°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

awww what was wrong with the tech? glad everything was alright hope u got some good pictures :D

Mrsine we're not having NT or triple test done - didn't get them for DD1 or 2.
Charlotte, that sounds like HB to me :)
WantaBelly, that's such a cute wee bump - I'm all flubber and gut, love handles, just got fat so far, I've put on a lot too much weight already. Can't wait for a bump to stretch things forward a bit!
Kasey, glad scan went well :)

As for me, I have the daughters from hell today, I am feeling I am just not cut out for motherhood today, and can't believe I am bringing a third little life in to this world to torment me. DD1 has done nothing but shout at me all morning, a pleasant break while she is at nursery school. I'm hoping she has cheered up when I collect her - DD2 should improve after her nap hopefully! I hope it's just settling down after daddy being home for the weekend and being away again now. It must be hard for them, it's hard for me, and they're not able to express it appropriately...

awww what was wrong with the tech? glad everything was alright hope u got some good pictures :D

We got some great photos thanks (see attached images) :). The baby has got really long legs! Everything looked perfect and normal for this gestation. Regarding the tech- as soon as she started to scan for the baby she had decided that my bladder wasn't full enough and then said that we won't dwell on the negative things and go onto the positive things- both my OH and I thought she was going to say that there was something really awful wrong with the baby but then everything she said turned out positive in the end. She generally came across very abrupt and not particularly sensitive. I am very happy I won't have to go back there for a 20 week scan as will be in the U.S by then. I am still feeling a bit uneasy after the scan even though everything was fine.

Attachments

• P1050834.jpg
    P1050834.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P1050835.jpg
    P1050835.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
so what, she just meant your "empty" bladder was negative then - weird, eh! Have you got a date for moving sorted yet?

I think so- she didn't mention it again and I guess if there was something wrong with my bladder they would have said so! Re. U.S - My OH's company want us to move out on 30th March - we are still waiting for the decision that my OH can work in the U.S but they think it will be a positive decision and that should come through this week or next week which technically gives us a month to sort everything out even though everything is still not definite! xx

Kasey, those are incredibly long legs! You are going to feel that baby moving soon, I imagine! So glad the scan went well, despite the tech who really sounds weirdly insensitive. :hugs:

Thanks Seaweed eater :) I hope we feel baby move soon!! We felt our 1st son kick at 15 weeks gestation and he had shorter legs than this baby does! To be honest, will start to relax in this pregnancy once I can feel baby move :) XX

tech sounds like an ass sorry to hear that hun but fantastic pictures hun :D

weird question hun but can you fly being pregnant at the stage your at? i'm too high risk so wont ever get clearence in pregnancy to fly lol good thing i don't own a passport.

You can fly up til 36 weeks with doctors permission in an uncomplicated singleton pregnancy (some airlines 34 weeks...) I flew at 33 with DD1.

ah i was a no fly case lol am again with this pregnancy but doesn't bother me i don't really go out of scotland lol

Wow, so it's been a while, hasn't it? Last I was here, I had terrible food poisoning and literally thought I was going to die...lots has happened since then!

Tomorrow I am officially 13 weeks...that makes me into the second trimester, yes? I'll have to PM FloridaGirl to get added to that secret FB group now.

Okay, so I had my 12 week appointment last Wednesday...no ultrasound just a dopplar to hear baby's heartbeat. Took them 6-7 tries to get baby to stop fleeing from the dopplar long enough to measure how fast his little heart was! Haha, it was funny. The tech goes "You probably can't feel this yet, but he sure is MOBILE!" And since everyone I've told that story to has asked the same question -- no, we don't know it's a boy. That's just the terminology the tech used, and what B and I normally use. (Technically, it's grammatically proper! lol)

I haven't been online hardly at all because looking at a computer screen makes me terribly nauseated. Really, um...pretty much a lot of stuff does. I've thrown up every day since 7 weeks, with no real sign of it going away. I've lost 13 lbs and can't seem to gain any of it back. My doctor has me drinking protein shakes because she wants me to have more calories in the morning.

But I have a bump! It's a cute little bump, and already everyone at work is having fun with it. I work with a bunch of teenage to young twenties girls, so everyone is like "Can I feel your belly!?!?" and then I'm like "Sure, here is where baby is." and then they all squeal and go "IT'S HARDDDDD!" Sometimes I think my co-workers are more excited about my baby than I am! Then again...they haven't spent the past 6 weeks with their heads in the toilet, either.

This week will be my first week going back to a solid 40 hours. I'm both relieved and dreading it. The money will be nice, as the DH and I would like to have 3 months worth of savings built up by my due date, but man, I'm exhausted with only 4 days of work. Five is going to be killer!

Hopefully I'll be able to chat more on the FB group than I can here.

Congrats on 2nd tri, Riliye! :happydance: I enjoyed reading about your doppler experience. I have my 12 week appointment coming up tomorrow and I believe there will be a doppler check but no u/s, so it's nice to know what to expect.

Morning everyone! I'm 10 weeks today, double figures! :happydance: 25% done!

Love the pics kasey, glad it was all ok despite stupid sonographer :)

Congrats on 2nd tri Riliye, so exciting to think we're all heading that way now, can't wait to be out of first. Sorry you're still suffering, hope it passes soon xx

Hey everyone! Sorry I've not been on for ages... I've spent the last three days catching up with all the posts - some amazing scan pictures and heartbeat videos!

I bought a Doppler but am kinda wishing I rented a good one instead since I'm not sure we've found anything. It's worrying me a little because we're at the stage where most of my symptoms have disappeared, but obviously can't yet feel the baby (and because I'm a big girl I can't even really feel my womb yet either). So although it's nice not to feel sick all the time, I feel a bit anticlimactic!!

Hope everyone hasa great Tuesday! :winkwink:

Did everyone do/is everyone doing the test for downs syndrome?

I´ve had the NT screening done (well, the measurements have been taken but I don´t have my blood tests for a few weeks) because the test isn´t just for Downs. It is for many other more serious chromosomal abnormalities, some of which make the baby incompatible with life. Also, if the nuchal fold measures too big, but the bloods show that there are no chromosomal problems, it can indicate a cardiac problem, which could then be studied, monitored and controlled throughout the pregnancy which is obviously really important. Many people seem to think that the screening is done to help you decide whether or not to have an abortion, but that really isn´t the case. The screening can just make your pregnancy a lot easier and safer for both you and the baby. I understand that everyone has their own preferences though!

As for me, I have the daughters from hell today, I am feeling I am just not cut out for motherhood today, and can't believe I am bringing a third little life in to this world to torment me.

Lol. You know you love being a mum! There wouldn´t be another LO in there if it wasn´t the case!

as soon as she started to scan for the baby she had decided that my bladder wasn't full enough

Weird, I got told that my bladder was too full so had to go empty it!

weird question hun but can you fly being pregnant at the stage your at? i'm too high risk so wont ever get clearence in pregnancy to fly lol good thing i don't own a passport.

According to my midwife it´s safe it fly at any stage but the companies but a 32 week (approx) limit because they don´t want you going into labour whilst you´re up in the clouds!

So I finally had my first scan yesterday and it was brilliant! He was moving around so much that´s it´s weird to think that I can´t feel anything. I couldn´t believe that that was actually inside of me whilst i was watching the screen! At the moment, everything looks fine and my edd has been moved up to Sept 4th. On the way out the gyne blurted out that it looks like a boy but she can´t be 100% sure. I didn´t even know it was possible to see the sex this early! It´s a gtood job that we do want to know the sex because she never asked us first but I almost would have preferred to wait until it was definite because now although I´m trying not to, I´m thinking that its a boy but if they tell me at 20 weeks that it´s a girl it´s just going to mess with my head! :wacko: Not bothered either way though x

miss malteser you just articulated my thoughts on the NT scan but much better than I could :thumbup: it seems to be very much associated with Downs now but there is much more to it and I think it needs better explanation from midwives and doctors.

Woohoo for your scan :) I'm loving all these scans! I know what you mean about gender I didn't think they liked to say anything so early as like you say it could be wrong at this stage! Glad all is ok :) x

happy 10 weeks Elhaym & happy 12 weeks seaweed eater!

I'm 13 weeks today! I've got two peaches !! I'm a big girl too fran, so can't feel my womb with my hand, but I can definitely feel it in there, it feels a bit "heavy" and uncomfortable at night!

miss malteser you just articulated my thoughts on the NT scan but much better than I could it seems to be very much associated with Downs now but there is much more to it and I think it needs better explanation from midwives and doctors.

I feel the same. I´m no expert on the subject and don´t mean to preach but it really bugs me when I read that women are turning down the opportunity to have the screening done and their only reason is because the results wouldn´t change anything i.e. they wouldn´t have an abortion. I feel the same regarding abortion because of Downs but I would feel terrible if my child did have a different problem which could have been controlled during pregnancy but wasn´t because I turned down the opportunity to have it detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->