Your stories and tips

K

kandyfloss

So I know its far to early for me to start weaning, but it just occured to me that for 9 whole months I researched EVERYTHING I could for pregnancy and babies... except weaning !

So I jut wondered about your experiences. What age did you start, What did you start with... blah blah blah xx

Started at 24 weeks when lo helped herself to my toast when I wasn't looking! Gave her breakfast to start with. I gave her purees and finger foods but she is too independent to be spoon fed so we switched to blw. Now she eats ANYTHING! I had to leave some of the spring onions on my stir fry tonight as they were too strong -she happily chewed on them for ages!

We started at week 20 due to reflux but it didnt work as it didnt help with his reflux & he went off his milk so we had to stop after 10 days. We started again at 6.5 months & we went for BLW at 1st. His milk intake was very low & he didnt put random stuff in his mouth like other babies so it was very challenging, we had to spoon feed him real food fork mashed at 1st as he couldnt control his gagging reflex due to reflux. Then without mashing at around 7.5 months.

He started to go on 3 small meals at around 8-8.5 months. He's still not a big eater & he goes through phases of refusing to eat, but he gets a good variety of healthy food. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->