Your thoughts

amybaby18

WTT after MMC
Reaction score
Hi all, I wondered if you wouldn’t mind giving your opinions on my current situation.
We were on holiday in a different part of the country last week and I experienced a small bleed, we were scheduled for a scan the day after and the scan confirmed a Baby dated 6w6d with a heartbeat. I was told there was a bleed showing of scan but that it shouldn’t be anything to worry about. I was also advised to make an appointment with my local early pregnancy assessment unit when I got home. I attended the follow up scan yesterday and they told me that there was no heartbeat with a Baby showing 6 weeks exactly??
I was devastated to say the least and really not expecting it having had no further bleeding.
Has anyone else ever heard of this happening? How can the growth go backwards??

Thanks in advance

That does seem strange as a day or two might just be measurement discrepancies but 6 is a lot.
I am really sorry to hear they didn't find a heartbeat. I don't want to give you hope but I would be having another scan if I were you just to make sure. Hugs to you I know how awful it is x

I'm so sorry they couldn't find a hb , I no dates can be off at that early stage. So sorry xxxx

My OB told me that once the fetus passes away it can shrink a bit. Also, dates could be off +or- 6 days, so you could have a discrepancy there, especially if measured at two different places. I would certainly wait a week though and have another ultrasound. I'm sorry you're in this horrible place right now. My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage; no bleeding so I had no idea. It's awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->