°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well :) Seem to have been busy lately - went to look around the birthing centre and it was sooooo nice, I am definitely going to book in there if no problems. went to look at a house too but I wasn't keen in the end, we're going to wait for now I think.

Jessy, I'm glad you're happy with the name, it has to be something you're happy with, I'm glad you've kept Cora though it's lovely!

3rd trimester today! x

I wish I could decide... well annoyingly I do know what my favourite is, but OH isn't keen. The knob. :haha: I'm sure it'll sort itself out. Love your name choice Alex :)

Hi lynne! Oh the BC was gorgeous. It's only about 18 months old so really new and shiny! Huge birthing rooms - 4 rooms and 3 of them have pools - with birth balls, stools, chairs etc. Each room has an en suite too with a shower. There's also a lounge area for partners and a kitchen to make brews and heat food up. There's even a private garden to wander in if you want some fresh air while labouring, haha :haha: I'm going to book in there - as long as I remain low risk, baby is head down, and I go into labour after 37 weeks I should be fine. Your iron has to be over a certain level too so I'll get that done at 28 week appointment next week. You can only get entonox and pethidine there though so if you can't cope or any issues arise you'd have to transfer to the delivery suite at hospital, but I'm keeping PMA, I can do it, LOL.

Maybe I should put my foot down with the name! I've carried the baby, I don't see why I have to compromise :haha:

I've loved Lana forever but didn't want to because of superman. Then I heard Lara in one of my favourite songs, never even noticed it there before. It was going to be Lorelai at first but didn't feel right.

oh I ain't paying for it, it's NHS! :D There are a few around nowadays, not sure which areas but worth having a look and seeing if there is anything similar near by you. A couple of years ago they closed the main maternity ward at the hospital near us and opened this centre instead, so all other births/high risk etc have to go to the new maternity unit at the next hospital, so it's a money saving exercise really!

will they take you off high risk then with your history? x

They didn't tell me about the iron when I looked round Elhaym. I've just been put on iron tablets. I hope I can still give birth there. My OH thinks he can go on the patio for a fag whilst I'm in labour. Don't think so Mr! X

The birth centre sounds lovely Elhaym! Fingers crossed that you and Charlotte can both give birth there! I didn't know there was a pre-requisite with iron levels however I can see where they are going with the iron levels as if you lose a lot of blood after giving birth, you might need to have a blood transfusion which would only be able to be done at the hospital but I can't see why they couldn't transfer you if necessary... Xx

They didn't tell me about the iron when I looked round Elhaym. I've just been put on iron tablets. I hope I can still give birth there. My OH thinks he can go on the patio for a fag whilst I'm in labour. Don't think so Mr! X

LOL my OH said exactly the same thing :haha:

Check with your MW at your next appointment about the iron - I'm sure she said it needed to be above 10? Hopefully yours will be OK with the tablets - I've not had mine checked since booking so hoping it's OK when she does the 28 week bloods.

kasey yeah I assume it's in case of excessive blood loss, I suppose they have to cover themselves and minimise any possible risk. The centre is 20 mins drive from the hospital maternity unit so maybe that's why? I was worried about the possibility of transfer initially, but they are well trained at spotting problems well in advance and I've decided I'd rather be somewhere where I'm relaxed and comfortable x

I don't mind him going whilst I'm not at pushing stage but once I've transitioned he's not leaving. My iron at the minute is 9 so I'm just under. Hopefully will be ok in 12 weeks time :)

It's half an hour to Burnley but the transfer rate for BB birth centre is 12% whereas the transfer rate for Burnley Birth Centre is 36% and Blackburn have done over 1500 births. It's also behind my house :) I like the homely feeling to it, like the kitchen and stuff. Hope we both manage to get it Michelle xx

Oh that transfer rate is reassuring, I forgot to ask them :dohh: My friend told me they do transfer much more from Burnley BC as it's smaller, so if they run out of room they just send you over to delivery suite. Plus I guess if you know there's an epidural available down the corridor you're more likely to want one! Only one pool at Burnley too. (It's Natalie btw :D don't worry) x

Where did I get Michelle from! Haha! Baby brain I'll tell you. Sorry hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"