• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your view on circumcision.

I didn't get my son circumcised and I don't agree with it. Most of the blokes I know are uncircumcised and have never had any issues which require them to be done later on.

And this is perfectly fine. I know it's a huge controversial topic when you put together many different countries where in some it's more common to choose circumcision and in others it's completely the opposite. People are totally allowed to feel against it or feel it's not an option they would ever take themselves given their circumstances. And thanks for being polite :)

Sounds like op has already made up her mind and is looking for a forum to advance her opinion rather than actually being curious about what others think.
That said, I was on the fence for the longest time-- DH and I talked about it and researched it for months and still hadn't decided when my waters broke. Well J arrived and we said "sure, let's have it done, we've never met anyone who regretted being circ, but had met plenty who wish they were". Usually they do it right after the birth in our hosp-- I had to tell them to back off because they were trying to take him to have it done before his first bf. I made them wait until he'd had a few meals and I'd showered, as I wanted to be there for it, paranoid mom I am. We got there in time to "watch" them do another baby (it's just behind a curtain in the nursery) and it didn't seem like the painless procedure that had been described; I actually think something went wrong with that specific one, as a bunch of nurses started rushing around after and apparently there was some excessive bleeding. DH and I looked at each other and wheeled his bassinet back out of the room and withdrew permission to have it done. So if not for that one baby screaming bloody murder, our son would be circ, haha! The LC came to see us a couple days later and expressed how glad she was we didn't-- highly unprofessional behavior, but according to her, babies have a harder time bf and we were having enough problems already. So we had a surprise intact baby! He might hate us for it later, but he'll have plenty of things to resent us for by then anyway.

There was a story of a man who killed himself I believe? (will look for that story) His penis was deformed or something after it and effected him all his life. I have a friend also who is circ and very angry about it. These men do exist and do suffer to. Please dont blank them out. Some men maybe fine with it, some arnt.

This guy I used to work with was very adamant that the reason men are so aggressive is because their very first experience out of the womb was a painful circumcision. Ummmmm......?

So the reason you're a jerk is because you're holding a grudge against something that took ten seconds that you don't even remember. Riiiiiiiiiight.

It's fine to be angry about having something done against your wishes; fair enough. But this guy was basically saying men have rights to be assholes to everyone because of this. Because every man I know is a jerk. Because he was circumcised. Hmmmmm.

https://www.circumstitions.com/Shane.html
I am sure this guy will be shot down for this and me to for posting this but its his story and how he feels. Some men do go through hell and wish they had it back.

I've never heard of anyone wanting his foreskin put back on.

There are HUGE groups of men who work on getting this back. I work in an "adult" store and have been asked MANY times if we sell the tools required to do it.

https://www.restoringforeskin.org/

If I have a son I won't get him circumcised (unless medically necessary of course). The foreskin is there for a reason! And besides, its a grey area legally here, not exactly legal and not exactly illegal either - a couple years ago a Jewish couple were ordered to pay compensation to their child for circumcising him (they didn't use anesthetic and there were some complications and they also didn't use a local mohel)

I would never. Not my penis, not my decision. I'm pretty anti-circ (unless medical reasons)

Sounds like op has already made up her mind and is looking for a forum to advance her opinion rather than actually being curious about what others think.
That said, I was on the fence for the longest time-- DH and I talked about it and researched it for months and still hadn't decided when my waters broke. Well J arrived and we said "sure, let's have it done, we've never met anyone who regretted being circ, but had met plenty who wish they were". Usually they do it right after the birth in our hosp-- I had to tell them to back off because they were trying to take him to have it done before his first bf. I made them wait until he'd had a few meals and I'd showered, as I wanted to be there for it, paranoid mom I am. We got there in time to "watch" them do another baby (it's just behind a curtain in the nursery) and it didn't seem like the painless procedure that had been described; I actually think something went wrong with that specific one, as a bunch of nurses started rushing around after and apparently there was some excessive bleeding. DH and I looked at each other and wheeled his bassinet back out of the room and withdrew permission to have it done. So if not for that one baby screaming bloody murder, our son would be circ, haha! The LC came to see us a couple days later and expressed how glad she was we didn't-- highly unprofessional behavior, but according to her, babies have a harder time bf and we were having enough problems already. So we had a surprise intact baby! He might hate us for it later, but he'll have plenty of things to resent us for by then anyway.

This is totally OT, but i just wanted to say that i used to live in State College!!! I miss it there!

No, absolutely not. I PERSONALLY (note the use of this word!!!!!) think the procedure is absolutely barbaric, and is unecessarily harming your brand new baby who's just been having sweet sweet cuddles then THAT to happen. No way.

Same goes for females - disgusting, and same goes for anything related like piercing ears. It's wrong (IMO!!).

There is absoutely no medical benefit to having it done, and is definitely not on my to do list if I have a boy.

I will reiterate - once again - these are my personal opinions!

If the choice were left to me I would say no, absolutely not.

However, my OH is circumcised and feels strongly about any future boys we have being circumcised as well. I've shared my concerns with him and he's shared his with me. Unfortunately whatever we decide, one of us will be unhappy with the decision.

I left the decision up to my husband because he's the one who can relate better with our son on this particular issue.

I'm not one of those who puts the decision in the hands of their partner (DH and I agree on it), but I think as long as the matter's been discussed, if the mother ultimately decides to let the father make the decision, it definitely makes some sense.

I can definitely see the sense in the father being the one to make the final decision, since he's either been through it or not, and knows his preference. This is especially true when the mother is indifferent.

I'm here for grad school, but grew up in South Carolina. It's beautiful here, I don't much look forward to graduating and moving on. I'll deeply miss the Amish donuts... :cry:

No, absolutely not. I PERSONALLY (note the use of this word!!!!!) think the procedure is absolutely barbaric, and is unecessarily harming your brand new baby who's just been having sweet sweet cuddles then THAT to happen. No way.

Same goes for females - disgusting, and same goes for anything related like piercing ears. It's wrong (IMO!!).

There is absoutely no medical benefit to having it done, and is definitely not on my to do list if I have a boy.

I am not interested in getting into an endless debate about circumcision which never goes anywhere for the millionth time but I would just like to say that comparing female circumcision to ear piercing is fucking GROTESQUE and you obviously have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I am not a barbarian nor have I ever harmed all 3 of my sons, but thanks .You have your opinion and I respect that but please don't use such strong words it is offensive and disgusting.

I am not a barbarian nor have I ever harmed all 3 of my sons, but thanks .You have your opinion and I respect that but please don't use such strong words it is offensive and disgusting.

She said the procedure was barbaric, not the person consenting to having it preformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->