°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Me too. I've come back after my lunch break and I'm exhausted. If I close my eyes I really think I will just fall asleep :sleep: roll on 4:30!

I am absolutely fuming, I'm shaking I'm so angry. Just got to work to be congratulated on my pregnancy by a girl at work, my general manager took it on himself to tell her that I'm pregnant, like because she's pregnant too it makes is ok. She's 14 weeks and knows everything is OK with her baby, I'm only 8 weeks!!! What is upsetting me the most is that people from work are going to know before my own family, I haven't even told my dad yet. I feel like I' going to e forced to announce this now because if she knows, who else knows? I feel like crying :(

Omg that's awful! You should definitely speak with her and let her know you're not happy. I'm pretty sure that's illegal anyway - they're meant to keep everything confidential!!

princess taz i would complain to someone higher up this is illegal!

I agree I'm pretty sure it's illegal for him to tell anyone .. plus it's not his place too. Are you in a union? If so I would go to them and get advice! x

I let her know I wasn't happy and she promised she wouldn't say anything to anyone else. I just can't believe he would do that knowing what I went through with the MC in October! No I am not in a union, I'm going to phone my OH when I get a break and see what he says. I am definitely going to consider taking it further. I feel hurt more than anything, I feel like they've robbed me of sharing the happy news when I'm ready and know everything is ok with this baba.

I'd be so upset and annoyed too Taz, that is shocking! I've had to tell my manager and close colleagues for health and safety but they have a duty to keep it confidential if you say so :growlmad: some people just amaze me, how can they be so thoughtless? Sending you a big hug :hugs:

I've talked to my OH and he doesn't think I should complain as the manager in question is actually a really nice guy and it probably was just a genuine mistake and he said it before he could think about it. I am still upset and really annoyed but I'm just going to sit down with him and tell him the score. All the hormones aren't helping either, I feel like an emotional wreak at the best of times. OH understands why I'm upset but thinks I'll regret taking it further as I normally get on so well with my this manager. I can feel this is going to be one of those days, just going to take some deep breaths and try not to get stressed. Thanks for the support ladies :flower:

i'd ask for a writen appoligy i would be fumming if that happened in my work!

See that's how I feel but OH thinks I'm over reacting, he's blaming my pregnancy hormones. He understands why I'm upset but just thinks it's ok to make a genuine mistake. My argument he is is the most superior manager and should know better. If I gave out any information about other members of staff or customers I'd lose my bloody job!

Tbh hun I think you should take it further. Regardless of him being a lovely guy he has breached confidentiality! It is illegal x

I think you should take it higher and demand a written apology too! Even if he's a nice guy, he still breached privacy laws! Maybe sleep on it to make DH happier, then launch your complaint tomorrow!

Thanks ladies, I just can't wait for this shift to end now! I am definitely putting the lottery on now this weekend, maybe I'll win and never have t come back. Wishful thinking lol...

Thanks ladies, I just can't wait for this shift to end now! I am definitely putting the lottery on now this weekend, maybe I'll win and never have t come back. Wishful thinking lol...

I feel the same :lol: I'll share if you share :haha: x

You manager was bang out of order, both morally and legally! He had no right to speak to others about your pregnancy!

My hubby was the one to tell the biggest blabber mouth at his work when i was preg (only 5 or 6 weeks preg maximum!) with our first. So everyone knew before i could say anything. I was so cross, just to say he did not do it with subsequent pregnancies! There is excitement, and there is knowing when to keep mouths shut. That goes for personal and work environments.

Riliye, how yuck to have food poisoning! how were you able to tell it apart from MS?
MissMummyMoo, happy 10 weeks! I wish I could sleep all day. I will get a nap tomorrow I hope when DD1 at nursery and DD2 napping...
Smile, glad your appt went well - it's always good to have a MW you get on with!
Taz I'd be raging about that to be honest, but I think you have to pick your battles. I'd talk to him first and see if he is forthcoming with an apology and seems genuinely sorry. I've learned the hard way which fights to have at work (and I'm not shy of sticking my head above the parapet when necessary...). My boss told a few people the first time I was pg, but I had only told her after scan anyway, so I'd already started to tell people, so I wasn't as enraged!

I'm shattered now, had probably my penultimate appt with my clinical psychologist, who I have seen since just after Bridget was born, It's going to be hard to let that go! She was going to discharge me anyway in Jan, but agreed to keep seeing me until we move, to check I'm not falling apart under the strain of moving country with two young children and while pregnant!

This thread moves so fast I cannot keep up...... Had my Dr appt yesterday and a wee scare as he could only find an empty sac, I was devastated!! He told me to empty my bladder after my internal exam and he wanted one last look b4 booking me in to go to the hospital and have a better ultrasound done. Sat down in the chair and Bam! There was lil one! Turns out the other one was just an empty sac where a 2nd baby was meant to be but didnt develop...

wow Wantabelly that must have been a fright! I'm glad you found your little one - did they measure OK for your dates? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->