Your thoughts on baby listening services in hotels?

...ps. depending on how close you are to your room, you could maybe use a baby monitor alongside the service maybe?x

I'd be really uncomfortable with both... No way... Family dining is the way to go x

I wouldn't be comfortable with either tbh. Yes, that chances are everything would be fine but I wouldn't want to risk it and then blame myself. I'd go with family dining. Maybe have a night with OH in the room when they're asleep or something.

I've not heard of this, what do they do exactly? I wouldn't be comfortable leaving my children in a room though, just because something is quiet doesn't mean all is ok and if they actually check in on them I wouldn't want strangers doing this. I'm not at all a Molly coddler, my son stayed with my mum for nights from 6 months and I have used babysitters so by most parents' standards on this forum I am a more "relaxed" type, but no I wouldn't be comfortable with this not even if they were older, sounds terrible unless I am misunderstanding the situation but first thing that comes to my head is Madeleine McCann. Would certainly give the group dining a go though because DS tends to eat better around children! Hope you find something, we recently did a self catered house with wider family in Devon, they looked after DS one night so we could go out.

I was just going to say after madeline mccann no way.

Agree with the maddy mccann comments. Not for me. I'd go for family dining - might be a bit chaotic but more fun and family holiday oriented.

Wow... no way! Whether some stranger is listening to them or not theyre still in a room on their own.x

I know I think the zoo atmosphere will be quite nice really as at least if mine are playing up no one can sit and be glaring at us

Exactly family dining is great, no judging looks... You wouldn't enjoy a fancy dinner with the children in a room on their own x

I wouldn't either, if they are choking or got up and banged their head or what ever then they wont be creating noise but still need someone. I know the risk of that is minimal but my experiences make me extra paranoid.

I don't think I would. I just wouldn't be comfortable. Everyone's different though.

NO!

I would either hire a babysitter and have her entertain the kids in the room while you get an order to go from the regular part of restraunt to eat in room or eat in room as family. Idea of eating during family dining would not apeal to me. My kids(to be conceived lol) I can deal with. A bunch of other families kids in a place they go maybe once a year are probably going to be LAID back about any rules.

In a short period each on of us kids has done something stupid-I managed to break wrist falling few inches and mom was in other room cooking, sister played with lotion and brother played gather items up and put them in a pail

No I wouldn't even consider it

I wouldn't be comfortable with a stranger listening to my boys on a monitor anything could happen

I would just use the family dining tbh

With how Maria sleeps these days then I would as most of the time I can expect her to go to sleep and stay asleep (and besides, she won't sleep if I'm in the room with her!) but when she was younger I would have gone with family dining.

Never. I'd never use a babysitter I/LO didn't know either.

Wasn't this the service they were using when Madeline McCann went missing?

Never. I'd never use a babysitter I/LO didn't know either.

Wasn't this the service they were using when Madeline McCann went missing?

No i think the parents were just popping back every so often.

Ugh :nope:

Either way, I would never use a service like that

lhancock is right, that service (and a babysitting service) was offered at the apartments the McCann's stayed in but they declined both and said they checked on the children regularly.

My Aunt used to run a hotel that offered this. She says a scary amount of times they find the children roaming the halls, having slipped out of the room looking for their parents!

I don't think I would be able to relax and enjoy my dinner anyway so family dinning would be my choice.

I was thinking it would be a sitter in the room. If it's just someone listening in on a monitor no way would I leave my boys alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->