£60-£70 a week in electric!

Wow that's a crazy amount. I used to work for British gas and would hate having to take calls from electric only customers as there would always be problems! Something is definitely not right her hun, I'm not sure what exactly but are you taking meter reads yourself, or is that something you don't do as it's a pay as you use meter? A few times I've had customers with a faulty meter and you really need to push for them to get someone to come out and look at it because that's definitely not right x

I'd seriously think about leaving Broken Britain if I were you. I did and I've never looked back.

haven't a clue then. someone needs to check the meters are runnning correctly

do you have an eco boost button on the boiler or control panel to have your hot water set so its not heated all the time? My dh change our setting to this so it only heats when we use it, it's annoying to run the tap but that cost us less money to do so.

i was just mentioning the cummunal lighting thing because we didnt know we were paying it until we have a safety bloke checking our wiring and i went to get the post and noticed all the hallway lights going on and off. we were overcharged about £200 for that.

are there any videos or tutorials on you tube for checking boilers and meters and settings??

UPDATE!

Hi everyone bit of a breakthrough!:happydance:

I've been on he phone all day to southern electric and my housing assosiation turns out its not SE at all!

My HA are now taking full responsibility and have finally been honest with me and have said its because the builders put the wrong size systems for heating and hot water in our flat and and flat oppersite us :nope:.

They've transferred £280 into my account which is going in there any time now to cover my electric untill the new year and is then coming out to see my self and my neighbour on the 2nd of next month!

We are looking at having to have major building work done to our flats having the whole heating systems ripped out and changed and also have a false ceiling put in so there's less space to heat!

I feel relieved that something is getting done but a little but miffed as to why they lied when I approached them with this problem coming up to 8 weeks ago :growlmad:!

Thankyou for all the advice everyone xxxx

Great update, hope they are going to refund some of the money you have had to spend up until this point x

OMG how naughty of them :growlmad: I'm glad you persevered and got the result you wanted though hun, well done. Glad it's sorted :)

Glad your getting to the bottom of it :)

Yay! glad you got it sorted! Now just hope they pay you back some of the money youve already paid!

excellent news. happy for you. that's one thing off your mind in time for xmas xx

so glad you got an answer! i was reading your thread thinking OMG! our electric and gas combined is 70 a month!

Thankyou :) just hope they do something about it ASAP and don't leave us waiting for months as we just can't afford to live like it :( once that £200 is gone on there were screwed! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->