°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Congatulations Jessy :)
Charlotte, glad scan went well. I've been BMI just nder 30 in all three pregnancies - I think it sucks somewhat weighing you at 12 weeks, when you've already had two months to gain weight! Can't see you scan pics at work :(
Ezza, hope you can get your new hospital worked out ok and not have to travel back!

wow jessy very productive i am too scare to even touch on that stuff and with DS i wrote my birth plan at 28week. wont likely do it any early than that although baby does already have his/her name.

Name for the baby is the one thing I am struggling with. I've looked at all the baby name websites and nothing seems to be 'sticking' out at me. Thankfully I've got a while left to find the name!

we have names as we're naming baby after my OH's grandparents, his grandfather passed away in august so if its a boy even more reason baby will be called after him if its male. but we'll see :D

I considered naming the baby, if it's a boy, after my father who passed away 3 and a half years ago. My siblings felt it wasn't right to do so (even to use his name, Brian, as a middle name) while my mom said it was up to me. I'm not going to do it out of respect for the wishes of my brothers and sisters, who don't want me to do it, so it's back to square one as far as names are concerned.

I like Annabelle, as it's uncommon where I live, but I'm trying to avoid A, E and J names as most of my immediate family have names beginning with these letters. I'll find a name eventually!

thats strange about naming bab after our father being offencive i would crack up at that personally. my son is named after my uncle, my great grandfather, i wanted to name him after my grandfather who died when i was just little girl bt my father has same name and we aren't that close so it went out for my son's name

this baby is getting all family names:

For boy he will have his great grand father's name (my OH's grandfather) his grandpa's name (OH's dad also passed away) my OH's name and then a name we have picked from our scottish heritage,...

For girl she will have her great grand mother's name (OH's grandmother Still alive but almost 100) her grandma's name (OH's mother still alive) her great aunties name (OH's aunie as she has done so much for us) and her great grandfather's 2nd last name which was a girls name lol (OH's grand father who passed)

if that makes sense.

i like long names my DS is called

James Samuel Jonathan Leo *second name*

we're doing Willow for a girl and Colton for a boy

I like your name choice Alexis xx

anyone got sharp shotting pains in their lower side? like a stitch?

Just had our NT scan at nearly 13 weeks, and it looks like we're having a BOY!! :happydance: :yipee: I've been thinking it was a boy all along so I'm very excited. The tech was very careful to say it's not certain yet, but she sounded confident and I thought I saw a boy nub too.

Baby is looking great and low risk, which is a huge relief...however, I was told my placenta is positioned very low at the moment. Anyone else hear this? I was also told not to worry about it because they often move up by around 20 weeks...I really hope so because I don't want to have a C-section, but I will have one if that's what it takes to get baby out safely.

I will post photos later. The nub is not very apparent in the photos, but you all can see what you think.

Seaweed Eater (I love your username btw!), you seem happy that it's likely you're having a boy so congratulations.

I'm still deciding whether to find out the sex or not. I'd love to have the surprise when I've given birth but I don't know if I can wait!

im definatly wanting to find out the sex.... i like to be prepared and get loads of cool boy or girl clothes the stuff for either or are so plain and boring and my baby is gonna rock out with all the hip clothes hahaha plus i wanna start planning for the nursery as soon as i can. my hubby wasnt sure if he wanted to know .. said he would like a surprise (so would I ) but would also like to know so its settled we are finding out as soon as we can YIPPPPEEE!!!

as for names i have so many that i like but none are really to do with my/hubbys family ... the only one would be my hubbys middle name which is his grandfathers names .. its Archibald i love it shortened to Archer or Archie but not so keen on the full name ... MIL really wants me to use it but im just not sure.

for a boy my fave is Carter
for a girl my fave is Pyper, Paige or Poppy but i also have loads of others im pretty sure im haveing a boy and im stuck on carter but dont really have any others so i need to get my thinking cap on

hope your all well... im waiting to hear back from hospital now so well see

I would have been absolutely thrilled either way, just really wanted to find out!! And I knew there was a good chance we wouldn't get a solid guess at this point. Just happy to know it's likely to be one or the other :lol:

Here's our kiddo! (That brighter line in the first photo is not the nub, I think; I can't tell whether the nub is visible or not. Think it is not visible in the second photo but feel free to tell me otherwise!)

hi everyone ive been reading this thread since u guys started it. i had my daughter in nov 2011. but i just happened to see something i wanted to comment on. but first congratz on all of ur pregnancies. seaweedeater when i was pregnant with my daughter i got told at my 12 week scan that i had a low laying placenta (placenta previa) u will get extra scans due to this to see if its moving. mine moved every 4 weeks when we got our scans. by 20 weeks it was 1 cm away from my cervix which still wasnt good but better than it being fully over the cervix.. by 24 weeks it was 2+ cms away were that wanted it so u have a really good chance of it moving. that say ur placenta itself doesnt move its ur uteraus moving which makes it be higher. u will also probably have an anterior placenta (in the front) due to it. which is no big deal!! but with placenta preivia u have a chance of bleed (not trying to scare u just trying to give u a heads up) but for me i had it really bad and never bleed once so i hope ur just as lucky as i am.. congratz on ur pregnancy!!

Seaweed, I found out at exactly 12 wks 6 days that I was having a boy and he is now 17 months old and getting into EVERYTHING! I knew the second the dr started looking 'down there' that he was definitely a boy! And at my 12 week scan with my now 5 month old daughter I pretty much knew she was a girl due to the 'lack of' what I saw down there...... I don't knnow if this has any relevence on anything but I have 2 boys and 5 girls and each of my girls almost ALWAYS had their legs crossed during the ultrasounds.

hi everyone ive been reading this thread since u guys started it. i had my daughter in nov 2011. but i just happened to see something i wanted to comment on. but first congratz on all of ur pregnancies. seaweedeater when i was pregnant with my daughter i got told at my 12 week scan that i had a low laying placenta (placenta previa) u will get extra scans due to this to see if its moving. mine moved every 4 weeks when we got our scans. by 20 weeks it was 1 cm away from my cervix which still wasnt good but better than it being fully over the cervix.. by 24 weeks it was 2+ cms away were that wanted it so u have a really good chance of it moving. that say ur placenta itself doesnt move its ur uteraus moving which makes it be higher. u will also probably have an anterior placenta (in the front) due to it. which is no big deal!! but with placenta preivia u have a chance of bleed (not trying to scare u just trying to give u a heads up) but for me i had it really bad and never bleed once so i hope ur just as lucky as i am.. congratz on ur pregnancy!!

Thanks so much for the info. :hugs: Yes, I thought it might be anterior, but apparently according to the report sheet they gave me it's posterior, so that's cool...not totally sure of the implications of that but I guess it's easier to feel movement with a posterior one?

Anyway, I guess the most important thing is for the previa to resolve. I have a friend who's in her third trimester now who had it earlier on, and she did have some bleeding as a result of it, but hers moved up. The report doesn't even say anything about it and they didn't recommend an extra scan, but when I asked the tech she did tell me it was very low...she said they don't actually diagnose previas this early so we should just wait and see...so it sounds like they are not that worried about it, but I'm still glad I know so I can avoid sex and be careful, and that I'll know in case I do have a bleed.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. :hugs:

One other thing, bbygurl, if you don't mind, do/did you have a retroverted uterus by any chance? I only have a sample size of two but my friend and I both have retroverted uteruses and have or had low-lying placentas, so I wonder whether the things are related.

i have my booking in appointment and scan today i am worried but i have been listening to the baby's heart beat most nights so should be alright i hope....

Hi, I had my 12 week scan yesterday and they changed my due date to the 15th! Only 1 day out!
He/she was been a little wriggler and not doing what the sonographer wanted but she managed to get measurements. We didn't get a good pic as baby was looking down on scan photo but the main thing is everything looked great! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->