"You're still breastfeeding - that's just wrong!"

S

Serene123

Had a pretty interesting conversation with one of my mothers friends today about extended breastfeeding. She used the words "perverse" and "disgusting" so I asked her when she thought it was wrong and she said "now!" I said it's natural, and up to 2 years has plenty of benefits! She said, "you'll still be breastfeeding her when she's 5......"

I said.............

"I'll be none of your business then either!" :happydance:

:happydance: glad you stood up for yourself, I cant believe the nerve of some people xx

Go you!

WTF, how dare she call it preverse? Would it be if you fed your child any other way? Would itbe if you were BFing 100 years ago? NO. Tell her to stop being so narrowminded.

I think its awful how women put each other down.

I have to admit that I personally dont agree with women breastfeeding 5 and 8 year olds etc but if someone i knew did, thats their business.....

You breastfeed Caitlyn for however long you want.....your child and your boobs!!!

well done for sticking up for your choice!!!!! x

It's weird Toria isnt it....:dohh:

I was with the other cricket WAGS today and I went in the club house out of the chilly wind to BF Heebs who is still a very young (IMO) baby. One of the other mum's (who I know BFd to start - not sure how long) looked when I unclipped my bra and threw my pashmina around my shoulders and said 'you're still feeding her yourself........' 'Yeah' I replied to which she said 'oh.....right......'

WTF does that mean!!!!! :rofl:

I think it calls for this badge....

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/badgestill.jpg

Silly, uneducated woman! You showed her!

It's weird Toria isnt it....:dohh:

I was with the other cricket WAGS today and I went in the club house out of the chilly wind to BF Heebs who is still a very young (IMO) baby. One of the other mum's (who I know BFd to start - not sure how long) looked when I unclipped my bra and threw my pashmina around my shoulders and said 'you're still feeding her yourself........' 'Yeah' I replied to which she said 'oh.....right......'

WTF does that mean!!!!! :rofl:

I think it calls for this badge....

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/badgestill.jpg

I was a little :shock: that she used the word perverse, but she didn't know what she was talking about!

and Caitlyn is still a baby (a walking baby but still a baby nonetheless!!!) so why shouldnt you breastfeed...???

I fully intend to tandem feed if Caitlyn still feeds when the next one is born too. Guess I need to get used to critisism now ;)

Good for you, sticking up for it! :wohoo:

NONE of her business -and where does she get off calling it "perverse"!!! :hissy:

Your baby, your breasts... YOUR decision. Good on you!!

And I LOVE the badge Lisa! :rofl:

I dont really mind what age people breastfeed till - seriously even till they are 8 it's none of my business. BUT here's what I do think it's 100% unquestionable. The main food of a child up until they are 12 months old should be milk - that's a fact. Kids can have regular, off the doorstep cows milk from aged 12 months so to me, it's totally 100% acceptable to see a baby with either a boob or a bottle of formula in it's mouth at any point until it's first birthday!!! As Aleksandr the meerkat says.....SIMPLES!!!!

How can feeding a child ever b perverse or disgusting!!! U stick to ur guns hun yur baby ur boobs!!!

I can't believe how ignorant and judgemental some people are! Just stick to your guns and ignore her Toria, you are doing the right thing.

Like MM said, under 12 months, breast milk or formula milk is better for a baby than cow's milk (which is produced for calves not humans!) and drinking it too early can lead to allergies.

I have also had people saying, 'oh, you are still breastfeeding? When are you thinking of stopping?' Tristan is only just turned six months old! He is still a young baby. It annoys me that people can stick their noses in and question your choices.

I'm proud of myself, and I love breastfeeding. There is nothing perverse about loving breastfeeding. Pillocks!

Your boobies, your baby, your business......FACT!

I have started getting more people tutting about me feeding lately and people have started asking me 'oh your still feeding him...how come'...... because i want to thats how come!!
I fully intend to feed harry until hes 12 months and after that he can decide how long he wants to feed for.
Well done you for sticking up to her xxxxx

I find it weird that people think its weird... they are still babies... what do they think women did before formula?

Yeah I don't get how anyone would question it under 12mo...they HAVE to be on some type of milk, why not the best option out there if it's available? That makes no sense to me. I'm an admin of another parenting forum and someone started a debate on breastfeeding and how long should you do it, mind you I'm a very active admin, everyone on there knows how long I nursed Hayden for (he has just weaned over the last month, though he did ask to nurse again n his 19mo "bday" the other day :D )and LOTS of the girls went on and on about how you shouldn't nurse a baby past a year especially, some were saying like 9mo too, it really bothered me because I felt like they were taking it as their chance to say they didn't agree with what I was doing kwim? So I put some people in their place haha, spit out a bunch of FACTS on why breastmilk is best, even for toddlers and so on and how self weaning is good for them. I hate it when people pass judgement like that, who are they to say how you should feed them and when you should stop nursing. BTW the world average is 4yrs old, the WHO recommends until 2yrs old..the AAP (which I know doesn't apply to most of you anyways) is until 12mo old. If a toddler has to be on milk again why not be the best milk you can give them, nothing wrong with cows milk but it doesn't offer the same benefits as breastmik so why not keep giving that. ugh if you can't tell it's a senstive subject for me, something I'm very passionate about haha

OMG silly silly woman... People will have opinions though, as we all know, we all have them, just have to shake your head at the silly ones! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->