Your thoughts: Do you tell neighbors you're expecting?

xdxxtx

NTNP
Reaction score
Should we share our happy news with them that we'll be bringing a new baby into the home in a couple of months? Would/do you share the news with your neighbors?

I'm having a hard time deciding. I think my partner and I should tell them, especially since the nursery is next to a bedroom where our one set of neighbors leaves the window open much of the time. Maybe an advance apology for any noise we might make?

I live in an apartment building and haven't told any of my neighbors. I am obviously quite big now so if they don't know, they just think i've gained an enormous amount of weight. :haha: Plus any day now I will be walking in with a carseat and a baby in it so hopefully they get it.

I'd assume that your neighbors will be the same.

we told our neighbours at christmas - we included 'bump' on the card :)

saying that, I think if we hadn't told them they would be able to tell by now just by looking..! I'd rather they didn't think I was just getting a bit fat... :winkwink:

We told our next door neighbours, we don't really talk to them often but a few months ago they saw us unload a Moses basket from the car so it was pretty obvious.

We only speak to them occasionally but they are very nice about it, they had a baby girl last year so we were glad to have neighbours that would be understanding about a crying baby. Just going out a week ago they they are moving in a month and we will have new neighbours a week before my due date... a young couple that has just got engaged, so I'm worried they will not be impressed when they move in and see I'm heavily pregnant.

However, we didn't hear our neighbours baby cry at all, only if we both had windows open, so hopefully our new neighbours won't hate us too much! Lol

To my neighbors, it is quite obvious lol. :D I used to jog/run every morning-that stopped at about 13 weeks. I used to host a lot of cocktail parties-those stopped. Um...I used to be size SMALL SMALL...and my boobs weren't awfully big (b-cup)...well my belly is bigger and my boobs now measure high end C...;) So anyone who may check me out would know;)

I am not telling neighbours that I am pregnant, we don't know any of them & do not feel like we have any sort of obligation to warn them. They didn't tell us when they decided to buy their son a drum kit, we only found out when he started bashing away at it at 8am one Sunday morning! They would have to be a little blind anyhow not to realise that I am pregnant!

We don't speak to our neighbours unless its a "hi" if we both happen to be going out to the car at the same time or a "sorry!" From us if our dog jumps on them :haha:

But they have not failed to notice my enormous belly, and three of them have said in the past few weeks congratulations etc. once they see me out walking the dogs with a pram as well anyone who has managed to not see my belly (maybe because they are blind...only possible reason :haha: ) will definitely know!

Nah.. when it's more obvious I'll probably mention it. I rarely see my neighbors.

We've told our neighbors beside us and across the street. Though it was hard to decide how to tell our next door neighbors. They have been TTC for 6 years and have many issues that are preventing them from concieving on their own. We told them we were expecting at about 5 months when we found out the gender (I wasn't showing yet).

my neighbours know as I'm all bump and it's hard to miss but I wouldn't go out of my way to tell them any part of my private life.

We haven't told our neighbour next door as we don't really talk to them much aside from the usual hiya. Our neighbour across the way asked dh as his wife had told him a friend of hers was pregnant and we both happen to have the same unusual name. He wasn't sure which person she was referring to and didn't want to ask in case it looked like he wasn't listening lol. He hadn't actually expected my dh to say yes and for two people with the same name to be pregnant and due at the same time. :)
To be fair we haven't told many people. A lot of our friends live miles away and our only contact now is Facebook as I've always said I'd never mention my pg on fb they still don't know.

My neighbour is an inconsiderate asshat who has all night parties mid week, and screaming matches with her teenage daughter... So I didn't feel obliged to tell her!! She finally twigged last month and joked that its time for us to 'get our own back on her'... I didn't say anything to her face, but in my head I'm screaming that our baby crying for food or attention on occasion is not the same as her making the decision to be a terrible person!! Lol.

I well dd told our next door neighbour but we do chat quite a bit other neighbours know mainly down to my size lol

I guess you're right about it being obvious most of the time. With me, it's not. I'm private about it in public, and I hide my gimundo belly very well. I've NEVER had anyone ask to touch my belly or assume I'm pregnant because of how well I hide it. (If you saw the size of my belly, you'd really wonder how I do it.) So, if they're to know, I'd have to tell them, or they'd just notice us with a baby one day like y'all have said. lol

I'm quite friendly with the one side but barely talk to the other side neighbour. The ones i do chat too know i'm pregnant, as she just had a little girl a few weeks ago, so we've been sharing stories along the way!
However if the other side haven't noticed they are just blind lol!

We're really lucky - all our neighbours are older folk and we told them from 20 weeks :). This Xmas we had no heating so they got us one to make sure we were warm :), its a really nice place and all the lane have got LO sumthing (we've never asked). They just worry about the dog now :).

My neighbours are elderly and we don't know them all that well, just the occasional hello across the street when we see them, only one neighbour has asked about our baby's due date... The rest of them would know just by seeing me haha... I'm not worried about the noise of a baby annoying them, I'd say most of them are deaf now and don't realise their own dogs bark in the middle of the night hehe

I don't see it necessary to tell them. We havent mentioned it to any of ours and if they couldn't tell by my belly then they wouldn't know. I mean they are only neighbors, not friends or family so why feel any type of obligation to tell them a private detail of your life ? Mayb that's just me.

My neighbours are all far enough away that even if we had a huge party they wouldn't hear so no I haven't told them.

We were friendly with our upstairs neighbors and so while we didn't need to tell them I was pregnant (it was pretty danged obvious), we DID tell them we were having the baby at home and apologized in advance for any noise.

...then when it came down to it, they came down two days after he was born and were like "Whoa, wait, what? You had the baby already? Here?" so they either had terrible hearing or babies just aren't as loud as everyone thinks they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->