°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Can't wait to find out about everyone's gender scans! :happydance: I am hoping we get lucky and find out at the NT scan, but more likely it won't be until 20 weeks. Feels like a long time to wait! The baby already knows whether he/she is a boy or a girl, you know? Why not just tell the rest of us? :lol:

I'm not sure when or if we're doing a gender scan--I'm ambivalent about gender. There are certain reasons I'd rather prefer a girl, but other reasons I'd prefer a boy!

I have a Dr appt on March 12th & hopefully he will take a peek at bubs then......

My first scan is on the 12th of March! I'm so excited. Did anyone come up as anaemic from their blood test?

i always do hun :( are you taking prenatal vitamins?

Pregnacare makes me feel funny so i'm only taking folic acid. Apparently I can get some iron pills in the second trimester.

I've needed iron both times before, so I guess I will again this time, but haven't had blood results back from booking yet - next appt on 14th, so will find out then

I did one with DD1 last time :)
I also did some photos myself and one of the mummies on here edited them for me - so glad I did - I hope I have the confidence to do it again!

She gave me a discount cause it was through a friend, WHOOP. Only thirty bucks! We're going to try to do it on a carousel hehe!

Hey everyone... Hope you've all had a great weekend... I've been obsessed with trying to guess what our baby will inherit from us both! My sister-in-law had a baby 2 weeks ago (was cuddling her yesterday, so cute and tiny) and she looks just like my MIL, same as her 15 year old half sister and DH's other niece (his brother's daughter). On my side, my brother has three sons who all look like my mum's family - quite funny because his girlfriend has an eldest son who looks exactly like her, but the two boys they have together are all him! :haha:

So basically, my hubby has three nieces who all look like his family despite the three other parents, and I have three nephews who look like my family, not the two mothers. I figure this means we probably both have strong genes! But his are mostly dominant characteristics - e.g. His brown eyes and hair, to my blue eyes and light hair. So I'm guessing his genes will win out mostly! Though my freckles should appear!

Sorry if that was boring! But is anyone else wondering about all these (interesting!) little things?

Also, great to hear about all the gender scans! Are most people having private ones? It's my birthday on March 23, I'll be 17 weeks (and 34 years! :cry:) and am thinking of going for a private gender scan as my birthday present! Found a place in Leeds which does them for £69 from 16 weeks... Figured that way, when I have my NHS one on 12 April, I'll have two opinions on gender! I'm worried about being told the wrong sex! We're only finding out because my dad is so obsessed with having a granddaughter and we want to prepare him (either way, one set of grandparents is going to be particularly thrilled!). But I keep thinking it's money I could spend on beanie!

Well that was a long one, I'll be quiet now!

Hey everyone... Hope you've all had a great weekend... I've been obsessed with trying to guess what our baby will inherit from us both!

We've been having some fun conversations about that too...mostly about personality characteristics since we know a lot about what LO will look like given our ethnic backgrounds. It's a nice way to feel more attached and get more excited!

Also, great to hear about all the gender scans! Are most people having private ones? It's my birthday on March 23, I'll be 17 weeks (and 34 years! :cry:) and am thinking of going for a private gender scan as my birthday present!

Hey, we have the same birthday! :flower: I don't think my gender scan is until a few weeks later, but I have a doctor appointment on that day so hopefully I will get to hear LO's heartbeat as a birthday gift. I think having a private gender scan sounds like a great idea...as long as you don't have a very strong preference for one or the other, of course :lol:

Im going to wait and just have my NHS gender scan, because for some reason im convinced it's a boy. We keep wondering what LO will look like, I just hope they have my OH metabolism!

Fran, I thought our DDs would both have brown eyes as DH and I do, but we must both have a recessive blue that DD2 got, as she is blue eyed!

We're waiting until the anomoly scan to find out, I'm trying to get out of debt before baby comes, quite a bit aswell lol, so trying to not spend money :( xx

:hi: I've not been around for a while due to computer problems lol...but I'm 11 weeks, this has flown by! I'm quite excited it's flown by as I was dreading the first trimester dragging! I have my scan on March 13th!

Im going to wait and just have my NHS gender scan, because for some reason im convinced it's a boy. We keep wondering what LO will look like, I just hope they have my OH metabolism!

I am waiting for 20 week scan to find out the sex as long as our hospital is able to tell us as some aren't :( but i would like to know as i don't have a feeling one way or the other :shrug:

I'm also waiting for NHS scan as money tight at the mo (paying off the debts too Charlotte!) If I can wait this long for the 12 week scan I can wait for the 20 :) I'd do if it I had spare cash though x

Has noone else found out the sex at the 12 week scan? For those of you that haven´t seen my post, my gyne blurted out that she thought it was a boy and some people have told us that there´s no way she could have seen so early, whilst others have said that she must have been sure to tell us without us even asking! Either way, I´m going to wait until the 20 week scan for confirmation (would only go private if I had lots of money to spare as the money could be put to much better use in our case) but I would like to know if it is quite possible to see the sex or not as noone else seems to have found out so early on! It´s driving me mad thinking it´s a boy...probably but not definitely!

*Should just mention that we don´t mind if it is a boy or girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->