°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Lana as in Lana Lang from Superman is the name I liked but didn't get cause of the background to the name, Lara is the spinoff of that name lol.

Wow Wee ladies!! yesterday was a WILD ride. Here in Virginia, bad storms yesterday, tornado's were spawned, trees and power lines everywhere.. and going on day 2 with no power :( :(. I am at work, but feel crappy, no way to shower and my clothes are wrinkled :( but oh well.. atleast I'm alive. Those storms were crazy crazy!!! looks like it did when Hurricane Irene came through last year. Plz pray we get power back on today.

Oh no! Hope you get your power back on today. I'm glad you're ok though x

Thanks!! I hope so too. Hubby called power company, and they told him that crews would get to us as soon as they could. I'm like really?????? ughh, I hate being told to wait. Luckily its only going to be in the lower 80's here with hardly any humidity, so that is a plus.

Lol LO scared my dad's cat! She was sleeping on my bump and lara kicked her. Her face was priceless. Sheer terror then jumped off me

Induction is provisionally booked for September 1st. My dad died on September 1st 2008, so it's always been a hard day and I cried when my doctor said they'd want to induce me that day. However, it's not 100% necessary as Cora has had a huge growth spurt and is now measuring at 25+1 so if she continues to do as she has done, it's likely it'll be cancelled and I'll be able to have a natural birth. However, if I do go overdue, I'll be induced on the 24th which I already knew.

I am also no longer anemic, so it's been a great 2 weeks for both Cora and I as we're making really promising progress :happydance: I'm so proud of my little girl!

My 12 weeks "safe to announce" day landed exactly on the 1 year for my grampa. It was bitter sweet, but made me feel closer to him if you know what I mean. like it was our special day.

My mom said a similar thing when I told her about my possible induction date. It's very bittersweet but obviously meant to be. They're looking over us :)

Hello Ladies... Just want to share some 4D scan piccies i had done last night :)
Had the tech confirm that i am indeed having a little girl. YAY now i can stop worrying that she'll be born a boy.

hope everyone is well!!

Attachments

• WARREN_8.jpg
    WARREN_8.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
  • WARREN_28.jpg
    WARREN_28.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 5
  • WARREN_35.jpg
    WARREN_35.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
  • WARREN_36.jpg
    WARREN_36.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • WARREN_43.jpg
    WARREN_43.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
MommaAlexis - I wish I could go down a size or 2, I feel like a whale lol. I've been drinking water and stuff but still gaining the weight. I'm a bit gutted cause I lost 2st before getting preggers and now I'm putting it all back on, it will be worth it though. Looking forward to seeing your pictures :) x

Jessy16 - I understand wanting to the the name, kids can be cruel! I look forward to finding out what the new name is. I do love Cora though and I'm glad she is growing so nicely, that's a nice growth spurt she's had :) x

Elhaym - Glad you liked the birthing centre. I won't find out if I can use my local birth centre until my 36 week consultant appointment, if they say yes I can. The consultant said as long as everything is ok it won't be a problem but they are keeping me on consultant for now because it was assisted conception. I'll be really gutted if I can't use it because I'll have to go to a hospital in another town and I really want a natural water birth :) x

2boyz1onway - Glad everyone is ok, hope your power is sorted now x

Mumsince - I love the pics, she looks adorable :) x

AFM - I passed my GTT so I'm happy about that, I do have low iron though so I have to take supplements 3 times a day. Hopefully they won't me any more constipated than I already am. Other than that feeling pretty good apart from lack of sleep. Between my fidgeting OH and dog and peeing I get no sleep. I'm going to go back to night shifts so I can have the bed to myself all day so fingers crossed that will help. I think we are 100% set on the names we've chosen but we aren't sharing until we've seen LO and know the name suits and plus I don't want any negative comments and our families are very opinionated! OH has let slip to a couple of his work mates and they told him they didn't like the boys name we've chosen, I wasn't impressed! xx

Hope everyone is well :)

Ignore what other people say hun, if you like the names that is all that matters.

I went for my 28 week midwife appointment today and baby is measuring 31 weeks. Eeeek. If he is still measuring ahead when I go next I have to go for a growth scan, in someway I want him to be measuring ahead just so I can see him again but I know that for me giving birth at the birth centre etc I need him to slow down lol xx

I would love to see baba again, I do hope that it doesn't stop you using the birth centre though. Last year 2 colleagues got told they were going to have ginormous babies... Both were under 8lbs so they aren't always right xx

Thanks Taz, we were without power for almost 3 days, but back on now. Could you imagine 90+ degree heat with no AC and just a few box fans?? ugh thats how I felt, but we pulled through ok and now loving the AC :):):)

I don't know how you coped, especially being pregnant. I hate being too hot! Glad it's all sorted now x

Glad to hear you have got power back now 2boyz- we did the inventory on our rental last Friday and the house was 88 degrees farenheit as a/c hadn't been on for awhile - nearly fainted as the realtor was leaving- luckily sat down just in time! We were lucky the storms didn't hit us too badly in Ct- just had thunderstorms and rain Monday morning!
Princess Taz - glad GTT test went well, sorry to hear about the low iron levels - hope the supplements kick in soon!
Charlotte - hope you are still able to get your birth centre birth, but definitely nice to see baby again if possible.
AFM, 30 weeks today! The final countdown is on now- my nesting instincts have just kicked in again so will be busy next week washing and ironing baby C's clothes and bedding! Can't wait! :) I have had fun and games this a.m filling in my pre-admissions form for the hospital (I seriously miss the NHS)- had to call up the hospital about something on the form and I just kept being transferred to different people which was extremely frustrating! In the end, I called up DS's surgery and they answered my question straight away! Happy that the form is now all completed!

Happy 30 weeks kasey, 3/4 of the way there now :happydance:
Must be hard adjusting to a new a system while pregnant, hope you don't get anymore forms to fill out xx
Oh and yay for nesting, I can't wait for that to kick in because I have everything but nothing is actually sorted out!

Thanks Princess Taz- there is a lot to get used to but getting there now just have to sort out a GP for OH and I which I will do tomorrow. Unfortunately, it will probably involve more form filling but think I am starting to understand all the wording etc! Definitely yay for nesting all our possessions arrive Monday so I can make a proper start! The removal company brought a couple of boxes and our beds yesterday... Think the removal company chap must have thought I was a complete weirdo as I got excited when the first thing unpacked from the box was our bathroom bin and my son's potty that had been wrapped in a tesco bag!!

Glad to hear you have got power back now 2boyz- we did the inventory on our rental last Friday and the house was 88 degrees farenheit as a/c hadn't been on for awhile - nearly fainted as the realtor was leaving- luckily sat down just in time! We were lucky the storms didn't hit us too badly in Ct- just had thunderstorms and rain Monday morning!
Princess Taz - glad GTT test went well, sorry to hear about the low iron levels - hope the supplements kick in soon!
Charlotte - hope you are still able to get your birth centre birth, but definitely nice to see baby again if possible.
AFM, 30 weeks today! The final countdown is on now- my nesting instincts have just kicked in again so will be busy next week washing and ironing baby C's clothes and bedding! Can't wait! :) I have had fun and games this a.m filling in my pre-admissions form for the hospital (I seriously miss the NHS)- had to call up the hospital about something on the form and I just kept being transferred to different people which was extremely frustrating! In the end, I called up DS's surgery and they answered my question straight away! Happy that the form is now all completed!

Yea those storms were crazy!! We usually do not get many tornado's around here, but lately seems like when we get storms, there is all sorts of tornado's around :(. oh well.

I don't like the heat, but tomorrow is suppose to be 101 before heat index and sat/sun 100 and all next week will be 97 before heat index. Ughhh!! I was hoping for a cool 4th of July so I could take my boys to see the fireworks and not have to worry about sweating to death, but looks like that is whats gonna happen. oh well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->