Zika

FutureMrs

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am just curious about opinions out there, my FI and I are getting married in Mexico at the end of April, our plan was to TTC right away after the wedding, including in Mexico. Now with Zika everything seems uncertain, I am not sure how long we should wait after the trip or if at all? Anyone else in a similar position? Any advice?

My husband has gone for work to a country with Zika. The advice we got is for me to not go with him (which I couldn't anyway) and the avoid unprotected sex for 1-6 months once he returns. :(

So I'd imagine if you're wanting to TTC then it'd be best not to go to somewhere where you could get Zika. Probably best to check with your doctor though.

My boyfriend got back from south america in September. We did have intercause as I had IUD and didnt know I would conceive! I spoke to my doctor and he said all is likely ok as its been 5 mths since he returned now and also he didnt have an infected bite. X

Hi All!

I am just curious about opinions out there, my FI and I are getting married in Mexico at the end of April, our plan was to TTC right away after the wedding, including in Mexico. Now with Zika everything seems uncertain, I am not sure how long we should wait after the trip or if at all? Anyone else in a similar position? Any advice?

If I were you, I'd wait a few weeks before TTC. Did you consult with your doctor?

Thanks for your input all! My Dr suggested to wait one cycle and then resume trying, there havent been any reported cases in the part of Mexico we are going to so she was fairly unconcerned but its still nerve racking!

So it turns out my DH will probably spend all or almost all of his time away at sea. So now I'm not sure that we need to wait. Mosquitos can't live at sea can they?

I don't think so Sarah! So fingers crossed for you, from what I've read these types of mosquito's stay around small bodies of water like buckets and such!

Unfortunately, after a bit of research, I've found out these mosquitos can travel, usually by boat or in people's belongings. That's how that breed of mosquitos has reached all continents (except Antartica). Plus they will be going into port occasionally, so the risk is still there, but possibly minimised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->