"Your still so young"

TheNewMrs

Reaction score
Does that statement make anyone else simply IRATE?!

I am 23 years old, 24 in January. I am happily married to a wonderful man, we have a mortgage free home, and although I am currently not working as much as I'd like to, hubby has a stable job.

We are TTC in secret..

being newlyweds people always ask "so when the babies going to start coming" and when I say "ah were in no rush, we'll see how it goes" they always reply

"Sure your still very young to be having babies".... :growlmad:

HONESTLY, what do you ladies think??

You are lucky, i get the opposite! Im 30 in december and i get "ohhh times running out!" :growlmad:

Its insane!!! I mean how do people actually think they have the right to an opinion on your life?

My friend only started when she was 30 she's 35 now and she had 2 beautiful little girls, and a very handsome little boy!

hahahaha im not the only one then, im 23 in october and been with my partner 7 years and been trying to conceive for 14months now! sooooooooo annyoing when they say that, its like erm yeah I might have many years ahead but i wanna be pregnant now not in10years time grrrrrrrr to doctors lol x

I get the same thing. At work I was talking to a girl and said that in the next coulple years I would really like to have a baby. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "why do you want a baby? Dont you like to party" I am 21, 22 next month. No, I dont like to party. I never have. I am a homebody. I dont like to go out, I prefer to be at home with my husband (when hes home wich is NEVER since he has a new job *sad face*). I am not someone that likes to hang out with friends alot. I would much rather read or watch tv, lol. I really want a baby. I have always just wanted to be a mom, but people still think I am too young. I dont think I am. Some people are ready for kids at my age, and others are not. People say I am going to miss my fun years. Ive had plenty of time to have fun, and to me partying, drinking, and things like that are just not fun at all. I would have more fun playing with my cute baby :)

I dont think you are too young. You are the perfect age to me. I always said I wanted to get married at 21 and have a baby at 23. I did get married at 21 like I wanted, so hopefully I will get my baby when Im 23 (or earlier!)

Hubby and I have been NTNP for awhile now. We say if it happens, it is meant to be, and if it doesnt happen in a couple years we will actually start to TTC.

I hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Im so glad I'm not the only one, like yourself AMERONICA, I got married at 23, not into partying, drinking, all that stuff. I'm pretty well travelled, Hubby will be 30 in December.

I'd love to be a mum, take care of my baby, spend my days & nights caring for a baby and doing family activities than getting P!ssed every weekend...

I have 2 friends who had babies when they were 18, their babies are now 5 so when they say they wanna go again. nobody says anything!!!

Dives me mad!

im 20 and my oh is 23.... so i don't even bother telling people we are ttc because i know exactly what everyone's going to say! when i get pregnant, i will tell them but until then it's our little secret

im 20 and my oh is 23.... so i don't even bother telling people we are ttc because i know exactly what everyone's going to say! when i get pregnant, i will tell them but until then it's our little secret

We're the very same, hubby's friends all have kids and because their wives and girlfriends are around the similar age, nothing is said. But because I am younger they all have an opinion.... :wacko:

Just wait until you do get pregnant and every person under the sun seems to think they can ask WHAT EVER they want.
Accident was it?
Got a bit too drunk one night?
All those parties you see!
Oh well do you have family around you? they will help you loads so you can still go out, it's what grandparents are for these days!

I've never even been clubbing in my life and would never dump my child on anyone as think parents should have sole care.

Just believe me when i say it gets worse!

Just wait until you do get pregnant and every person under the sun seems to think they can ask WHAT EVER they want.
Accident was it?
Got a bit too drunk one night?
All those parties you see!
Oh well do you have family around you? they will help you loads so you can still go out, it's what grandparents are for these days!

I've never even been clubbing in my life and would never dump my child on anyone as think parents should have sole care.

Just believe me when i say it gets worse!

Oh Lord!!!! :dohh:

Yeah I get that too even tho we are both 25 and married and saving for a house and are going to start TTC when we have moved into our own home but for some reason his mum (and others but mostly her) still thinks we are still young and should 'live a little' first but we arnt going to stop living when we have a baby!! I heard the same things a lot when we were planning the wedding too!!

It's so annoying!!

Yeah I get that too even tho we are both 25 and married and saving for a house and are going to start TTC when we have moved into our own home but for some reason his mum (and others but mostly her) still thinks we are still young and should 'live a little' first but we arnt going to stop living when we have a baby!! I heard the same things a lot when we were planning the wedding too!!

It's so annoying!!

Yea we were the same when we were getting married,everyone had an opinion on that.... :(

It's so annoying!!

My parents are opposite. My parents WANT me to have a baby ASAP! I have a big blended family, and my dad only has one grandchild. He said he wants me to have one as soon as possible so he has another baby to play with, lol. My mom isnt the mother of my sister who has the baby (dad was married before my mom, and my mom and dad are also divorced) so my mom doesnt have any grandchildren yet. My husband wasnt sure about kids at one point and then we talked and he said he agreed that we could NTNP and I called my mom and say "so me and brandon are going to have a baby" meaning we were going to eventually, and she thought I was already pregnant and got super excited, lol. I am happy that my parents are supportive though, I would hate them saying I was too young considering I already get plenty of it from other people. We havent told alot of people that we are NTNP because the people we have told havent really given us positive reactions..so like others here we are just going to tell people when we end up pregnant. My husbands mother is totally on board too. She keeps pestering my husband that we better have a baby soon so she has an even number of grandkids, lol.

im in 24 and hate people saing of course your young yet?! especially as right now i feel like thank god i started a year ago as it looks like its guna take a while infact by the time it happens i prob be a age people agree with!!!

hope you all get ur bfp's soon and dont let people put you downxxx

Glad I am not the only one.

I hate the fact that people try to tell me when I should and shouldn't be having children, that is my decision and I will make it myself.
I myself am the same as some of you ladies, not really a party girl (will go out every now and again) but prefer to be sat at home with a good movie, glass of wine and snuggled with the OH on the couch.

Granted I am only 22 and people may think I am "young" in their opinion, but I am extremely mature for my age and know what I want .. Not to mention very stubborn :haha:

It seems I get that around every corner. We got married at 20 and 21, we were too young then. DH went to Iraq 3 months later, he was too young to fight a war. He came down with a heart condition, we're both too young to be dealing with that. We've lived in a house for 3 years, but apparently we're too young to have our own house? I'm the youngest person at my workplace, and recently was promoted to a management position, and most people think I'm too young for it. We've now been married almost 4 years and most people we know say we're too young to have kids. We have a pretty quiet life and have been on the right path for 4 years, no reason not to.

To me, it's a matter of one's maturity, not your physical age. A lot of us in our 20's will raise a child better than many 30 and 40 yr olds (not meant towards anyone here, just an observation)

So...I think they can all shove it! LOL. But no...it doesn't upset me at all...:blush:

Probably the only thing worse is "you're so old, it will probably take a while!"

I know 45-year-olds who aren't mature enough for a baby and people in their young twenties who are.

Just say, "Yes, but I'm an old soul," and walk away. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->