Yukky eye

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
Tyler woke up this morning with a yukky eye like when they get conjunctivitis just his left eye though i've been bathing it keeping it clean but i was wondering coz this sounds really silly but yesterday i was feeding him his lunch at the in laws place so he was in his walker he got all excited trying to eat and the spoon got him in the eye and he got an eye full of banana custard ooops:dohh: i feel horrible do you think it could it have damaged his eye ?

naw prolly just clearing stuff out.

My doc has recommended a few drops of breastmilk in their eye for eye infections... the antibodies in breastmilk help the infection. (same with nasal congestion) :baby:

:hug:

Was just about to say the exact same thing: Breastmilk does wonders for sticky eyes - I've used it for myself to clear infections that I've got after rubbing a hey-fevery eye too much :blush: lol - It cleared it up in less that 48 hours!

If it doesn't go away, it could be a blocked tear duct. If it is, you just massage between his eye and nose to get the gunk out!

If it is conjunktavitus (i know thats spelt terribley wrong lol) clean the eye from outter end towards the nose, that way it doesnt spread..thats what i was told as well as the breast milk thing. Hope it gets better soon :)

Was having this conversation this morning at toddler group and my friend's lil girl has had gunky eyes on and off for what seems like forever. Her friend recommended full fat cows milk. She's tried it the last couple of days and it's clearing up nicely. She also said it was good for clearing off the crusty bits on her eyelashes.

I'd heard the breast milk one, but who'd have thought it of cow's milk?

I don't know, because cows milk is pasturized, (unless she's getting hers raw from a farm). All the 'reasons' why breastmilk is good for this (antibodies etc.) would seem to be cooked out with cows milk bought at the grocery. But hey, if it works it works :).

i thought my LO had infection in his eye last week i rang the dr and he just said keep cleaning it with water and cotton wool for 24 hrs to see if it clears up if not take him to see the dr when i did that it just cleared up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->