"Your still so young"

Is anyone else just now coming off birth control? Or how long has everyone here been trying to conceive?

This is my first month off Nuvaring and I have only been trying for one month. I am 4 days late for my period, still registering a BFN, I have nausea out the wazoo and bloating, gassy, crampy, insomnia, and last night I had a dream about having a baby. And my poor nipples, oh the pain!! I really want to say I am pregnant but so many women have come off nuvaring and had pregnancy symptoms. It is so irritating.

But yeah, my mom doesnt even know we are going to try. I am not even planning on telling everyone after it happens, besides immediate family of course, till I am finding out the gender or into my second trimester because I dont want to have a mc and then have to tell people that. :(

You're only 23 but I'm 25 and hearing the same "Oh you're still young". Guess, within a year or two I'd be hearing "Oh time is running out". I mean, seriously? People would just keep on commenting it's their job, they can't tell you when you should be TTC or when not. :wacko: It's your body that tells you when you are ready for one.

I'm 22 and "some" people still say I'm too young. I'm not much of a partier either. Maybe just a few drinks at home with hubby..

I'm also well traveled. I've been to Alaska, Mexico, Europe, Carribean, Hawaii, Canada, almost all the United States. And my husband is in the Air Force so I think i'll get around enough with that too. lol.

I don't think you hear "You're getting old," until you're about to hit 40. I'm 31(!), TTC #1, and my family is STILL saying that I have plenty of time....why not wait a few years? Granted, I'm in school getting my biotech degree but I should graduate next winter (2012). I have PCOS, so I figure I should start right away, if I'm going to have children at all! :( I really wish I'd started around 25, like some of you guys, although I didn't know OH at that time, so no loss, I guess.

Don't listen to anyone else. People who don't have enough to do like living others' lives for them. It's YOUR life. If you're ready, do it!

I just wanted to give all you girls a "Way to Go!" , for stepping up, and standing for what you want outta life! !

Its true, people will always have an opinion but it only comes down to what you and your OH want. I got told by my doctor recently that I seem to be leaving my run a bit late and Im not 30 yet. I would love to know what these people consider "THE" age to have kids, plus its not like it happens overnight anyway...

Gah, it drives me mad really... sorry for the rant.

I get the same too, but I've just turned 28!!

I wanted to marry young, have kids young... I did marry young-ish at 24, but now it's been 3+ years of marriage and no kids yet!!! :(

I get the same too, but I've just turned 28!!

I wanted to marry young, have kids young... I did marry young-ish at 24, but now it's been 3+ years of marriage and no kids yet!!! :(

I am the same way. I am 20 and got married two months ago. I want to start having kids now. I am in college and I will have to finish that up (whether the baby comes before or after I dont know. If I got pregnant now it would be before) but I even take summer school to help speed up that up. All I want is to be a mom and a wife and take care of my baby and husband.

I am five days late from my expected period and still getting BFNs. I dont know what else to do.

Add me to the list! I am 24, 25 in February. My DH is 27, 28 in September. We're trying in secret (although most of those closest to us know I've been bit with baby fever.. but they all think TTC is still a long ways away), and I'm a little terrified of what reactions we'll get when we get pregnant and start telling everyone. I worry because our local friends haven't started yet, so will we all drift apart? I worry the in-laws will think we haven't been married long enough, but we also lived together for 2 years before we got married, so I feel like we've had plenty of newlywed time.

Anywho - Like most posters have said, everyone will always have an opinion. But I have to keep reminding myself that it's OUR life and we should do what feels right. We own our home, two cars, have steady jobs, put a good chunk into savings every month, are happily married, etc etc. And life doesn't stop after a baby - it's just another person to share it all with! DH and I both still definitely want to travel, and we're looking forward to it even more when we can share it with our LO!

My thoughts exactly! I OV-ed yesterday (or the day before?) and now praying that we were successful. My mum would be pretty excited I think, but MIL would be quite upset I think. She never thought I was good enough to start with, not only did I marry him, but if I have his baby I dont think Ill ever make the christmas card list!!! :haha: oops! , I still havent figured out what I ever said that gave her the idea that her opinion actually matters to me... :blush:

Anyone else have MIL troubles?

I don't really have MIL troubles per se, but she does butt in on a lot of things I don't really consider her business. :dohh: It's hard to get mad because it's always from a good place - she just wants to see us well. But that often conflicts with my desire for privacy and independence. :haha:

She slipped once, a while back, and said she wanted grandchildren.. I was already broody at that point so I joked back that she had to talk to her son about that and she said, "Well, I mean.. I can wait. Like...a year." lol! Poor DH at that point bout dropped his jaw.

Anyway, I know she'll LOVE a little grandbaby and really am thankful to have such wonderful in-laws because they'll make wonderful grandparents.. but there is definitely a part of me that worries they'll think it's too soon! Not that it's any of their business and not that they'll reject our LO or anything like that and not like we'll tell them we're trying until after it's way too late for them to try to talk us out of it... so I don't know why I bother worrying at all.. buuut I'm a woman and that's what we do. :rofl:

My husband and I are just NTNP right now. He doesn't want to actually start to TTC for a couple years still. We have been NTNP for most of our relationship actually. We honestly dont think its going to happen until we actually start to TTC. I only have one fallopian tube and he thinks he might have some issues himself (hes stubborn and wont go to the dr though!)

I am 22 in August, and him 25 in January.
I would like to have my first child before I am 25.
My mom had me when she was 24 and I think we are a good age difference.

I cant believe people are getting that they are too young at 28 still. I think its because alot of people are focused on their careers these days that they dont find time to have their kids until they are older.

I'm 20 and DH is 25 and everyone is supportive of us TTC but my dad doesn't know and he says that we need to wait to have kids that we're still too young....

First of all, I don't think you are too young. Secondly, age doesn't really matter as long as you are mature enough. You are married and own your own home. You sound mature enough to have a baby to me. Don't listen to what they have to say. You are not getting any younger. It's better to start early while you are more fertile. Who knows if you keep waiting it might not ever happen.

:finger: to all the people who always have something to say, you cant win no matter what you do there will always be someone who has something to say about it and it drives me mad.

At 19 slmost 20 i think im the youngest to post but it makes me insane when people think they have the right to tell me when or what i should be doing with my life, i dont pass judgement on anyone else as long as whet they do makes them happy then good for them. With so many people having children as an accessory, accident or second thought to what they wanna do youd think that theyd be glad that id put thought in to say i KNOW, WANT and am PLANNING to have a child rather than in being a 'happy accident' or mistake that they live to regret not to offend anyone it just reallly annoys me :nope:

I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread, but I just wanted to say that those comments will not end. :p So you might as well go with the flow as the only person it ends up hurting is you.... sorry. :hug:

I'm 28 (29 in 2 months), DH is 31 (32 in 2 months). We still get the "you're still young.." and in the same breath it is followed up with "but don't wait too long as you're getting older!" So now we're hit on both sides! young and old.

Chin up! When you're pregnant, they'll have even more opinions. When you're raising your LO's, they'll have more. It doesn't end. :) Just remember how you feel about it now for when you're expressing your opinions to others in the future. :)

And btw, to play devil's advocate, it never hurts to listen to others (the ones that care about you) as there may be a lot of truth and excellent advice. Both sides have to be considered when making a decision. As long as you have looked at all the considerations and accepted a route of action, you must also be prepared for the results in totality.

GL to all with whatever choices you make! :D

:finger: to all the people who always have something to say, you cant win no matter what you do there will always be someone who has something to say about it and it drives me mad.

At 19 slmost 20 i think im the youngest to post but it makes me insane when people think they have the right to tell me when or what i should be doing with my life, i dont pass judgement on anyone else as long as whet they do makes them happy then good for them. With so many people having children as an accessory, accident or second thought to what they wanna do youd think that theyd be glad that id put thought in to say i KNOW, WANT and am PLANNING to have a child rather than in being a 'happy accident' or mistake that they live to regret not to offend anyone it just reallly annoys me :nope:

I am right there with you. I JUST turned 20 on the 17th. And I totally agree with you. I am the last person in who I graduated with to not get pregnant. Every girl I can think of got pregnant either during or right after highschool without meaning to. I am the only one I know who is married and feels very ready to emotionally and financially take care of a baby. I am still in school and I have every intention of continuing to go. If I were to get pregnant before October, I would have the baby before July next year which would only have me in college another year with a child. I can do it and I know I can and it really irks me when people look at me like a dumbass who cant take care of a baby because I KNOW I can. And that child would be more loved and taken care of than any child I know out of the girls I graduated with.

On a side note.. I am getting almost positive OPKs (not entirely positive but VERY close!) and I will be af will be seven days late tomorrow. I am going to the gyno for my yearly and I am going to ask him to do a PG test. So Nervous but excited.

I used a psychic and she predicted for me to conceive a boy in September and a girl August 2013. We will see!!

i havnt read the whole thread but i hate people saying your so young you have loads of time it dosnt matter if it takes a few years, well it blooming matters to me i would like to have a baby now and i have allready waited a few years before ttc im engaged to the person i want to spend my life with and we would like to create a little one to share that life. also the lady who decided to put her 2cents in and say im too young is 45 and planing to start ttc winter well personaly i think she is to old but i respect that she has only just started feeling ready for getting marred and having children. she also tried to tell me that you can get pregnant anytime not just when you ovulate like she was being all old and wise well i think she may need to do a bit of reserch on how babys are made even my very young self knows that it dosnt work like that . sorry for the rant found this thread just after the lecture i got and needed to vent .

good luck every one loads and loads of baby :dust: to you all

You're only 23 but I'm 25 and hearing the same "Oh you're still young". Guess, within a year or two I'd be hearing "Oh time is running out". I mean, seriously? People would just keep on commenting it's their job, they can't tell you when you should be TTC or when not. :wacko: It's your body that tells you when you are ready for one.

Oh you will FragileDoll! I'm 28 now, and as soon as I had my 26th birthday the GP stopped asking me if there was a chance I could be pregnant before prescribing me anything, and began asking me if I was planning on having a child soon! My sister's just about to turn 26 and the Family Planning Nurse was reluctant to give her the option of a contraceptive injection because of her age. Madness!!

I still feel relatively young to be trying (though I feel like an old fogey in this thread ;) ) but I know that in terms of being able to have several children I can't drag my heels about it. I keep trying to reassure myself that my Mum had her children at 27, 29 and 31, but you just never know how lucky you're going to be. Plus infertility and conceiving problems isn't limited to the over 30, so no one should be judged for being proactive, or should be fobbed off by GPs because of their age!

I know what you girls mean, I had a visit with my Doc for a general health check as I have some gynae issues anyway, and he was shocked when I said I wanted to start TTC! I was disgusted by his reaction to be honest! I am 23, will be 24 by the time baby is born (if I Conceive before Jan) , Thats almost a quarter of a century old!!!
What more does the man want?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->