***Zachary Thom Carter's family (unassisted) home birth story***

t33cup

mum of one and expecting
Reaction score
***Zachary Thom Carter's birth story***
Born 13/10/2011
at 7.27 am (roughly we worked it out with paramedics) at home
weighing just over 7lbs and 2 oz

you may know I'd planned a home water birth but pregnancy induced hypertension had other plans and i was due to be induced on my due date if nothing happened before, I refused to be induced before. They gave me a sweep the Friday before my due date and I had a 'false start' contractions every 5 mins for 3-4 hrs that eventually stopped.
I decided to do what I could to get things going and avoid induction the following Wed was a full moon so I went for a walk, bought a hot curry and made pineapple drinks and bounced on the ball, resulted in some mild pains -less so than before and irregular I went to bed and fell asleep. Woke up in the night/early morning maybe with them stronger so took 2 paracetamol and realised I wasn't going to settle and maybe I should time them, they were every 5 mins and seemed a lot like before, maybe a bit more painful so I woke Richard and rang the delivery suite, they suggested to wait as pain wasn't too bad until they were 3 in 10 mins I hung up and timed the next 3 as 3 mins, I was thinking about ringing back when I had another 1min and another 1 min, rang them back and Richard was getting my son ready and I talked to the woman whilst breathing through contractions and explaining they seemed to be happening all the time now and i felt weird like i needed to push and that "this is really strange" lol, they said to ring an ambulance and that they'd send a mw out, by now I was on all fours unable to move and had felt something slipping out like a water balloon lol -part of the membranes. Richard was talking on phone and had taken my pj bottoms off I heard him saying he could see the head 1 big contraction and out came zachs head another and a gush as the waters went and his shoulders and I remember saying "dont pull him!" lol I never actually pushed, i was aware it was fast and was worried about tearing and could feel the contractions doing their job perfectly Richard struggled to hold him as he was slippy and wet and he had to pull the membranes off his face, then we waited to hear him breathe..there were little noises so i knew he was okay and it seemed like ages did that, was maybe a min at very most, and he cried, as Im typing this I just had to ask richard how the paramedics got in lol, he told ben to go down and open the door, ben also went an got a towel to wrap him up in as we couldnt move! I was stuck there on all 4's with the chord attached and richard was holding him lol! about 5 mins and the paramedics arrived and cut the chord, he offered richard to do it but he didnt want to let go of zachary They really wanted to get me on the bed to be more comfortable and then the mw arrived to deliver the placenta, we did a physiological 3rd stage , so a bit of a wait but then out it came, in 2 pushes 'into your bum' lol she caught it in a bowl and asked if we wanted to see it! which we did and even the paramedics came in to have a nosy! and the mw turned it inside out and explained to us all how it had been working and what was what and she took it away, we got checked over and all was well and has been since The mw who did his hip and, all those tests after reckoned its typical second baby behaviour I have heard of a couple of ladies who had similar second births, one in my yoga class was born on the bathroom floor delivered by her husband! Btw there was no mess. Very little indeed richard washed the carpet with 1001 carpet cleaner because of the waters mostly, you cant tell where it was! I didnt bleed much and didnt need any stitches xxx

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 9
Oh wow congrats :) and well done to your hubby :thumbup: i too had a similar birth with my second son. He was born in the bedroom and my oh delivered him before the mw or ambulance got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->