Your pets!

Dill

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a change in the behavior of their pets since becoming pregnant? Two of my critters (the younger dog and elder cat) don't seem to notice anything, but the other two (elder dog and younger cat) seem to realize that something is up. The dog just doesn't want to leave my side! He has always been a "velcro dog," and very in tune with my health, but he is being extra clingy and extra gentle with me, and doesn't want me to leave the house. The cat is doing everything he can to get on my stomach, and usually he demands pets and affection, but he's content to just lie there and purr like crazy.

Yes both mine have...animals are very in tune with the world around them. The reason for their changes is because they can smell the hormone changes in your body because of their higher sense of smell. Some have changes while others dont.

My "velcro dog" is always by my side but he's not usually very cuddly. The last two weeks though, he's fallen asleep on my lap many times, content to rest his head on my belly. I don't know if it may just be a coincidence but this is definitely unusual behaviour for him. As for my rescue hamster (yep, found her underneath a park bench), and my bunny...well, they are their usual selves. :roll:

Yes, definitely Dill. My neediest little girl cat has been on or near me the entire time this last week. She is burrowed into me as I type, I guess she's feeling a little vulnerable :haha:

xx

my 2 dogs are so completely different - my 3 year old collie is very overprotective esp of men without a dog. He wasn't like this first time round but currently have to really keep him under total control.
my 11 year old collie couldn't care less, the only difference I have noticed is that he gets a bit more stressed of L01 gets upset.
Both are sheepdogs so more excitable as they can't work due to risks.

My velcro shepherd is extra velcro as well. I thought it was because I had my FET last week and I was laying around the couch for a couple of days mid-week which he is not used to so he may have been concerned that I was ill. But he's still velcro now!

Yup my dog just watches me constantly. And follows me around. He also has anxiety (has for about 8 years) and he licks his paw. He licks his paw like crazy because he can sense change.

Funny you should say about the pets because this is what happened to me today! My son was off school ill and we were laid on the sofa cuddling and the cats came up individually at different times and laid on my stomach. We have had them for over a year and they have done it once before when tiny kittens! So cute that they can tell!

My kitten started acting weird around 5dpo. She wants to sit on me and be in my face constantly now lol....

I have two furry girls. One left her bed to come sleep next to me and even wants to go to the restroom with me. The other one is kind of offended because I haven't been playing with them as much as usual LOL.

Yes! My cat has been so weird ever since I was in my two week wait.

He's even tried to go on 2 walks with me. My dogs have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->