Zoe or Zoey?

MrsMcCurdy

Future Momma
Reaction score
Just wanted a vote on which way you would spell it. Also if you spell it with 2 dots over the 'e'(can't actually do it on my phone)?
To me Zoey with a y seems more complete with you write it but Zoe with out looks right but I think it looks more like "Zo" when saying it? Does that make sense??
So,
Zoe or Zoey?
TIA!!

I prefer it spelled Zoe. I have only ever seen it that way so it looks "correct" to me.

I'd still pronounce them the same, as it's not an unheard of name. But I do think it looks much better with the Y. the 2 dots over the e work too but I feel that might be a hassle with paperwork and such on computers?

That does seem to be an issue, 2 dots over the e isn't easy to find even on my computer.

You hold the 'e' down and the option to add dots or whatever comes up, same for any letter with added bits.

Zoe looks 'right' to me, but probs because I have never seen it spelt Zoey before.

I wouldn't bother with the dots over the 'e' - will just make things more complicated! I prefer Zoey!

I'm going to change my mind on this one!

I said Zoe purely because that's how I'm familiar with it, but the more I read at the title, the prettier Zoey looks!

I prefer Zoey, because Zoe doesn't sound like Zoey to me when I say it in my head I here Zoe like Joe, and Zoey like Joey, if that makes any sence :)

I've always seen it spelled Zoe, though Zoey obviously works. For whatever reason it's considered misspelled on my computer with the y. I personally prefer Zoe (obviously lol), the y seems a bit excessive to me. The two dots above the e would cause too many problems - you'd be surprised at how difficult it is just to have a hyphen in the name.

Though when I announced the name, my great aunt DID ask how Zoe would pronounced. She thought it was "Zo".

Thank you ladies for your opinions! Though it seems to be half and half haha! I'm thinking Zoey. It looks complete and I pronounce it right in my head then.
I love the name! The way it sounds, the fact that it's not popular where I'm at and it means 'life'. And hubby loves Ashlyn so we were thinking Zoey Ashlyn. WDYT??

I like both ways but I think Zoey is a pretty spelling :)

I've seen it both ways, but I much prefer 'Zoe'. It seems excessive with the y

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->