Your tips for surviving twin pregnancy (especially 3rd trimester)

calm

Reaction score
I've been googling for inspiration and tips to get me through this last hard months. I'm already big, must be measuring full term, and only 28+3 with two large twins inside me! So interested on how your survived or are surviving issues like: sleep? heat? (so hard for me) walking? breathing? breathlessness? rude comments from people thinking you are about to give birth? Any recommendations are welcome and it would be nice to build up a group of posts that can inspire us to get through one more day lol!

What are my "tips" at the moment?

- Trying to keep mobile: going for a small walk before the heat gets too much

- "Trying" (not always managing) to take it a day at a time

Waiting to hear feedback too.
I am dreading the 3rd trimester as well. I have a wedding to be at and I don't want people starring and commenting on how "huge" I am- lol! I know it sounds vain.

Also, already suffering from discomfort right now-lol!!

I started to get uncomfortable round your time nesSAH.

As for the huge bit, I'm sick of it already. People make such rude comments that they leave me speechless!

I'd say rest as much as you can.
Try to get a full body pregnancy pillow, it will help you sleep.

I'm struggling with RLP, sciatica and lack of sleep and i'm only just hitting 15 weeks (the sciatica is from a back dislocation 17 years ago), i dread to think how bad this can get later on!

Think i'm going to invest in a body pillow i just can't get comfy anymore :wacko: x

I'm struggling with RLP, sciatica and lack of sleep and i'm only just hitting 15 weeks (the sciatica is from a back dislocation 17 years ago), i dread to think how bad this can get later on!

Think i'm going to invest in a body pillow i just can't get comfy anymore :wacko: x

Its incredible how early the discomfort can start with a multiple pregnancy, I'm 29 weeks on Tuesday but basically looking and measuring full term! I personally can sleep okay if its not for the heat, that is what wakes me up. I also have a chronic bone problem (hip necrosis) but its actually been better than normal, I imagine it will come back pretty bad once the twins are born (if not before) Have you tried taking a warm bath or shower before going bed? X

Uh oh I'm in trouble bc I need tips on how to survive the first trimester fatigue, nausea, and acid reflux! I've got a ways to go!!!

Uh oh I'm in trouble bc I need tips on how to survive the first trimester fatigue, nausea, and acid reflux! I've got a ways to go!!!

First trimester is not an easy time either! I had some good weeks in 2nd trimester and that was it, and then all went downhill again. For acid reflux: I took rennies, for fatigue: I had more rest than normal and let DH do a lot of the housework. For nausea: I personally found ice lollies helped me, or trying to eat as regularly as I could (and as much food aversions allowed).

I felt pretty wonderful still at 29 wks, but so far week 31 has been the pitts! I discovered pelvic pain this week and have been taking Tylenol but it hurts so much to walk. Had to go to hospital twice this week for bloodwork then for NST, and it was a lot of slow limping about.

Last night I woke up several times in pain. Not sure if it was just positional or if I had some prodomal labour happenin. Sigh.

I do the body pillow between my knees and hug it at my chest to help keep my chest open wider and me to breathe easier, but wow, discomforts!

Oh and this week, when they move and start rolling, it's pretty uncomfortable.

I tried to stay as active as possible - I kept working till 33 weeks. It has been down hill since I stopped work! Get plenty of rest when you can. Let others look after you!

The third trimester gets harder as the weeks go by, I'm finding my lack of mobility the hardest bit to deal with. That and the pregnancy rash I've developed which is making me want to rip my skin off!

Ah well...over soon enough. Good luck to you all!

I find myself getting confused though on balancing "getting rest" with "keeping active". I suppose the way I'm doing it is try to keep doing things round the house, taking small walks, but then on the other hand spending a lot of time just on the sofa (hope I'm not resting too much though)

I stayed active at work and then rested all evening when I got home. Now that in on maternity leave I try to go out once a day to get a bit of a walk and then a few hours rest every afternoon.

Interesting thread! I'm struggling with afternoons and evenings, tend to be ok in the morning. I'm wearing a bump belt to help support the weight now (I'm 25 weeks but measuring 34). This helps me feel better if I'm out and about.

I'm on Rennies and/or gaviscon for the constant indegestion. I find I can get doubled over with trapped wind sometimes :blush:

I sleep propped up on pillows, almost sat up really. This is helping my back. I do have a pregnancy pillow and sleep on my sides sometimes and this does relieve the wind, poor DH :haha:

I try and rest with my feet above my heart for an hour in th evenings which is reducing the swelling in my feet a little. Hoping this will ease with cooler weather.

Rude comments haven't been bad, yet. I reguarly get 'blimey, you haven't got long to go' which isn't so bad, I know I look huge!

The one thing I can't alter or help is that they start kicking when I least want them too! In the car, when I'm resting or eating. It can get quite uncomfy! One is kicking me high and the other is kicking me in the bladder.

For all this, I love it though! Xx

Interesting thread! I'm struggling with afternoons and evenings, tend to be ok in the morning. I'm wearing a bump belt to help support the weight now (I'm 25 weeks but measuring 34). This helps me feel better if I'm out and about.

I'm on Rennies and/or gaviscon for the constant indegestion. I find I can get doubled over with trapped wind sometimes :blush:

I sleep propped up on pillows, almost sat up really. This is helping my back. I do have a pregnancy pillow and sleep on my sides sometimes and this does relieve the wind, poor DH :haha:

I try and rest with my feet above my heart for an hour in th evenings which is reducing the swelling in my feet a little. Hoping this will ease with cooler weather.

Rude comments haven't been bad, yet. I reguarly get 'blimey, you haven't got long to go' which isn't so bad, I know I look huge!

The one thing I can't alter or help is that they start kicking when I least want them too! In the car, when I'm resting or eating. It can get quite uncomfy! One is kicking me high and the other is kicking me in the bladder.

For all this, I love it though! Xx
You sound very similar to me, one of my twins is up the top and the other at the bottom, and both kicking at moments like when I'm about to go to sleep Do I interpret that you are having 2 boys too?

Could be, we don't know! Staying team yellow if we can. I wouldn't be surprised if they are two boys, leaping about and playing rugby like their daddy, it certainly feels like it sometimes!

I'm so jealous... i want to be team yellow!! DH really wants to know so will be finding out at the next scan and i suppose with all the extra scans it'll be difficult to avoid anyway. x

Ah okay Pinkie, I was going by the smilies lol

xxshellyxx Maybe you could compromise and find out just one of the genders? That could be an advantage of having twins :lol: I haven't really had any extra scans, it might happen more now though I am in 3rd trimester.

It might end up being that way if Baby A doesn't play ball lol That one lies front to back with the head at the front! Not easy to measure every time so far, so every chance we won't get to see what that one has lol

I've got scans at 20, 24, 28, 32 and 36 weeks! OB told me about all bar the 24 week one, but the sonographer at the 12 week one read out her list for twins scans and those are the dates she gave me!

20 week one is coming up already in about 4 weeks :) still waiting on the date coming through - couldn't book as i need an hour appointment and they hadn't opened them up , but i suspect it will come through within the next week x

The 20 week scan is always a great milestone, making sure babies are doing well and finding out the gender if one wants to know.

I did have a scan at 24 but with a crap machine, where they basically just looked for a heartbeat. Then at 28 weeks I got a proper scan with all the measurements again (they never showed me the twins with this one though). I then go back when I'm 31 weeks so pretty sure they will scan me properly again (I am now with the high risk doctor). Then after that I think it might be every 2 weeks

Yeah I definitely could use some tips too I am so uncomfortable now, exhausted all the time and having a really hard time breathing. I never had this with my daughter and feel 23 weeks is way too early to feel this. I have only gained 6 kilograms but it feels like 20. Also i have this horrible pain around my pubic bone that makes it hard to walk especially in the mornings. Oh the joys of pregnancy good thing we will get double the cuddles and smiles :) Ive had to take it easy because of constant contractions and short cervix I think inactivity really makes it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->