly as a favorate show and needed 4 names of similar background for the babies :) )
Arista - A little unexpected present who has an exotic air to her :)

hummm it looks so many when written down :) But until this month the pets were our way of having a family as we didn't think we could :) (also the girls have most our names we'd have given daughters :) :dohh:

I have a Staffy pup called Digger (named by my 4 year old after a dog on tv), a female tabby cat called Fudge (named by my ex after she pood herself on the way home from getting her) and a tabby and white tom cat called Sparky (Fudge's brother - named by me cos the first thing he did when we got him home was chew through a cable...and he didn't stop doing it for months!!)

my cat is called roxy took us 3 days to decide on a name and it was one that the whole family agreed on!lol she is now preg so will have to think of a few more lolxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->