°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

I have a friend that was told at her 12 week scan that the DR was 90% sure she was having a little girl and now her daughter just turned 4 months old :)

I think it's possible, but very rare as most babies nubs aren't even visible until 14-16-ish weeks at the earliest. But I have heard of it before though :) And I'd think boy parts are harder to confuse, unless they confuse it with the umbilical cord :wacko:

Maybe it is possible then. Apparently boy parts and girl parts look almost identical at 12 weeks though. I really wish she hadn´t told me until she was 100% sure!

I also know someone from my old parent and toddler group that was told that she was having a girl at her 12 week scan, she didn't get it confirmed at her 20 week scan as her husband wanted a surprise (he wasn't able to make the 12 week scan) and she ended up giving birth to a little girl!

We've discussed what LO might look like and we both agree we don't want it to have OHs nose, it is massive! I don't want it to have my eyes because they are so dark they look black and they are really big, other people say my eyes are best feature though. I'm sure we'll bot think it's the cutest baby ever regardless though. I am curious to see what complexion LO will have though, we're both mixed race but OH looks white.

I've never heard of being able to tell the sex at 12 weeks apart from people guessing using the skull shape. We both agreed we don't want to find out the sex but I've been looking around and there really isn't much choice for unisex clothes. I guess we could have a shopping spree once LO is born. I think if they ask me at my 20 weeks scan I might cave, don't think OH will let me find out though!

Hope everyone is doing good :)

My MS has started coming back, hopefully not for long. Can't believe I'm 12 weeks today, I thought this day would never come. Got my scan on Thursday, can't wait :happydance:

Hi JellyBeann :wave: I think first tri has dragged for me! I'm hoping the later weeks go faster as we'll be busy moving!
Miss Malteser, I saw your post before, I didn't think it was possible to do anything more than guess at 12 weeks...

Name (just first)? Anna

How old are you? 31

What's your EDD, how have you figured that date? September 19, 2012 and my doctor did it from my LMP

What # child is this for you? first

Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl? As long as its healthy I have no choice but I really would like a girl.

Are you finding out the gender? yes

How many months were you TTC? 15 months

Are you on any meds to help support your pregnancy? promithazene and zofran for nausea.

Evening all, so tired today! I didn't really have the horrific tiredness until about week 12 but now it's tormenting me! Had an amusing pregnancy-related experience at work today - our facilities manager came and asked me if he could have a word and we went to a private corner where he told me that there will be a fire drill evacuation tomorrow at 10.30am. He was telling me so I could get out using the lift at 10.20am before it happened - we work on the 13th floor so I'm not going to refuse!! And he didn't want any of my team to overhear so they were forewarned! Although as DH said when I got home, it'd be down the stairs in a real fire!!

Really enjoyed reading people's responses to my previous message! Happy to hear I have a birthday twin in seaweed eater - what will you be doing this year? I booked it off today which was a bit naughty as I'm supposed to be saving hols for before mat leave!

lyndsay49 - I'm hoping the same with regards to metabolism! My family are all chunky but DH's are all skinny and live on chocolate! And Chinese takeaway, and whatever else they fancy!

Lucy - glad there's hope for the blue eyes! I just want to keep guessing!

Princess Taz - cracked me up with the nose comment!

I still can't make up my mind about the scan. It would definitely be my birthday present (probably from DH and parents combined) so that gets around the money part, but still...

Know what you girls mean about the debt and money. We made a budget before TTC to make sure we could afford to do this (just about!) with all the bills and my debts. But just wanted to say, I'm a trained debt counsellor working for the country's biggest (and best, of course) debt advice charity, so if any of you would like any advice or help with budgets etc then please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help myself or give you the details of the charity, whichever is best.

Everyone have a great evening!

What do you guys think of your midwife? I'm not sure if I like mine, I hope my opinion changes because I want to look forward to my appointments. It's such a special time, I really wanted to have a midwife that I liked and had a good rapport with.

not seen my midwife yet and wont likely see the same one more than once lol

I quite like the community MW we have here. I haven't seen her yet this pregnancy. When we move to Germany I will have to interview MWs and choose one. I will only see her for delivery and after birth as far as I can work out... I will have to also interview and choose a gynae too for all prenatal care!

I've seen mine twice and from what I can gather I think all my appointments will be with her. It's just a few comments she's made like one about being young for having assisted conception and using fertility drugs. Little things like that really wind me up and 25 and old enough to know that I want to start a family with the man I've been with for the last 10 years! My hormones are probably making me over react to things a little more than normal. We'll see how things go at my 16 week appointment.

Hi everyone,
I havent been on here practically since I first found out I was pregnant as I had problems with my last pregnancy - had a stillbirth and my little boy had downs and a heart condition called AVSD, so I've been too nervous to talk about this pregnancy till I knew everything was ok.

Well today I got the results back from my CVS I had (which was so painfull!) and I am thrilled to say I am having a healthy baby girl due the 20th of september!!

Got my 12 week scan on thursday, didn't think they'd give me one but they want to get an official due date.

Hope everyone is doing well, i'm glad I can finally join you all and start enjoying my pregnancy!xx

babybelle, so glad to hear your CVS came back normal :) May I ask how you know you're having a girl? Like has it been confirmed?

That's brilliant news babybelle, I'm glad you can finally start enjoying your pregnancy :)

Congratulations Anna and babybelle.
Babybelle I'm glad your cvs results were good :)

babybelle, so glad to hear your CVS came back normal :) May I ask how you know you're having a girl? Like has it been confirmed?

Thank you, a huge weight has been lifted now! They look firstly at chromosome pairs 13, 18 and 21 trisomies and then 23 (the sex ones) for thing like turners sydrome, so they saw that they were XX so could confirm I was having a girl!

Hi Babybelle- glad your CVS results were all good :) Hope your 12 week scan goes well on Thursday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->