"You're still breastfeeding - that's just wrong!"

I think it's sooooooo ridiculous. It's NORMAL to breastfeed. Pft, I might start protesting!

omg!! how dare she say that, good for you for telling her straight though

It's so great to hear so many supportive comments about bf'ing!

Great job Toria you can be proud!

We're still bf too though my mother (of all people:dohh:) doesn't understand extended bf... she thinks cereal at 3 months, and hot dogs by one year... We've had a few "discussions" about that hehe.

:hug:

Had a pretty interesting conversation with one of my mothers friends today about extended breastfeeding. She used the words "perverse" and "disgusting" so I asked her when she thought it was wrong and she said "now!" I said it's natural, and up to 2 years has plenty of benefits! She said, "you'll still be breastfeeding her when she's 5......"

I said.............

"I'll be none of your business then either!" :happydance:

well done for standing up. you are doing what is best for your baby and its tragic that people think this way. your child will stop when they are ready ! we are so out of touch in society as to how we feed our kids now. i plan to breastfeed ( assuming i can with my meds ) and will do so until my kiddie stops naturally. end of. well done to you and stay feisty !

if you need ammo have a look at this article:

https://www.theecologist.org/pages/archive_detail.asp?content_id=586

my friends little sister was BF until she was 2+, the first time i heard her say "booby mummy" i was a little weirded out but then it was pointed out to me that the alternative is still feeding milk.. but from a cow! which is a whole lot stranger than from a human. when i think about that it puts me off dairy slightly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->