°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Happy Birthday to James, Lynne. I hope he's had a great day.

I am 27 weeks tomorrow! I am not sure if I'm going to be in third tri or not, I've seen it 'start' at both 27 and 28 weeks so I'm not really sure. Feeling great and Cora is really active.

My sister is back in the UK for a few days as she had some things to sort out. I miss her so much, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she goes back for good :(

Welcome and congratulations Tammy :)

Lynne - Happy 27 weeks to you and Happy Birthday to James :cake:

Since being off work I walk everyday all over town and I went back down to a size one pants! WOOP! I'm not dieting or anything, just walking a ton and drinking as much water as I can. Hopefully I can keep this up until birth. I'm normally a 0, went up to a three because of water retention/weight gain. I'm not sure if I lost weight or not, not too worried about my weight. But I have a maternity photoshoot soon so it'd be awesome if the face and thigh bloat keeps away for like, two more weeks lol!

Happy Birthday to James, Lynne. I hope he's had a great day.

I am 27 weeks tomorrow! I am not sure if I'm going to be in third tri or not, I've seen it 'start' at both 27 and 28 weeks so I'm not really sure. Feeling great and Cora is really active.

My sister is back in the UK for a few days as she had some things to sort out. I miss her so much, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she goes back for good :(

hey hun thanks, yeah your only a day behind me how is wee cora grace? how are scans going? i was told by hospital at 27weeks i was classed as third trimester. so i am going with that lol :D thats good wee one is active my little miss is really active too can really see her moving around when i lift my top lol its hours of entertainment lol

sorry to hear your sister is back in uk. how awful to be so far away from her, sorry she's moving for good must be hard huge :hugs:

We're both good. I haven't had a sonogram for a while actually, though I have one coming up. It's funny because they're called sonograms or ultrasounds here in the US rather than scans, which I've learned is what they're usually called in the UK. I always catch myself saying scans, even my sister picked up on it and says I'm almost as English as she is :haha:

She's been living in London for two years now and it still isn't any easier. She'll be back on the 27th but goes back to London in the middle of July until September :(

We're both good. I haven't had a sonogram for a while actually, though I have one coming up. It's funny because they're called sonograms or ultrasounds here in the US rather than scans, which I've learned is what they're usually called in the UK. I always catch myself saying scans, even my sister picked up on it and says I'm almost as English as she is :haha:

She's been living in London for two years now and it still isn't any easier. She'll be back on the 27th but goes back to London in the middle of July until September :(

glad you are both doing well. oh can't wait to hear all about your next ultrasound. lol mad how things are different like that ah lol, i usually call it ultrasound or scan but i have had CTscans and QVscans so saying scan can mean anything lol :p is your sister actually english?

aww not good must be hard, i don't get to see my sister very often but she only lives about 30miles away and i always miss her but she's only 7 lol awww huge hugs are you hoping to have her back when cora is young? what is it she does in london if you don't mind me asking?

She's not English, she was born in the USA like me and lived here up until two years ago. She's a dancer and moved to London to both dance professionally as well as study. She comes back as much as she can, which isn't much unfortunately. She'll be here in September for 4 weeks to spend time with Cora and I, well that's the plan for now. She's not sure if she'll be back here for Christmas or not, she usually isn't, but things aren't 100% final so we're not sure right now. I'd love to have here back here permanently but I understand it's not possible right now, maybe one day though!

Recently I've been considering changing Cora's name. As it stands, she's Cora Grace Alea Young. I posted a thread about my concerns as her initials will be CGAY and I really don't want to give my child names which spell out the word gay. Most people who responded to my post suggested changing the name to Cora Alea Grace, which I like, but I just feel Cora Alea doesn't flow as well as Cora Grace does due to there being too much of an 'A' sound.

Alea is after my sister with the same name and I also have a sister called Emma, so today I have been considering changing the name Alea to Emily, as my sister Alea always goes by Aly and the -ily ending of Emily sounds a bit like Aly :haha: Cora Grace Emily Young, what does everyone think? That way I get to honor both of my sisters. My best friend suggested the spelling Emaly but I think it looks horrible and trashy. But, as she'll rarely use her full name and her initials may not be written out too much do I leave it? Ah this is so hard! :dohh:

Believe it or not, she now has a new name! I was just speaking to my older sister about the name issue and we've managed to find a new but just as beautiful name :happydance: I've decided I'm keeping this one a secret! Her first name is still Cora and last name is still Young, but Grace and Alea are no longer part of her name. Her initials will be CFEY but apart from what I've revealed, the rest is a secret.

Once I heard the name my sister suggested, it felt more perfect than her original name which is why I was able to settle on it immediately. Plus, the name is even more perfect as it continues to reflect some more important people in my life, which her previous name sadly didn't :cloud9:

I can't remember what the N in your daughters name is, but I can remember what the other letters are. You posted her name a few months back, it's beautiful and goes really well with James. I think I said a similar thing at the time :)

The original name I really liked, and her initials now are the same as the name you posted so I can't wait to hear what it is when she arrives :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->