your pregnancy hair condition!!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Since being pregnant Ive got the worst split ends ever!!!!

Normally I can go about a year without having to have it cut or coloured!!! (my colour isnt that diff to my natural you see)

well had my hair cut and coloured when I was about 15 weeks preg (desperately needed it).... (she didnt really cut enough off though) but STILL.... its desperate again!!!

Going again next week.... really going to go quite drastic and have about 4 inches off.... it really really needs it!!! It will make me cry :cry:

But Im thinking that its going to be a long long time until, i can go out drinking :wine: so its ok!!!

I wear hair extensions anyway hehe!!!! :)

Whats everyone else like?? Ive read some people go the opposite with thicker fuller hair??? :hissy: NOT FAIR!!

I haven't really noticed any changes in my hair.

My hair may be shinier and growing a bit faster, but it seems lifeless, thinner and it is so flyaway! And the greys- oh, the greys! :hissy:

The condition of my hair hasn't really changed much, but I have noticed that it's growing really quickly - which unfortunately means my highlights need touching up quite frequently. :dohh:

Luckily I've got the hairdressers tomorrow afternoon for a cut and colour, if I'd left it much longer I could get mistaken for a multi-coloured yeti :rofl:

Split ends occur because the tips of your hair are banging on your shoulders and back.

They usually recommend that if your hairs starts growing fast (it can in pregnancy) that you have it in your pony tail or risen up so they won't split.

I know how you feel,I've always had long hair and I don't feel like cutting it (I staighten it every day :lol:)...so I might take that into considoration now that I'm pregnant and it's summer so heat is a major issue...:hissy:

Split ends occur because the tips of your hair are banging on your shoulders and back.

They usually recommend that if your hairs starts growing fast (it can in pregnancy) that you have it in your pony tail or risen up so they won't split.

I know how you feel,I've always had long hair and I don't feel like cutting it (I staighten it every day :lol:)...so I might take that into considoration now that I'm pregnant and it's summer so heat is a major issue...:hissy:

But I always do wear it up lol.... much to my mothers disgust :rofl:

And my hair grows quite quick anyway!!! So I feel like its def related!! Just the ends look so thin and yucky!!! oooooh hairdresser please help me :rofl:

I definitely notice that I have more hair. Like Amy, I straighten mine but I have all the new hair at the top of my head that likes to do these curly cues making me look like a frizz ball.

Obtained a better straightener with hot hot heat so it seems to be taming down those curly hairs.

gosh you girls are lucky you have more hair.... I seem to be thinning lol!!!

I've got the worst split ends too and I've not had the energy to straighten it this whole time. I don't blow dry. And I've usually got it in a pony tail loop to keep it off my face in case I vomit. lol

And it's greasy!

I lost alot of hair in the first trimester.Everytime I brushed my hair the brush was full of my hairs.since the second trimester my hair has been great lol really soft and shiny. I used to have to wash my hair everyday but now i can get away with 3 days and it still isnt greasy which is great. My hair is really long and havnt had it cut for a while but hardly any split ends

I lost alot of hair in the first trimester.Everytime I brushed my hair the brush was full of my hairs.since the second trimester my hair has been great lol really soft and shiny. I used to have to wash my hair everyday but now i can get away with 3 days and it still isnt greasy which is great. My hair is really long and havnt had it cut for a while but hardly any split ends

:sick: alright alright.... rub it in :) :rofl:

I dont wash my for 3 days at a time either.... I forget what greasy is :happydance:

Maybe I just need this colour and cut and Ill get my lucious locks back :)

its amazing how different women are during pregnancy and the changes it can make to your body. My nails are great too lol I could never ever grow them before but now they grow so fast and a lovely white colour. Its the plus sides of being pregnant!

yeah my nails are fantastic !?!?! :yipee:

but always had long nails..... soooo :shrug:

oooh all these joys of pregnancy.... just keeps surprising us !!! :)

My hair is super oily and has been falling out all pregnancy...and it was thin/fine to begin with!

It's thick, greasy and wild- quite opposite of my nonpregnant hair. Not looking forward to shedding afterwards. My nails still suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->