°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

cant believe im 30 weeks tomorrow!! Flying by!

Does anybody feel like their baby is going to come early/late??

I have a feeling she will come early, but not much early! haha
xx

I have a feeling Jenson will come early, only because he's measuring so big already x

I haven't posted on here in a very long time, but it is nice to see some updates!

I am now 28 weeks pregnant expecting a little boy and hoping for a home birth.

Would love some opinions on names... Thinking of staying true to my Irish roots and naming him either Tadhg (pronounced like tiger without the er) or Cillian (pronounced Killian). Are these just too weird for a child being raised in England?

Kian is probably an anglicised version of the name Cian. Like Ciaran/ Keiran or Cillian/Killian. Feel free to be honest about the names...
Tadhg Edward or Cillian Myles or neither!

How strange, OH's youngest is called Myles!! He is of Irish decent too x

Kian is probably an anglicised version of the name Cian. Like Ciaran/ Keiran or Cillian/Killian. Feel free to be honest about the names...
Tadhg Edward or Cillian Myles or neither!

I really like Cillian Myles x

Thank you PrincessTaz and Charloteee that is funny! Myles is my big brother's name. Is your little man going to be a Jenson? Also, we are due on the same day!

Yep. Jenson Paul James are his names. I too think Cillian Myles is lovely. Yay a due date buddy xx

Hi ladies, I only have 3 weeks left at work before maternity leave woohoo!:happydance:

I like the name Cillian, but go with what you like hun, I've had a few negative comments about the name we picked 'Freddie.' but as long as you and OH like it thats all that matters.

Got my first of 2 antenatal classes on Monday, really looking forward to that hope it doesn't scare me too much!

Cora is 28 weeks today and I am 17 years old today! I'm going to be really obnoxious and say happy birthday me! :happydance: We are visiting family friends in a different state and we're here for the upcoming holiday (Fourth of July if you're not sure ;) ) so I may not be online much over the next 10 days. My sister is back from London too as she is joining us here. My brother and SIL are also with us, yay!

SophL, I prefer Cillian Myles purely because I would really really struggle with the pronunciation of Tadhg. I think many people will miss pronounce it, sorry :(

Since I can't keep it a secret, I'm revealing Cora's full name! Okay, so I know I sucked at keeping it a secret (it's been what, 5 days? :haha: ) and I'm happy to say she'll be called Cora Faith Emilea Young. Faith represents both my best friend (she is called Charlotte Faith), my belief and faith in myself to have the ability to be the parent I need to be to Cora, as well as my faith in Cora for being strong and growing well. Emilea represents my sisters Alea and Emma. The name was suggested by my older sister Aly but we changed the spelling just slightly, with the first two letters representing Emma and the last three being the last part of Alea's name.

Thanks a lot Lynne! I have had a great day so far :)

At my appointment on the 26th where I was 27+3, she was measuring at 25+1 so she is around two weeks behind with her growth but has made huge huge improvements which is great. If I make it to 40 weeks and she continues as she has been growing then she'll be similar in weight to a baby born at 38 weeks, but I will have weekly checkups from 30 weeks up until my delivery, whenever that is. I have an induction provisionally booked for September 1st, where I'll be 37 weeks exactly, if it is needed.

Oh dear, it's been ages since I've been on! We have internet again!

Mumsince2010, so glad to hear your little one is well now :)
Kasey, sounds like you're getting to grips with the US system... did you get your GP sorted? Hope the moving continues to go well when your stuff arrives tomorrow! We're still dodging boxes 3 weeks after moving... How did it go finding new tenants for your place?
Alexis, in the UK sushi is still on the OK to eat list, so long as it's from a safe source... Hope you have fun with your family visiting!
Lynne, glad James had a good birthday - enjoy your week at MILs!
Elhaym, sounds good to get your uni application all sorted now - good luck with that! My SIL retrained as a MW a few years ago now, and loves it!
Congratulations and welcome to the group xangex and Kellie!
Mrsine, hope you have fun baby shopping - I still have only bought one new thing for the new baby (a new sling)
Lyndsay, hi :) I'm just about to PM you about FB group - add me as a friend and I'll add you to the group...
Taz, hey! Glad you GTT all OK
Lynne, I had DD2 in a MW unit that was part of the maternity hospital - is there something like that near you? It was really good - 12 rooms, all with birth pool, stools, balls. Kitchen with free snacks etc... and literally just across the corridor from the labour ward!
Charlotte, I think so long as the tablets are controlling your iron then you are fine with this sorts of things - also a big baby shouldn't be an issue, DD2 was born in MW unit and weighed over 11lb!
2boyz, glad you got your power back on! I've been struggling with the humidity in Germany lately, and it hasnt' even been that hot!
Jessy, great news that Cora is catching up so well! Enjoy your 4th celebrations :) and good news you're not anaemic! Happy birthday!
Soph, I think even as a (Northern) Irish person Tadhg is quite unusual... I like Cillian though :)

As for me, well it's been a while... I had my glucouse screening test on Tuesday, results tomorrow - but I might chicken out of having to talk German on the phone and wait until my appointment on Thursday...
Having a growth scan on Thursday, baby was measuring two weeks ahead last scan, so by scan dates I'm 33 weeks today, by LMP I'm 31 weeks tomorrow... Still team yellow, so need to work out two lots of names - and I have no ideas at all!
We've been doing OK here in Germany I guess. DH is in England for his sisters wedding this weekend, so I'm on my own with the girls. I was feeling really ill on Friday, so was dreading the weekend, but I'm feeling a lot better now thankfully. The girls weren't invited to the wedding (grrr) which is why I'm here with them... so now I'm feeling better I'm feeling full of resentment and sadness that I'm not there too... Feeling sorry for myself.
German lessons going OK, pace is very slow though, but it keeps me busy . 4 weeks left before the course takes a summer break, and I probably won't be back after that, as I have to get B settling in to Kindergarten, then I@ll just have a week or two before I'm due... We have lots of visitors lined up over the summer which is great, my mum and 3 lots of friends at various stages - I'm so glad, as I'm starting to feel quite isolated here. EVen though I'm lessons with 20 other people every day, it's lonely - they're all different nationalities, but they all have at least one other person from the same country as them, so they can chat at breaktimes etc. Sorry moan over now.

Lynne - Happy 28 weeks :)
Glad you enjoyed your day out at the graduation and good luck for your GTT results, I'm sure they'll be fab though :) xx

Lyndsay - I'm so jealous, I still have 8 weeks until I go on maternity, hopefully it won't drag too much xx

Jessy - Happy Birthday and happy 28 weeks :) Hope and enjoy your holidays and spending some more time with your sister and family xx I love the new name by the way! xx
85243iysyixhgad.gif

Holywoodmum - Good luck with your GTT results, hope they're all ok and I'm sure your German will be along nicely. Practice makes perfect! :) It's a bit crap that your girls weren't invited to the wedding, I hoep you've all managed to still have a nice girly weekend though xx

29 Weeks for me today :happydance:

Hey everyone, haven't updated in ages but been reading everyone's posts.

Lynne: glad James had a great birthday and good luck with your test results.

Jessy: glad Cora is catching up nicely. And I love her name btw.

SophL: love the name Tadhg, but i'm pretty sure everyone will mispronounce it.

As for me, i finally caved and went for a private 3d/4d scan... We are now officially team Pink!!! Hubby is super excited!! I am of course excited too but not as much as he is lol I didn't really have a preference i just wanted to know whether i should buy dresses or trousers LOL

Congratulations on your daughter! Does she have a name?

Thanks for all of the great comments regarding Cora's new name. I love it almost as much as I love her! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->