Zoloft Withdrawal, SCH, and Rhinitis = Miserable

Chiochick

Reaction score
I'm such a messsssss!!!
I'm going to whine for a bit.. just a heads up.
First and foremost, I love this baby and I love being pregnant!

BUT

I'm an absolute mess :cry:

Firstly, as posted before, I learned about my subchorionic hemorrhage.
I'm terrified every day about losing baby.
On top of that, no O (not talking about ovulation) for me. I'm erm helping out SO but it's making it worse for me.
I pretty much just lay in bed all day.

Next, I'm 99% sure I have rhinitis, or at the very least, aggressive allergies. I sneeze about 30+ times a day and it's hurting my abdomen. I'm scared it's going to make my SCH worse.
My nose is chapped from blowing it. My sinuses are on fire and completely packed.
And if it's rhinitis, it could last the rest of the pregnancy.

Then the icing on the cake.
I'm coming off my zoloft.
So on top of everything else, I can't sleep, I'm irritable and cranky, and I have been getting brain zaps. It literally feels like my brain is vibrating in my head.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through these next few weeks.
All I can do is lay in my bed in the dark.
I've been a crap mom to my other littles.
I was so excited for this pregnancy and it's been one of the most awful experiences ever.
I just want to enjoy this pregnancy!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It sounds like you're having a rough time :hugs: I read many many positive stories of SCH clearing up just fine, so try not to worry about that too much. I don't know much about rhinitis vs allergies but constantly sneezing is no fun and neither is being stuck in bed.
It sounds frustrating to be on pelvic rest, but at least it's only temporary until the SCH is gone, think of all the fun you can have then haha.
And your Zoloft withdrawal is just another pain you don't need. Try to be kind to yourself, and don't beat yourself up. You can't do everything you normally would right now, but it's temporary. Your little ones can still give you lots of cuddles.
Hope you feel better ASAP xxxxxxxx :hugs:

I'm so sorry! I can kinda empathise with you - first tri sucks! It will get better though and the end result is worth it!

I have rhinitis and there are things you can take for it so see your doctor!

Thank you both. I really shouldn't be complaining but it's been hard to stay positive.
I shouldn't have whined about pelvic rest as that's the least of my issues heh
I'm trying my best to stay upbeat :(

This must be a rough time for you. I'm sorry :( I take Zoloft also so I know about how crappy withdrawal is. I get so moody and angry and frustrated when I haven't taken it in a couple days. It sucks.

Don't feel bad for complaining! Pregnancy is rough! The end result is great, but the road there is filled with a lot of ups and downs. Especially if you have worrying issues like an SCH.
I too am having issues with sneezing and stuffiness. It's awful. I'm not sure if it's rhinitis or just allergies in my case, but either way... Ugh. I feel you there.
And brain zaps are terrible. I've come off of SSRI's twice in my life and had them both times. They do end soon, or at least did for me.
Big hugs. Pregnancy is a hard time. I hope your SCH resolves at least, and that's one less thing you have to worry about.

Sorry you are having a hard time :(

With Zoloft it may be better to withdraw slower. First time I did it I got brain zaps too but I also came off too quick (and too soon after stopping breastfeeding so hormones were still balancing) and I ended up back on it again.

2nd time I weaned really slowly so I dropped from 1 tablet to half a tablet for a month then a 1/4 of a tablet for a while then I took it every other day and eventually stopped with no brain zaps.

Don't feel like you have to stop if you need it. I was on it throughout my 2nd pregnancy, although I managed to be on 25mg for most of it so quite a low dose but after my first failed attempt at weaning it was safer to stay on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->